Page 125 of 195 FirstFirst ... 2575100115122123124125126127128135150175 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2917

• Minion

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE -- This is the one that I forgot the most of. And now I really know why. It's kind of the most boring one even though some significant events happen in this. It seems to just go with the motions doesn't it? And.. I REALLY miss John Williams' music. The last few scores have been near identical to each other. Just the same "oooh fun strings" cues.
    They did offer John Williams the spot for Deathly Hallows parts 1 and 2 which is the reason it didn't have the same guy that did Order of the Phoenix and Half Blood Prince.

I watched Disney's Geppetto which came out for the Wonderful World of Disney on ABC. I forgot how much I loved that movie
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Just watch 300 Spartan again..Really awesome movie...I rate them 9/10

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    They did offer John Williams the spot for Deathly Hallows parts 1 and 2 which is the reason it didn't have the same guy that did Order of the Phoenix and Half Blood Prince.

What an odd coincidence... the two Harry Potter films that I found the most unmemorable when I first watched them in the theaters were Order of the Phoenix and Half Blood Prince. BOTH had music by Nicholas Hooper.

Patrick Doyle scored Goblet of Fire and for the most part retained a lot of John Williams themes.

Alexandre Desplat did the Deathly Hallows and I really liked it upon first viewing.

Strange how the music really takes away from my experience.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Circle of Ancients

The Help- Excellent story line with cast. A must see. And Emma Stone was wonderful.

• Infinitized!

The African Queen - The original Jungle Cruise movie! Haven't seen it in ages. Still great. I watched the restored DVD. Looked great.

• Goofy

conan the barbarrian. what a brutal gruesome movie it is. its so better than arnolds version.

• Disneyland PAP

Howard the Duck - Saw it in the checkout aisle at Target for five bucks. Never saw it but I'd heard the ol' "it's so bad it's good" thing about it. It was a little challenging for me to get all the way through in one sitting, but I did it! I've had friends say they loved it as kids. I can see why. Now that I've seen it, I think I can see it again and not be so hung up on what's "wrong" with it and just let it be silly for silly's sake.

***** Up Your Ears - I've had this DVD sitting on my shelf for about seven years now, ever since I was cast in a play entitled What the Butler Saw written by Joe Orton and our directed recommended it. I just got cast in a small part in another Orton play, Loot, and this director assigned watching it as homework! I'm glad I finally did. Oldman and Molina are amazing in the lead roles! Interesting too to see them some twenty-plus years younger than their recent Sirius Black and Doc Ock roles. Story's wacky but it's more wacky for being inspired by true events.

• Infinitized!

At the theater...

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed it more than Transformers. Finally Draco Malfoy got taken out. The only downside was recognizing the various Vancouver locales that stood in for San Fran. For instance, I liked how they shot one of the Vancouver trolley-styled tour buses to look like one of the SF cable cars - by not showing the bottom of it. I did like the couple of references to Heston's ship, the Icarus taking off and the "Lost in Space" headline. I wonder if they are planning to tackle this story line in the next one. If they do, I hope they return to Lake Powell to shoot a bunch of scenes, where the original and the Tim Burton remake were shot. It's wierd, I still want a sequel to Tim's.

• secure all cargo

The Sting. I really like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid so I thought I'd see this one. I think I like Butch and Sundance better, but this one is still a really well made con picture.

Horrible Bosses. Really funny - I haven't laughed this hard since Old School. The beginning where it sets up how nasty the bosses are is more of the awkward uncomfortable "The Office" type humor, but the movie really takes off once the guys decide to kill their bosses. Everyone gives inspired performances. I would definitely see this again.

Mars Attacks! I've been curious about this one for a while. I didn't really think about this til after but he was trying to make his tribute to Ed Wood. Unfortunately, though there are some hints of Tim Burton here and there, all he really did was try to imitate a B-movie, and just because you do that doesn't actually mean it's going to be funny, in this case it just means it's going to be boring. The first 30 minutes are really pointless. It picks up a bit when we finally meet the Martians, but the Martian jokes get old fast. I think the only thing I really liked was the bizarre Pierce Brosnan/ Sarah Jessica Parker love story. Theirs were the only performances that worked, which makes me feel like they were the only ones who really got the joke.

The Man With Two Brains. Wanting to see this for a while too. Underappreciated Steve Martin movie and a funny twist on the theme of loving someone for their mind and not their body. They all looked like they must have had fun making this one.

Blind Date. As a kid I thought this was hilarious. Looking back, maybe a bit corny but still pretty funny. Made me feel all nostalgic for the 80's - the fashion and hair, Billy Vera and the Beaters, crowd pleasing but shallow romance, Bruce Willis in his Moonlighting era. Very cool.

