Page 131 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3181106121128129130131132133134141156181 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2908

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Is Hugo playing in IMAX 3D anywhere?
    No, "Happy Feet 2 3D" is showing in all IMAX theatres in Regal theatres and AMC theatres.
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Breaking Dawn - Holy smokes don't take the kiddies to see this one. (And there WERE kids in our showing...tsk tsk) I thought it was a fantastic adaptation of the book which I've read 3 times. I was highly anticipating this movie. There were parts that were sorta weird or kinda stupid and I didn't completely agree with director Bill Condons take on things BUT I was still impressed. It's a pretty gruesome movie considering the other 3 movies which seem tame in comparison.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• My prices are INSANE!

Sherlock Holmes (2009) The sequel about to be released intrigued me to check out the first film. I actually enjoyed it. I'm now looking forward to seeing Game of Shadows which should bring the character of Professor Moriarty more into the story.
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• Jessie: exuberent & fun!!

Yesterday I saw Tangled. I watched it w/ the one who is #5 on my list of bff's. You see, I got the DVD for my birthday, and the friend I was watching w/ hadn't seen it yet. She loved it, just like almost everyone else I know who's seen it. Note: I said almost. I have one friend who, for whatever reason, hated it. Geez, that one girl who doesn't like it has issues! Anyway, the friend I was watching w/ loved it. She did a running commentary, along w/ me.
    Jessie is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My fav part in 2 is:
    Buzz: clears throat)
    I just wanted to say you're a bright young woman with a beautiful "yarnful" of hair... er, "hairful" of yarn. It's...uh...woah. (clears throat) I must go!
    Jessie: Well, aren't you the sweetest space toy I ever met!
    Buster: (barking)
    Slinky: What's that? Bark, bark? Uh...this fellow says he needs to go out back for a little "private time"!
    Jessie: That critter needs help! (jumps on toy car) Yodle-ay-HEEE-HOOO!!!!!
    Buzz: (wings suddenly pop open)

Also, my fav part in 3 is:
    Jessie: turns on Spanish music)
    Buzz: involenterily starts dancing) I...I don't know what came over me!
    Jessie: goo-goo eyes) Just go with it, Buzz!
    (Then, they start doing the Paso Doble to a Spanish version of "You've Got a Friend in Me". Towards the end of the dance, Woody tosses Jessie a rose to catch in her mouth. It's awesome.)

Go to the EBHO threads!!! They need YOU!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I rented Super 8 tonight. I liked it. Was kind of like ET meets Cloverfield, which makes sense considering JJ Abrams & Steven Spielberg collaborated on this movie. I don't get where people were relating it to The Goonies though, other than it centered around a group of kids.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I rented Super 8 tonight. I liked it. Was kind of like ET meets Cloverfield, which makes sense considering JJ Abrams & Steven Spielberg collaborated on this movie. I don't get where people were relating it to The Goonies though, other than it centered around a group of kids.

Pretty much. I often look at Goonies and love that it's a movie starring kids doing their thing and feeling completely natural. I don't remember seeing a movie since then that does it as well. Sure there's Narnia but... really... those were a joke. Then there's Harry Potter but... they're not really doing kid things. Super 8 harkens back to the childlike innocence I remember fondly from Goonies.

And going 180, I watched JACKA$$ 3 -- which made me laugh and made me sick. Crazy guys!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Infinitized!

From my movie collection...
    The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - Good sequel. I enjoy it. But it still bugs me Disney bailed on this franchise.

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader - Good sequel. Here's hoping the other four books make it to the big screen.

The Santa Clause 2 - First time watching this one. Good follow-up. Except everytime I saw the Santa clone on screen, I kept thinking that he should've gone and performed in Primus' Wynona's Big Brown Beaver music video.

• secure all cargo

The Muppet Movie. We were supposed to see The Muppets over the Thanksgiving holiday, but that didn't happen and I don't know when we'll be able to catch it now, so I did the next best thing and found the 1st film on on youtube. I love the Muppets. I still remember seeing it for the first time at one of the last drive-ins in town with my parents. I'm Going To Go Back There Someday is one of my favorite songs of all time any genre. So poignant.

The Great Muppet Caper. I like this better now than I did when I first saw it. As a kid I think a lot of the homages to Hollywood went over my head like the Busby Berkeley tribute for example, in fact I remember as a kid I was bored by that whole scene, but seeing it again after years and years I thought it was hilarious.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Yes, Great Muppet Caper is soooo hilarious. The whole Charles Grodin love interest, the whole part when Kermit told Piggy she was over-acting and hamming it up... lol it's just so clever. I quote the most from The Great Muppet Caper.... especially: "here's the paper towels!" for some odd reason.

Didn't care for the two Narnia sequels. Very boring to me and obnoxious (at least the kid was in the third one). The first one is still my favorite.

I pulled an oldie but goodie out of the collection tonight... FORREST GUMP​. Still really good and got me teary eyed numerous times. The only things that stand out now are the lip syncing of the old presidents and famous people saying things they never said. Especially on John Lennon. woof!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

I watched three musketeers recently, the movie was very interesting and really enjoyable.

I saw Cars 2 and Muppets they are awesome!
    JEANY SANCHEZ

"Beowulf" The CGI is amazing. Nearly all the characters look lifelike. And I liked it that Beowulf is not 100% heroic, that he has flaws and lies about his exploits.
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

• The Darkness to Light

Tintin

My first press screening.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    Tintin

My first press screening.
    Holy schnikies, I saw my first trailer for this flick last night. Looks amazing! Had dismissed it before because I'd seen the books but never thought they were interesting. NOW I'm interested. At least in seeing the movie.

The Muppets - Finally had time to see this last night. Saw it in a theatre with about ten other people, but we laughed out loud several times. To be honest, I was hoping it'd be more entertaining. I didn't expect the story to hammer home so often the cynical times we live in today compared to the era of their hey day. I guess that bummed me out, but kudos to them for embracing it. But it was cute and charming. "Life's a Happy Song" is still playing in my head; time to buy the soundtrack!

A sidenote: The trailers we watched were for Mysterious Island, Tintin, Mirror, Mirror and Miyazaki's new one, The Secret World of Arietty. I've already commented on Tintin. I heard the negative feedback on M,M and now I understand why; Snow White and the Huntsman surprisingly looks so much better! I didn't get into MI at all. But the simple fact that there was a new Miyazaki film coming, followed by seeing the beautiful artwork, literally brought a tear to my eye.

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    Holy schnikies, I saw my first trailer for this flick last night. Looks amazing! Had dismissed it before because I'd seen the books but never thought they were interesting. NOW I'm interested. At least in seeing the movie.
    It's a fun film, and this was my first time being told about these characters. It gives me hope that there will be an Uncharted movie soon if the adventure film is done correctly. Tintin does the adventure film right.

And in 3D, there's a big chase scene in the film that made me feel like I was in the middle of Star Tours or some kind of motion ride. It was a lot of fun.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.