Page 134 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3484109124131132133134135136137144159184 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2892

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

The problem with MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 2 is that the mission wouldn't be that impossible if they just did it differently. It just seemed like NOTHING was played by the books or fact-checked first. Pretty sure the incident from the plane had enough evidence to take the entire bad guy team down for questioning. It seemed like the hardest part of the mission was getting the girl to do it... and it was only difficult because Tom Cruise and her well.... you know.

WALL-E -- Usually when I get a new action figure I re-watch the movie again for references. And I noticed that I never watched the geeky audio commentary done by the story/animation team. It was pretty entertaining because they REALLY geek out about stuff and the girl in the group was just a gasp at what she's hearing. Pretty funny.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• The Darkness to Light

Had a movie marathon with my Christmas gifts. So I watched...

Thor
    The Hulk (Ed Norton)
    Batman Begins
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Disneyland PAP

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World - The Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood had a screening last night. Joined some friends to check it out. I'd only seen it on television back in the 70's most likely; I was a kid then so I only remembered it had a ton of stars. The movie was a comedy hoot, complete with Intermission, and the print was glorious! I assumed it was a late '60's movie by the look of it and all the stars in it, but my friends told me it debuted in 1963. Anyway, it was a great event movie with a long parade of stars of the decades of the day and before lots of great gags and witty dialogue. Also two actors from the cast, character actor Marvin Kaplan and Barrie Chase who was the bikini girl with Shawn Levy in the film, were there and spoke a bit before the film was screened. From where we sat in the balcony, we could easily see Chase was still in fine shape, but Kaplan in particular shared great memories and compliments about working with Jonathan Winters. Due to some pre-show drama that was shared with us by the theatre managers (Where's Reel 5?) that was fortunately resolved, we also learned about the existence of an advanced Blu-ray copy of this film in the possession of one of the theatre workers. This would be a great flick to add to my library!

• Minion

West Side Story: First time I've seen it. Great music and visuals but I kind of expected a little more.

The Princess Bride: Finally got a chance to see the "cult classic". Dear oh dear...only managed about 30mins before switching it off. Just didn't click.

The Rocketeer: Still a personal favourite. Seems to get better and better with repeat viewings.

Captain America: Wow. Even better than I expected. Great effects (although I wasn't sure on "Skinny Steve") plus a nice dash of humour here and there.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• secure all cargo

Happy New Year everyone!

The Muppets
    . I was surprised to be disappointed. Out of all the winter movies, this was the one I think I was most looking forward to, so I'm even disappointed about being disappointed. It's not that I didn't laugh, I did. It was in a lot of ways very clever. I teared up when they sang Rainbow Connection. I even think in some ways they accomplished what they set out to do. I think my problem was that I just didn't like what they set out to do. The movie is really less "The Muppets" and more like "Walter And The Muppets", or "Walter Saves The Muppets", or "Gary, Mary, Walter, And The Muppets". I actually generally liked Gary, Mary, and Walter, but it felt like their stories were more the focus of the movie whereas I wanted more of the original Muppets. There are 5 or 6 original songs, they were all good songs (especially Man or Muppet), but only 2 of them I recall featured the original Muppets in lead parts, and of those, 1 of them was the duet with Mary and Piggy and they weren't even in the same room together. That bugged me. I get that we're supposed to identify with Walter's desire to bring back less cynical things from the past because there's a genuine need for them, I just felt his journey ended up overshadowing the very thing they meant to bring back. I suppose I just had different expectations going into the movie that I couldn't let go of even by the time the credits rolled.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by 3IAlienKid View Post
    Happy New Year everyone!

The Muppets
    . I was surprised to be disappointed. Out of all the winter movies, this was the one I think I was most looking forward to, so I'm even disappointed about being disappointed. It's not that I didn't laugh, I did. It was in a lot of ways very clever. I teared up when they sang Rainbow Connection. I even think in some ways they accomplished what they set out to do. I think my problem was that I just didn't like what they set out to do. The movie is really less "The Muppets" and more like "Walter And The Muppets", or "Walter Saves The Muppets", or "Gary, Mary, Walter, And The Muppets". I actually generally liked Gary, Mary, and Walter, but it felt like their stories were more the focus of the movie whereas I wanted more of the original Muppets. There are 5 or 6 original songs, they were all good songs (especially Man or Muppet), but only 2 of them I recall featured the original Muppets in lead parts, and of those, 1 of them was the duet with Mary and Piggy and they weren't even in the same room together. That bugged me. I get that we're supposed to identify with Walter's desire to bring back less cynical things from the past because there's a genuine need for them, I just felt his journey ended up overshadowing the very thing they meant to bring back. I suppose I just had different expectations going into the movie that I couldn't let go of even by the time the credits rolled.

I agree with you. The actual movie wasn't the one they advertised in the trailers. I have to say that the trailer folks did a great job in getting me excited for the movie. The end result isn't as "muppets" as I wanted it to be. It was too sentimental after the first act all the way till the end.

I liked it... but can't ever love it.

THE ARTIST -- If you plan on watching this, I advise you..... DO NOT WATCH ANY OF THE TRAILERS OR FEATURETTES on this movie. Basically, while you're watching the 100 minutes, you'll start to put together the entire movie.

BUT... it's very well done. And in case you didn't know already, it's a silent picture about the days of the silent picture. Pretty creative but at the same time very gimmicky. I think I would prefer a talkie... although, the beauty of this picture is that you're not listening to the two leads who are actually French.

A lot of people are screaming OSCARS for this one and I think it has a chance.

• My prices are INSANE!

