Page 128 of 192 FirstFirst ... 2878103118125126127128129130131138153178 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2869

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

TOWER HEIST -- Is it a return of Eddie Murphy? Sorta. But this really isn't an Eddie Murphy movie that the advertisements boast. This is a Ben Stiller movie and his ensemble cast that support him. That said, it was pretty entertaining with a few wonky parts. But everything out of Matthew Broderick's mouth hole was just gold. I laughed quite a bit at him so I'd say it's worth it for that. Not the super funny movie that people would expect but it isn't bad.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Infinitized!

On Blu-Ray:
    Fanboys - It was pretty good. Some good cameos in there. Seth Rogen cracked me up as the Star Trek geek.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Water for Elephants - Really sad but really good.
    Adventureland - Second time seeing it. I still like it. Jesse Eisenberg and Kristen Stewart always seem to play the same characters.
    Pride and Prejudice - I adore this movie!!
    Scream 4 - Just as cheesy as the previous three but with a really sick twist at the end.
    The Nightmare Before Christmas - Such a classic Tim Burton.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• MiceChat Moderator

A VERY HAROLD AND KUMAR 3D CHRISTMAS -- I got exactly what I wanted from this. Complete ridiculous nonsensical fun.

• Mrs. J. Depp

The Roommate - Makes me glad I live alone!!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Disneyland PAP

Ed Wood - Picked this up from my local library while searching for other flicks to watch. Had never seen this before, loved it! Surprised to see skimpy bonus features pickings with a flick of this notoriety if it were released today. But listening to Martin Landau's research of Bela Lugosi was very enlightening.

Since no one else's posted anything since me, I'll just add to this post.

Cars 2 - Um, is it really bad that I way more enjoyed the Toy Story and Mater's Tall Tales shorts over Cars 2? Because it's true. I missed this in theatres, but heard rumblings about how this didn't meet most folks expectations. Now I really understand.

Green Lantern - I gave this another look after seeing it in theatres this past summer. Even put my Green Lantern ring on while watching it. But unfortunately, it wasn't as entertaining as I first thought it was. Tho' this viewing did give me some hopeful, whimsical perspective on what this film reminds me of: Star Trek - The Motion Picture. Another film with high fan expectations that weren't met. Oh, WB, please greenlight a sequel so GL can have his TWOK-like rebirth. (Hmm... )
    Last edited by Gone2Disneyland; 11-06-2011 at 10:27 PM. Reason: watched two more flicks over the weekend

• MiceChat Moderator

LOL, having bought CARS 2, and given it another go, I actually really enjoy it quite a bit more the 2nd time. There's really strong messages in this movie but of course, it's hard to read between the lines sometimes in the first go 'round. But watching it the 2nd time, there is a lot of heart buried in this movie.

• keh!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    LOL, having bought CARS 2, and given it another go, I actually really enjoy it quite a bit more the 2nd time. There's really strong messages in this movie but of course, it's hard to read between the lines sometimes in the first go 'round. But watching it the 2nd time, there is a lot of heart buried in this movie.
    i completely agree. when i watched it for my 2nd time on blu ray, i enjoyed it more than when i watched it in theaters.

• Circle of Ancients

Watched a couple over the weekend:

Paul

Saw this in the theater, I enjoyed it then, I enjoyed it again.

Thor

Another one I saw in the Theater, I think I enjoyed it more the first time if I'm being honest. It's still good, but after seeing X:Men-First Class I'm not sure if this one holds up.

• Infinitized!

On Blu-Ray from my collection:
    Sanctum - despite the low rating on IMDB and other reviews, this is actually a pretty cool movie (except for one cheesy part about 10 mins or so from the end).

Source Code - Another cool movie and Duncan Jones' second flick after he made Moon. Would be cool if Duncan did a movie with his dad starring in it.

Green Lantern (Extended Edition) - Again, I like this one despite the lower ratings it got. When I saw it in the theaters, I missed the scene half way thru the credits.

Jurassic Park - Looks great on Blu, however, there's quite a bit of grain on some interior scenes, such as when they are on the tour inside the visitor's center and the hatchery bit. Not sure what happened here when they were upgrading it to HD.

• Circle of Ancients

^ That's disappointing to hear about the graininess in JP. It was on my list but maybe I'll pass until the next "Special Edition".

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Jurassic Park - Looks great on Blu, however, there's quite a bit of grain on some interior scenes, such as when they are on the tour inside the visitor's center and the hatchery bit. Not sure what happened here when they were upgrading it to HD.
    Since buying my PS3 and HDTV, I visit a couple of Blu-ray review sites often, like blu-ray.com and highdefdigest.com. Long story short, film grain is a topic of much debate among consumers since Blu-ray introduced high definition into our lives. Some filmmakers like Spielberg don't mind the grain because it's a natural element in shooting on real film as opposed to today's digital film. There's lots of grain in Close Encounters and a fair tinge in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull that was shot on film, not digitally. So, for what it's worth, this review from HDD acknowledges the film grain in the Blu-ray.

Nonetheless, the elements used are in remarkably good shape with excellent detailing of clothing, foliage, and the animatronics. Facial complexions appear healthy, with splendid visible textures in close-ups. Colors are naturally rendered with primaries coming off the brightest. Generally, contrast is spot-on and crisp, but there are times when it fall flat. Again, this mostly happens when CGI effects come into play. Black levels are accurate and deep with admirable shadow delineation. The transfer also comes with a thin layer of grain throughout, which tends to be more prominent in poorly-lit interiors, providing the movie with a splendid film-like appearance that fans should love.
    Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Thor

Another one I saw in the Theater, I think I enjoyed it more the first time if I'm being honest. It's still good, but after seeing X:Men-First Class I'm not sure if this one holds up.
    I've yet to crack open my Thor Blu-ray to watch again, but imo X:M-FC is miles away a better film than Thor. I did not expect X-Men to be that sharp and clever a film as it turned out to be.

• MiceChat Moderator

BEING ELMO -- This is a cute documentary about Kevin Clash, the puppeteer that would grow up to become Elmo (and the baby in Dinosaurs and Splinter in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film). It's also a slight homage to Jim Henson and how he inspired Kevin into doing what he does. There is a bit of a Disney nod in there as well as Kevin grew up watching the Disney specials and live in that world. I recommend it for all Sesame Street/Muppet fans.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    ^ That's disappointing to hear about the graininess in JP. It was on my list but maybe I'll pass until the next "Special Edition".
    It's nothing too major to worry about. I wish I had a blu-ray drive in my PC so I could post some screencaps of it.

• Infinitized!

At the theater this evening:
    The Rum Diary - Good movie, but don't go in expecting an acid trip of a movie like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas was. (even though there is one short acid trip scene).