Page 135 of 192 FirstFirst ... 3585110125132133134135136137138145160185 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2873

• Goofy

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

i saw mission impossible ghost and the movie was pretty enjoyable and its a decent movie to watch.

after that, saw alvin the third part and it was okay not too good or too horrible either.

• secure all cargo

Teen Wolf. One of my guilty pleasures from the 80's. I always found it funny and touching. The actor who played "Chubby" gives the funniest performance at the end, I like the electronic soundtrack, and I always liked that one scene of the two walking down the sidewalk toward the camera all in one-take.

Tron: Legacy. Seeing it again I think I saw a bit more of what they were trying to say. It's actually has kind of deep themes, things I missed the first time around, probably why they gave it a more somber tone than the first, but not particularly executed well onscreen. Still, it's a pretty good film just for the action and effects.

The Adventures of Tin Tin (3D). Light-hearted fun film. I love the last two action scenes, especially the chase through the town.
    posted by Coheteboy
    I kinda see it as a younger Indiana Jones type film.
    It's really hard to not think of Indiana Jones when you're watching it. One thing I really liked about the movie is that it didn't try to be anything but a 30's & 40's movie serial, it didn't try to explain this to the audience or give the characters more modern sensibilities.

• Infinitized!

Watched a bunch since New Year's weekend, all on Blu...

Horrible Bosses - great comedy. Just watched the theatrical version though, not the other yet.

Bridesmaids - x2 - Theatrical and unrated. Hilarious! Big Bear Sandwich!

GI Joe: Rise of Cobra - First time watching it. Not great, but not as bad as people make it out to be. Thought it captured the feel of the cartoon quite well. Hopefully the sequel this year will improve this franchise.

Die Hard 2 - First time watching it. Yup, I'm a Die Hard virgin, having seen the first one for the first time just before Christmas. Great follow-up, but feeling dated with the effects and tech.

Kingdom of Heaven - Director's Cut - I thoroughly enjoyed the theatrical cut, but this... oh wow is the director's cut so much better as others have said. This is my first time watching this version. It's good and the 3 or so hours go by pretty fast. Why didn't this play at theaters? Damn you Fox! One gripe about the Blu-Ray; no extras? Really? Damn you again Fox! I'll have to hold onto my 2-Disc DVD of the movie, albiet it is the theatrical version.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Watched a bunch since New Year's weekend, all on Blu...

Horrible Bosses - great comedy. Just watched the theatrical version though, not the other yet.

I just about lost it when Kevin Spacey made fun of "gam gam". LOL

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Larry View Post
    The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo -- This film is intense. I haven't read the novel or seen the Swedish 2009 film version. I went in cold not knowing anything about what I was about to see.
    The director of this version is the same director who brought you the film Seven. That should tell you right off the bat that this film is NOT for the squeamish. There are a few scenes that are shocking and vile to view. But, the story is not to be missed and sets up the possibility of sequels for the following books.

We saw it with people that had seen the Swedish version and said it was pretty much the same thing.

The acting was great the story evolved naturally. The heroine is fascinating, and for 150 minutes your mind does not wander. The cinematography was also beautiful to look at.

We all left the theater energized. But again, not for the timid.
    I really liked the Swedish version better. I recommend seeing it to point out some character/scene differences and the story line is the same. I also liked Noomi Rapace better as Lisbeth Salander.

• Disneyland PAP

Star Wars: Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace - Several times before I'd tried to watch this on DVD and couldn't get pass things. But having rewatched the original trilogy on Blu, it's somehow gotten me back to that virgin mindset I had to when I was anticipating seeing The Phantom Menace. Sure the midichlorians stuff it still there, but I kinda was able to let that go and just accept it. And I just enjoyed it for what it was. I'm really surprised!

The Adventures of Tintin - Got a screener of this to watch. I was really surprised by the look of the animation, a delicate, successful choice between cartoon and reality. I'd heard so much about the amount of adventure beforehand on this board and elsewhere. I hadn't read the comic strips before, but the episodic quality is definitely apparent. Agree with the Indiana Jones reference mentioned on this board too. I wasn't super blown away, but at the same, if I'd seen this on Blu instead of DVD, I think my excitement level would be a lot higher. In any case, I'm looking forward to either seeing this at a theatre or on Blu for sure...as well as the sequel.

• My prices are INSANE!

Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    I really liked the Swedish version better. I recommend seeing it to point out some character/scene differences and the story line is the same. I also liked Noomi Rapace better as Lisbeth Salander.
    I was curious about the Swedish version but decided not to see it before watching the current remake. I'll definitely check it out.
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    Star Wars: Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace - Several times before I'd tried to watch this on DVD and couldn't get pass things. But having rewatched the original trilogy on Blu, it's somehow gotten me back to that virgin mindset I had to when I was anticipating seeing The Phantom Menace. Sure the midichlorians stuff it still there, but I kinda was able to let that go and just accept it. And I just enjoyed it for what it was. I'm really surprised!

I'm not surprised that you enjoyed it. I still champion it as the better executed of all the prequels, flaws and all. the flaws in ep1 don't disappear in ep2 and ep3, the get worse.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Cry Baby - This is a creepy, weird movie BUT it has 80's baby face Johnny Depp in it so I gave it a watch. A friend of mine gave it to me for my birthday, but I don't think I'll be watching it again anytime soon.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I just saw War Horse.... Bawled my eyes out.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• MiceChat Moderator

PONYO -- Blu-Ray, Japanese track. Really sweet sweet movie. I love what Miyazaki puts into his films that really don't add to the story but it makes it so much more real. The little detail in movement and animation is so good. I tried listening to the english track and while I like Tina Fey and Liam Neeson, the little Jonas kid just doesn't sound as good as the Japanese boy they had.

• Infinitized!

At the theater...
    The Adventures of Tintin - Really enjoyed it, maybe more than MI: Ghost Protocol and Sherlock Holmes. Good adventure story. Good humor. It does have the Indiana Jones element in there, mixed with a little Hardy Boys and Pirates of the Caribbean as well. Looking forward to two more if Spielberg goes ahead with a trilogy as some news sites have reported.

• secure all cargo

The Last Action Hero. Saw it for the first time and actually really liked it. Kind of Arnold does "The Purple Rose of Cairo." It could have been even better if they'd found a better kid, but otherwise really funny and clever. I can see why no one went to see it, it's more of a feel-good comedy with (for it's time) an odd plot, not really a straight up action movie, didn't meet expectations.

Star Trek. I think there's been time now where I've had long enough to get over my hang-up about them doing an alternate timeline that basically says none of my beloved previous "original crew" films ever occurred, and I was really able to enjoy it for what it is without my baggage getting in the way. Really good film.

• Disneyland PAP

Watched a couple more DVD screeners this weekend.

Rango - Wow, what an amazing flick! I loved the start of it, then I had to keep up with it as it went along. I had no idea what to expect and it was definitely something out of the norm, not a typical children's flick. Maybe Coraline on creative steroids. Anyway, the animation blew me away too. Seeing this right after Tintin, I realize now how neat it is for terrific directors like, Spielberg, Jackson and Verbanski to design animated worlds using the tools they're so familiar with, i.e. computer graphics.

Puss in Boots - I never really loved the Shrek films, only seeing the first two and giving up after that. But I really enjoyed this one. I didn't enjoy as much as I'd hoped, after all the praise it received. But as a guy living with two cats, there was a lot of really funny cat bits in there!

• Mrs. J. Depp

Bridesmaids - Holy smokes I don't think I've ever laughed so hard!! What a crazy, wildly inappropriate, yet hilarious movie. Only Judd Apatow...haha

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!