Page 129 of 191 FirstFirst ... 2979104119126127128129130131132139154179 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2856

• My prices are INSANE!

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Just got back from seeing West Side Story on the big screen.
    The screening was for the 50th Anniversary of the film.
    Incredible experience. No wonder it won 10 Oscars.

Next Wednesday we'll be seeing Lawrence of Arabia at the Million Dollar theater.

Living in downtown Los Angeles does have it's advantages.
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

CEDAR RAPIDS -- Kind of a strange comedy that is handled realistically in that "Sideways" kind of way where it's sad and pathetic but interesting and rather humorous too. Ed Helms is an honest Insurance salesman who is sent to an Insurance convention to win an award for the company. That's the premise and he meets other Insurance people and well.. things happen. haha. This comedy isn't for everyone but I'm glad I watched it. John C. Reilly is really fun to watch in this one.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• "Always On The Move..."

Due to Real Life interferring, I was unable to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II at the theater. Just saw it today and it was incredible. Yup, I cried and more than once.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• Disneyland PAP

I've been having to watch DVDs on my iMac lately, until I get my PS3 fixed. This weekend I watched...

Africa Screams/Jack and The Beanstalk - Two public domain films by Abbott and Costello I ordered for cheap from Amazon to reach free shipping. Both were produced independently by A&C and distributed with other studios than Universal whom they had a contract with at the time. I'd never seen either before and I enjoyed them both a lot. Perhaps them getting to work with another studio and self-producing their own movies energized them, particularly Lou. Jack was obviously an attempt at an "instant classic" along the lines of Disney's animated films. But the music was okay and the moments with "choreography" does not stand the test of time!

• secure all cargo

Rambo. I have mixed feelings. As an action film I was enormously entertained. I love seeing what’s going on with Rambo now he's much older (I have a thing for all these revived characters coming back 15 years later regardless of how good the rest of the film is - i.e. Indy, John McClane, Rocky). On the other hand, I feel weird about the script using a current real life human rights situation for something like Rambo. I felt like maybe it deserved more justice than a John Wayne diplomacy type action film. The fact it starts with actual graphic news footage of the atrocities occurring sets the tone for something more realistic than John Rambo. Well, on the other hand, it seems the Burmese really love the film and use it as a rallying cry against the government there (at least according to the DVD extras), and all the filmmakers involved seemed really sincere that it wasn't just about getting Rambo back in theaters but just as much to bring attention to the situation via the movie. So good for them. Btw the DVD extras are well done, not just a lot of "oh he's so professional" and all that, but actually really thoughtful about Sly and his process, and the the movie itself.

Little Big Soldier. I like seeing Jackie Chan taking a variety of roles these days. Usually his characters know martial arts, but not this one, everyone else knows kung fu but him. He is scrappy, but no fight skills, very sloppy, kind of a clown or buffoon at times, in some ways a coward. His relationship with the general is well written and the characters themselves are developed enough to be interesting. Some of the purpose behind certain events or actions of the characters is a bit lost on me, I think it might have to do with the translation. Also, I felt it contradicted itself in that parts of the film seemed to advocate against war even for the purpose of unifying China, but then the narration at the end seemed to say otherwise (the latter which felt more like what you'd expect from a Chinese Communist film). Otherwise pretty good.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 2 -- Saw it for the first time this weekend. Really well done. Makes me want to rewatch the ENTIRE series.

The only thing I didn't really care for...

Spoiler
    I don't know if this was how it was in the book since I didn't read it. But there was a moment where Harry walks through the castle post-battle and acknowledges some folks... but EVERYONE and i mean EVERYONE pretty much ignores him. No hero's welcome for Harry? That just didn't seem natural.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Circle of Ancients

^ That was pretty much like the book (from what I recall).

Spoiler
    I always looked at it as acknowledgement that in the end, it wasn't all about Harry.

They also didn't really cover just how many people died in the movie. It was much more "jarring" in the book IMO.

An Extremly Goofy Movie. its one of my favorites and yesterday I watched my favorites: Nowhere boy and Lost in Translation
    Don't listen to them, they are Poo-Poo heads!" -Heimlich (Bugs Life)
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________

[IMG]C:\Users\Grace Anne\Pictures\tumblr_ltcf59XOd11qhigt0o4_250.gif[/IMG]

• Infinitized!

From my Blu-Rays:
    The Lost World: Jurassic Park
    Jurassic Park III
    - also watched the new featurette on the disc, was nice that they included a little tribute to Michael Crichton and Stan Winston at the end of it.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Tristan and Isolde - Jeez James Franco blew me away! I love this movie.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Jack and Jill If you like Adam Sandler, then this is your film. It had it's moments, but most of it was that 'stupid' funny Sandler does well.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Infinitized!

On Blu-Ray:
    Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - Had it sitting on my shelf and decided to finally watch it in HD. Looks great!

• Infinitized!

Watched:
    Cool Runnings - because... during coffee break at work today, I took in a little Bobsled action for the Americas Cup:

Unfortunately, the Jamaicans weren't there, but it was cool watching the movie afterward and seeing a number of familiar sites.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Red Riding Hood - I had high expectations for this movie, but it failed in every way possible. The acting was horrid and nobody had an accent, which didn't fit with the time period of the movie which was supposed to sort of be medieval or something. I was kinda shocked to find out that the director was Catherine Hardwicke (Director of Twilight) because the original Twilight is actually my favorite of the saga, not too overdone and this movie was such a departure. I like Amanda Seyfried as an actress but she was no good in this role. Everyone should just leave all the creepy takes on old storybook classics to Tim Burton. He always knows how to get it right, even if it's bizarre.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• secure all cargo

Matilda. I caught it on TV last week. I hesitate to call it a "dark children's movie", something about that is just too contradictory for me, too uncomfortable an oxymoron. There are a couple of moments played for laughs that made me wince instead. It's right up DeVito's alley, but on the other hand he really balances the darkness with a lot of sincere sweetness, Matilda herself has a lot of inner strength, and the movie is otherwise pretty funny.

Ip Man 2. Really good kung-fu movie. I think I like the first one a bit better, the stakes are more life and death in the first, but there's this classic scene in the new one with all these old-school kung-fu stars facing off against Donnie Yen. I loved it.