Page 126 of 194 FirstFirst ... 2676101116123124125126127128129136151176 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2909

• Infinitized!

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Continuing the Star WArs saga on Blu-Ray:
    Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones - Holy crap does this one look crisp. Maybe it's too HD. Some scenes feel like watching either a video game or some HD TV show. I didn't notice any GL tinkers with this one.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

HALL PASS -- Throughout the entire film, I was going "man, this is one really awkward and embarrassing movie. Then I find out it's a Farrelly Brothers movie. NO WONDER. They're the king of embarrassing and awkward moments!

I don't think I laughed all too much during the movie but in retrospect, it's funny. So I think maybe if I saw it again, it would be hilarious.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Infinitized!

Continuing Star Wars on Blu-Ray:
    Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith - This one looks great. I didn't notice any tweaks in this one.

I think I'll check out some of the behind the scenes stuff for the prequels next before I watch the classic trilogy.

• Infinitized!

Continuing the Star Wars saga on Blu-Ray:
    Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope - Looks great but I still have a gripe with this one that I had with the DVD - the sound, more precisely, the dialogue sound. In some spots it's nice and clear, and in other spots it's hard to hear what the actors are saying. Anyone else notice this?

Obi's howl actually doesn't bother me much. Noticed R2 is now behind a bunch of rocks. I also noticed on the far-away shot of Mos Eisley (when Luke and Ben or on the cliff overlooking the city)you can see ships (streaks) taking off - never noticed this before on the DVDs. Also noticed they darkened the Death Star when the Millenium Falcon is making its escape. I can't remember if this was done on the DVDs already or was changed for the Blus.

Watched a bit of the bonus features for Episode I - wow is there a lot of stuff on there, but there are some things that didn't make it from the DVDs, so hold onto those.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Continuing the Star Wars saga on Blu-Ray:
    Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope - I also noticed on the far-away shot of Mos Eisley (when Luke and Ben or on the cliff overlooking the city)you can see ships (streaks) taking off - never noticed this before on the DVDs.

They've always been there.

... since 1997.

We Are The Night - German movie featuring 3 women vampires. It started off great, but about halfway thru became really formulaic. They did a good job of creating the dark-industrial-punk atmosphere and the actresses were good, especially the young girl who played Lena. But, I felt that the writers couldn't come up with an ending so tacked on two cliches and called it good. 2 stars out of 4.

• Infinitized!

Continuing Star Wars on Blu-Ray...
    Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - looks great. I didn't notice any new tweaksin this one.
    Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi - Also looks great, however this one had a few tweaks done since the DVD release. First noticable thing, the side sweep of Jabba's Palace's door to make it look bigger. Wicket's eyes blinking is another one, although the other Ewoks' eyes don't blink. Then I noticed R2 is CG when he gets blasted at the bunker and his systems are going berserk. And then of course you have Vader yelling "Nooooo". The one change I still don't get from the DVD release is putting Hayden in the ghost scene. It doesn't make sense. Both Ben and Yoda perished at a certain age and they appear as ghosts at that age, Anakin does not - doesn't make sense. Besides the tweaks, Jedi also looks good. Now I got a bunch of behind the scenes stuff to watch.

After watching all 6 movies in 3 days, I'm gonna rank them like this:
    1. The Empire Strikes Back
    2. A New Hope
    3. Return of the Jedi
    4. Revenge of the Sith
    5. Attack of the Clones
    6. The Phantom Menace
    I wonder if George will release the Ewok movies on Blu-Ray?

• Circle of Ancients

Cedar Rapids

Another one of those movies that could have been so good. It had some funny parts, and actually a good story, but it just kind fell short.

Insidious

I thought it was great. Probably one of the creepiest movies I've seen in awhile. Very well done all the way around.

I did not watch any movies recently. However I watched the movie “Spy kids 4” last month.

• MiceChat Moderator

STAR WARS EPISODE I: THE PHANTOM MENACE -- Done the Blu Ray and enjoyed seeing the updated Yoda shots throughout. Overall, aside from the Neimoidian voices, Jar Jar Binks, and Jake Lloyd, I think this is still the better prequel made simply because the story is less complicated and has less to do with the events in Ep2 and Ep3. Cinematically, there's some amazing shots (and fewer CG overall): invasion army, gungans coming out of the swamp, battle droids released onto the grass, establishing shots, etc. Plus, the best lightsaber duel in the entire saga!

• Disneyland PAP

LEGO Star Wars: The Padawan Menace - Until I get around to replacing my PS3's Blu-ray drive, I'm only able to watch DVDs on it. Luckily, this movie comes with a DVD too. I'd never seen it before, but I loved it! For anyone who remembers seeing Hardware Wars for their first time, this is a lot like that for today's audiences. This is currently a Walmart exclusive title too, so my rare visit there was worth it.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The Green Hornet
    Was a little long in the tooth, but was better than the BF & I were expecting. A fun little popcorn movie.

Rio
    This was really freaking cute. I loved it.

• secure all cargo

Speed Racer. I finally caught this and ended up watching it a second time because I liked it so much. It's really too bad this didn't get a bigger audience, there was too much of a certain type of expectation, and even if there wasn't that expectation it was on it's own merits different enough that many were bound to find it weird. I have to confess that it took me a couple minutes to get used to the cartoon look of the film, but once I bought into it I had a great time. The races are involving and exciting, the fight scenes are a fun mix of anime and B-movie karate, the acting and direction for the most part breeze easily between serious and camp. Other than a Wachowski moment involving an unnecessarily long explanation by the villain about his view of racing (reminded me of the speeches by the Merovingian and the Architect) it's a really fun movie that I hope eventually finds it's supporters.

Cinderella. My kids saw it for the first time ever. My favorite Walt-era princess film.

The Expendables. I think the theater I saw it in the first time had the light bulb in the projector turned on low because some of the action at the end which takes place at night was a little dark and hard to tell who was who - I thought at the time that was just how it was filmed. But on my laptop there were no problems like that this time.

Cars 2. It was playing on my flight so I watched it again. Other than the beautifully animated races, I still don't really care for it much. Nevertheless, it does make me hyped for Carsland at DCA.

Knight And Day. My wife loves this movie and wanted to see it again, and I have to admit I like it too. It has a light playful tone and the scene on the plane is easily one of the funniest fight scenes I've seen, largely because of the acting. Both characters are very likable.

• MiceChat Moderator

STAR WARS EPISODE II: THE ATTACK OF THE CLONES -- Worst Star Wars ever. I watched Episode 1 in one night. It took me THREE NIGHTS to get through this stinker. From the acting, to the script, to some of the lackluster and uncreative designs, to the many many awkward moments, there is nothing redeeming about this film. It's a mess. I can list all the many reasons it's bad but I don't wanna bore you.

SUCKERPUNCH -- What do you get when you mix Kill Bill with Sky Captain with a strip club and add a dash of Muppet Babies? This dumb excuse for a movie. The action is visually fun and the girls are all hot but this could have been so much more meaningful if it was executed just a bit differently. It's one thing to go into a movie for an escape, but when you're escaping into a movie and within the first 5 minutes you find out that everything you see really isn't what's happening, it's a let down.

• secure all cargo

Dolphin Tale. I took my 5 year old to see it and we both loved it. Very touching family film that doesn't rely on making cute for the kids or sly references for the adults, every scene works for all ages. Really well done. The scenes are not manipulative, they speak for themselves, and the kid does a great job with the role.