Page 132 of 191 FirstFirst ... 3282107122129130131132133134135142157182 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2858

• Infinitized!

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

From my movie collection...
    The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause - Not as good as the first two. First time watching this one. It seems they ripped the story right out of Nightmare Before Christmas - where someone tries to take over the role of Santa. I did like Martin Short's Jack Frost costume/look. Of course they could continue this series, but who wants to. I acutally found this franchise to be a little strange with the whole killing and taking over the role of Santa story arc.

• Infinitized!

Continuing my holiday movie-thon:
    How The Grinch Stole Christmas (live action) - Weird. Wacky. Fun. It's a Christmas acid trip! I haven't watched the whole thing in a long time - maybe only the second time since its theatrical release

• secure all cargo

Big Trouble In Little China. I can see why it's a cult classic, but personally I'm not sure what to make of it. It's a big mash up of several genres. It's fun watching Kurt Russell play someone inept, and I liked the way the martial arts scenes imitated the kung fu movies from then. But it was a bit too campy in a bad way for me. I grew up in the 80's but missed this one, it's somewhat a product of it's time and perhaps I would have liked it more had I seen it then rather than now 25 years later.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I never liked it either.

HORRIBLE BOSSES -- I really enjoyed this and even had some laugh out loud moments for me. Really fun to see these guys roll with it. And all the movie references too! Loved that there was a Dean Jones / Love Bug reference!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Circle of Ancients

Winnie the Pooh (the new one)

I thought it was very cute. Really brought back the franchise in a glorious way. The folks at Walt Disney Animation should be proud.

• My prices are INSANE!

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy -- For those of you who like their films a bit more meaty, this film might fit the bill.
    If you've read the book then your one step ahead of the crowd.
    If you haven't read the book or watched the British mini-series then you might need a second viewing with this film. Yes, it's that dense.
    The story starts out in the middle of the action so it takes awhile to get oriented to the characters and the situations. And a lot of the film is told in flash backs.

The film is beautifully moody with a great cast and a wonderful performance by Gary Oldman.
    Even if you skip it in the theatre rent it when it's released.
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• MiceChat Moderator

MUPPETS FROM SPACE -- Definitely better than "Muppet Treasure Island" and has fun moments but kinda starts to drag. Seeing it again though, I remembered why I liked it enough to own on DVD. It's a Muppet movie through and through.

But... watching it, Frank Oz's voice was really starting to go and I don't know how he turned down performing in The Muppets. Was it the fart shoes? Because Fozzie is clearly picking his nose in Muppets From Space.

• Infinitized!

From my collection...
    Gremlins - finally opened up my Blu-Ray. A great, dark holiday movie! I haven't seen it in its entirety since the late 80s so there was a little nostalgia factor going on during my viewing. Funny seeing all that fake snow on the Universal Studios backlot.

And a few featurettes on DVD last night...
    A Garfield Christmas - one of my childhood favourites. like to try and watch this one every year.
    Prep and Landing - Great featurette from Disney. Hopefully they will do more 22 to 30 minute long featurettes. Can't wait to see the Prep and Landing sequel, Naughty vs. Nice.
    Shrek the Halls - Another good one. If they don't want to do feature length Shrek movies anymore, Shrek works great as featurettes. Really enjoyed this one and Scared Shrekless.

• Disneyland PAP

Dragon Hunters - I read a review about this Blu-ray release about a year ago and then promptly forgot about it. Then, a new friend in a play I'm working on and I got to talking about animated movies and she recommended this DVD she loaned me. It's the same movie I'd read about and wanted to see. MAN, what a fun and wild movie! It's an independent film about a odd couple of friends (voiced by Forest Whitaker and Rob Paulson with music by Klaus Badelt) and their kooky dog-thing in an inspired fantasy/medieval-esque world who end up paired with a motormouth princess and tasked with seeking and killing a dragon. The humor plays to all ages. Can't wait to finally buy it on Blu and see it in high def.

• Infinitized!

At the theater:
    A Very Harold and Kumar 3D Christmas - What can I say? It's Harold and Kumar! Had a good time. Almost felt stoned from the 3D smoke. Liked the joke about Kal being in the White House.

from my collection...
    Badder Santa - This movie cracks me up everytime I see it. Billy Bob is the perfect messed-up Santa. But it's sad seeing John Ritter and Bernie Mac knowing they're no longer with us.

• Infinitized!

From my collection...
    Scrooged - Father Loves Beaver! Lee Majors with a gattling gun protecting Santa's workshop, and Bob Goulet singing in a swamp, what more could you want? Oh, almost forgot about the Solid Gold Dancers! A holiday staple. I remember seeing this one in the theaters when it first came out. Still cracks me up. "It's like the Manson Family Christmas special" LOL

• My prices are INSANE!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    From my collection...
    Scrooged - Father Loves Beaver! Lee Majors with a gattling gun protecting Santa's workshop, and Bob Goulet singing in a swamp, what more could you want? Oh, almost forgot about the Solid Gold Dancers! A holiday staple. I remember seeing this one in the theaters when it first came out. Still cracks me up. "It's like the Manson Family Christmas special" LOL
    I remember seeing it in the theatre when it was first released with a packed audience.
    People really did start singing along at the end as the credits rolled while Murray made fun of the audience. Great film to see with big audience.
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

I watched TIN TIN 3D movie yesterday. Movie is really awesome. I got 110 minutes thrilling and fun experience yesterday.

• MiceChat Moderator

MISSION:IMPOSSIBLE GHOST PROTOCOL -- From Director Brad Bird (The Incredibles, Ratatouille, The iron Giant) and producer J.J. Abrams (Star Trek, Super 8, Cloverfield) comes a super high-action film that really doesn't let up until it's done. Great action sequences, great performances, great direction, and great score by Michael Giacchino. I was pretty stressed out throughout. I highly recommend it.

Best Mission:Impossible film so far. Also saw it in IMAX and got a free poster. And of course the bonus scene from The Dark Knight Rises that had me at the edge of my seat too. I couldn't understand a word that was exchanged but it was really cool.

Here's the poster if anyone cares to see it. There's a lot of negative space that can only be properly filled with cool autographs in silver sharpie. And from the looks of it, Midnight showing only!

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2011/12/1...***-poster.jpg

• keh!

Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol

loved it! this movie is a lot of fun with plenty of nerve racking action (Dubai). had a great time watching it. it's easily the best of all 4 M:I movies. Brad Bird did a wonderful job.

i also got to see the prologue for The Dark Knight Rises. i couldn't believe what was happening on the screen. it was just so damn awesome, i loved every minute of it. i seriously can't wait for this movie, it's my most anticipated film of 2012.