• Favorite movie ever

Blog Entries

Toy Story 3- What a great movie to watch on labor Day. One year after it came out and it is already starting to become a classic. Great movie. Period.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra5drgntKOI

I'M LOOKING THROUGH YOU...WHERE DID YOU GO?

• secure all cargo

Arthur. It was funny but also unexpectedly touching. I miss Dudley Moore.

Mr. Baseball. Usually when I like a film that wasn't well received, I can at least understand the arguments against the film even if I don't agree (or sometimes I do agree and like it anyway). But in this case I really don't get the 13% tomato score. To me this is a well made culture clash film with the "ugly American" and host culture ultimately learning to respect one another and borrow the best aspects from each for their own while still retaining their true identities. Other than an otherwise strong female character that has a sudden geisha moment and an occasional stereotypical "Buddha say..."-type one-liner, the movie is fairly balanced in it's treatment of both Americans and Japanese. I love how it simply films a lot of Japanese culture and doesn't try to explain it. I like that key conversations between Japanese characters actually occur in Japanese the way you'd expect them to instead of in English. And Tom Selleck is able to make an angry and entitled character totally sympathetic.

Gojira. I try to watch older movies keeping in mind the time they were made. But honestly, even though this is considered a B-movie classic I was kinda bored a lot of the time. The only thing that really kept it interesting for me was seeing how this was a statement of Japan's view of nuclear power just 10 years after the bombs were dropped, and watching the conflict between whether or not to use a weapon of mass destruction for the greater good.

13 Assassins. Really good overall, interesting characters and moral conflicts and great but brutal swordplay. I could have done without the 1st 20 minutes or so where the horrific and appalling actions of the villain occur, but I knew going into this that sadistic characters and shock are some of what the director is known for. The villain actually was well written otherwise. [SPOILER] Plus I have to admit it all made the villain's death at the end more satisfying, especially when contrasted with the nobility and honor of the heroes.

• Infinitized!

Watched a bunch of comic book movies from my DVD collection:

Since I saw Thor and Captain America a couple times each at the theater, thought I'd pull out:
    Iron Man
    The Incredible Hulk
    Iron Man 2

I'm still trying to figure out in which order these play out. I guess Thor is happening the same time as IM2 and Hulk is the first half of IM2? Of course Cap takes place before IM, and the last bit takes place...?

Batman - The best of the first four even though Tim Burton directed it, it didn't feel like a full on Burton flick.

Batman Returns - Good, however could've used more Batman. With the goth look, you could tell Tim had more influence on this one.

Batman Forever - Some good parts with Bruce Wayne, but Jim Carrey made it cheesey. Tommy Lee Jones' Two Face wasn't that great, treid to be too much like the Joker. And when Robin becomes Bats' sidekick, it went to the cheesiness of the TV show, even though they said in behind-the scenes featurettes they didn't want to go this way. The end felt like an episode of Ace and Gary.

Batman & Robin - What can I say? It was one big giant Ace and Gary episode with big cod pieces and rubber nipples. I remember a critic saying this was a migraine-inducing movie. I can confirm that. When I saw it in the theater I got a massive migraine and missed about 20 minutes of the movie.

Watched Chris Nolan's 2 Bats movies a couple weeks ago on Blu-Ray. By far the best.

After the visual hallucinations that were brought on by B&R, I watched another acid trip movie:
    Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas - Crazy movie. I keep quoting this movie ever since I saw it for the first time a bunch of years ago.

• Disneyland PAP

Abbott and Costello in the Foreign Legion and Abbott and Costello Meet the Invisible Man - Watched a couple more from my Universal Collection set. Definitely better films than some of the ones leading up to these chronologically in the set.

Tarzan the Ape Man - The 1981 Bo Derek one. Saw just once before, back in the day. A pure fantasy film, no reality involved except the reality that Bo's naked a lot. Miles O'Keefee looked pretty dead-on for a Tarzan; would've been interesting to see him have a chance to actually have played Tarzan rather than play Bo Derek's grown up Ken doll.

Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes - This one arrived three years later. Enjoyed it a lot back then, because I had read the original Burroughs novel and enjoyed how they used a lot of the original origin details. The second half drags a bit, but overall, enjoyed watching it again.

• Infinitized!

From my DVD collection:
    Remember the Titans - This has beens sitting in my DVD collection for awhile now and I finally got aorund to watching it for the first time. Great movie. Really enjoyed it.

• Infinitized!

On Blu-Ray from my collection:
    Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace - Despite the weak script and weak direction, oh boy did this look great on Blu! The big improvement in this one is the replacement of Muppet Yoda with CGI Yoda. Didn't notice anything else besides Yoda.