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo -- This film is intense. I haven't read the novel or seen the Swedish 2009 film version. I went in cold not knowing anything about what I was about to see.
    The director of this version is the same director who brought you the film Seven. That should tell you right off the bat that this film is NOT for the squeamish. There are a few scenes that are shocking and vile to view. But, the story is not to be missed and sets up the possibility of sequels for the following books.

We saw it with people that had seen the Swedish version and said it was pretty much the same thing.

The acting was great the story evolved naturally. The heroine is fascinating, and for 150 minutes your mind does not wander. The cinematography was also beautiful to look at.

We all left the theater energized. But again, not for the timid.
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• Disneyland PAP

Finally replaced my broken PS3 with the slim! Started in on my pile of Blu-rays this weekend.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - Saw this at a drive-in over the summer, which did not offer an optimal viewing experience. So catching it on Blu-ray I now got to see the opening sequence much better (maybe my eyes didn't adjust to the evening light well back then) as well as other dimly lit scenes in the movie. That all said, didn't enjoy the film as much as I wished I had on this viewing. But I'd still like to see a sequel, if only to make Johnny Depp happy and let him play Captain Jack again.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 - I definitely enjoyed this viewing! Sitting back and watching the movie several months after my summer screening of it, I really, really enjoyed it. Gone were my mental analyses of what scenes were cut or altered from the book, and I just had a blast. Best moment in the whole film for me, when Harry tells Ron & Hermione he has to go alone, that he's figured it out, and then Hermione - and I - fall apart!

• MiceChat Moderator

WAR HORSE -- Beautifully shot but... it's hard to find something truly inspiring from it. It's a decent picture but a bit predictable, a bit manipulative, a bit like beating a dead horse. If you like horses though... this is a great film for you. The scenery is definitely impressive.

• Disneyland PAP

^ A friend who saw the Broadway production was so frustrated with the existence of the movie. She said the puppetry of the horses in the play is the entire reason for the show and its success, and that using real horses lost the point of the show. She shared a YouTube video with us to make her point, and now I'm avoiding the movie and hoping to catch the show instead when it arrives at the Ahmansen.

Green Lantern - Yeah, I know. But I keep watching it hoping (in vain) it might get better. Nice to see in HD fwiw.

Batman: Year One & Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (Original & Uncut) - Enjoyed a high def animated Batman double feature last night (since I couldn't find parking at Disneyland!). Not crazy about the voice direction for Batman's voice in Year One, often too flat and stiff imo, but otherwise a solid adaptation. ROTJ was insane! I forgot how good a story it was.

When Harry Left Hogwarts - I forgot to mention this one when I posted earlier about seeing DH Part 2. It's the documentary that's included in the Target exclusive set for Deathly Hallows Blu-ray. Almost an hour in length, I really thought it could've been more...something. You are a fly on the wall during the entire production, and you get to hear from a number of production crew that you don't regularly see in most bonus material. But there was, for lack of a better description, not a lot of drama. It was altogether "interesting" but not fully entertaining for me. By comparison, the "A Conversation with J.K. Rowling and Daniel Radcliffe," which is a standard bonus feature on DH Part 2, was a thousand times more entertaining and enlightening!

• MiceChat Moderator

CRAZY, STUPID, LOVE -- REALLY liked this!

• MiceChat Moderator

THE ADVENTURES OF TINTIN -- Very fun, exciting, polished, adventure film. I kinda see it as a younger Indiana Jones type film. There's a lot of violence and drinking for a PG film but not too crazy. It's very entertaining.

• Disneyland PAP

Thor & Captain America - Wow, as a DC fan, it really hurts to watch these two over again, this time on Blu, and notice even more so just how well done overall these films are compared to Green Lantern. Great job, Marvel!

Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back & Return of the Jedi - Finally cracked open my Complete Saga set to watch these in high def. Seeing Star Wars was the most rewarding; I never ever thought I'd get so excited about seeing so much dirt and oil all over R2 and C-3PO like I'd never seen before! I also geeked out seeing brushstrokes on Vader's helmet, I assume from the lacquer used to help make it appear shiny. After the success of that movie, I laughed at what a dramatic difference there was to Vader's helmet as it appears in Empire. It is as polished as a brand new Porsche LOL! My interest in all things Star Wars had waned since the debut of the prequels, but this Blu-ray set, along with the great bonus features that I'm still getting through, has re-inspired my love of this universe. I also pulled out my DVDs of the original theatrical releases of the original trilogy to watch scenes from Star Wars, the ones that had been later altered by Lucas. Someone I spoke to last night supported the changes, agreeing that George should make the changes to fit his original vision. Seeing the original scenes again, it's like what they lacked in technical prowess (which still looked amazing) they succeeded with their charm and originality. I'm actually looking forward to seeing the prequels now on Blu and then their bonus features after, and then the final disc of new bonus features. I feel like I'm in high school and college again.

• The Darkness to Light

I had an Avengers marathon now that my Amazon X-mas Gift Card was used up. So I watched Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, and Captain America.

Iron Man 2 is on the slate for tonight.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    CRAZY, STUPID, LOVE -- REALLY liked this!
    I got this for Kristi for Xmas sight unseen, and we all REALLY enjoyed it.

Cars 2

I went into this with the lowest of low expectations, and maybe for that reason ... I REALLY liked this. Better than the original IMO. Just a fun movie that shouldn't be taken that seriously.

Go into the movie looking for a fun movie and not looking it to pack as much emotion as Up, Wall-E, Toy Story 3, etc and you probably won't be disappointed.

LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring Extended Edition (Blu Ray)

My first viewing of this on Blu Ray certainly didn't disappoint. Saw some cool things I hadn't seen before and it just looks spectacular on Blu Ray.

A little disappointed that the Appendices aren't also on Blu Ray as I already have them on DVD. Did like the 5th disc with the making of each movie (although again, not in Blu Ray).