Page 141 of 191 FirstFirst ... 4191116131138139140141142143144151166 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2862

• secure all cargo

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Dumbo. I watched it with my kids who were seeing it for the first time. For me, still has probably the most effortless story telling of any of the Walt era films. It just flows from one scene to the next.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Just before writing this I was reading another thread where some are saying John Carter is going to be the next Prince of Persia. Anyway, I just saw this for the first time. I liked it. It had the feel of an old swashbuckling adventure movie with modern effects and action choreography. The whole turn-back-time thing was lame if you think too hard about it, it was always in the back of my mind that if something real bad happens or someone dies then they'll just write into the story a way for them to get more sand in the dagger, and that's pretty much what they did in the end. But for some reason I was able to just go with it anyway and enjoyed it.

• Senior Minion

Watched 'Ghost Rider' the other day, against my better judgement. All I have to say is COME ON! ... Ghost Rider peeing fire ... REALLY? The only positive about that whole experience is that I didn't have to pay for my ticket.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    Watched 'Ghost Rider' the other day, against my better judgement. All I have to say is COME ON! ... Ghost Rider peeing fire ... REALLY? The only positive about that whole experience is that I didn't have to pay for my ticket.

Peeing fire is stupid. The fire is supposed to be his pubes.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• The Darkness to Light

Arrietty.

I cried. Twice. The art was just so beautiful, and that Celtic singer at the beginning set the mood so well.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Disneyland PAP

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance - My friends and I hated the first one, so I was shocked that a couple of them wanted to see this one. In 3D no less! So, just for the pleasure of their company, I joined them, with expectations down below Hell if that's possible. As it turned out, it wasn't as bad as I thought. Btw, thanks, TikiRoomLiz, for the heads on the pee of fire. Again, I had low expectations about that too, and was glad the scene only lasted a brief moment. One of my friends noticed there were more scenes referencing peeing in the movie, wth? Also, it was interesting seeing this 3D movie after seeing The Phantom Menace in 3D. GR in Real 3D was, well, real compared to the whimpy 3D in TPM.

• Goofy

secret world of arriety. its a good movie. love the part how crazy grand ma gets lol.

the vows what a good movie that was.

• keh!

The Secret World of Arrietty

absolutely LOVED it! if you enjoy other films by Studio Ghibli, you'll definitely like this one. the art work is incredible! the backgrounds are probably some of the best (along with Spirited Away) that Ghibli has done, topped with beautiful animation. i liked the calm pacing this film has, kind of like Totoro, but not so simplistic. and the attention to detail is so pleasing to the eye. i love when Ghibli does things such as show bugs crawl, rain drops hitting the floor, the behavior of water; just to add some atmosphere.

• -

Just watched Thor again this weekend on my iPad while on a road trip (no I wasn't driving). What an awesome movie. Marvel really did a good job with this one. He was always one of my least favorite characters, but now I can't wait to see him in the Avengers.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Infinitized!

On Blu-Ray:
    First Blood
    Rambo: First Blood Part II
    Rambo III

Rambo Extended Edition (a.k.a. "John Rambo")

Felt like a Rambo maraton. The first is the best. Two and three are good popcorn flicks. The 4th is the most bloodiest/brutal of the four.

It's too bad they demolished the old Rambo bridge (from the first movie) in Hope last summer. I drove over that one numerous times, but the DFO deemed it an environmental hazard as the creosote beams were leaching into the river, hence the tear-down and a new concrete bridge being built beside it.

I have to rank the movies like this:
    1. First Blood
    2. Rambo
    3. Rambo: First Blood Part II
    4. Rambo III

Time to send Rambo on another mission? Maybe to Syria?

• MiceChat Moderator

50/50 -- Such a great movie that deals with cancer in a delicate but approachable way. And it made me cry.

• MiceChat Moderator

THE SECRET WORLD OF ARRIETTY -- It didn't quite win me over as much as it did you guys. I thought it was a nice little film with gorgeous animation, but it kind of does lack a lot of the charm that many of the previous films have. Or maybe that's because it isn't directed by Hayao Miyazaki himself. Or maybe it's the English dub, which for Arrietty was spot on. I don't know about Will "grunts a lot" Arnett or the voice of Shawn. It really moved a bit too slowly for me I think because not a whole lot happens. I look forward to seeing this again in Japanese though.

• Circle of Ancients

The Artist

Totally loved it and totally understand why it's getting all the accolades it's getting. It was funny, well acted and had an awesome story.

I totally get why Berenice Bejo is getting so many accolades for the movie. She was great, and totally hot. I didn't realize it was the same person who was in A Knights Tale (with Heath Ledger)

Only have a few more movies to watch before Sunday.

• Circle of Ancients

War Horse

It was good ... not sure if it was "Best Picture" good, but I did enjoy it. Some parts were hard to watch, but overall it was very well done.

Just seemed to me that it was one of those movies that was made for the Oscars, not because it was something screaming to be made into a movie. Probably my least favorite of the nominated movies (still have a couple more to watch tomorrow).

3 1/2 out of 5 Stars

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    War Horse

It was good ... not sure if it was "Best Picture" good, but I did enjoy it. Some parts were hard to watch, but overall it was very well done.

Just seemed to me that it was one of those movies that was made for the Oscars, not because it was something screaming to be made into a movie. Probably my least favorite of the nominated movies (still have a couple more to watch tomorrow).

3 1/2 out of 5 Stars

I agree that it's not "Best Picture" good but it was certainly expertly crafted. But were you as disgusted with the last shot as much as I was? The colors were just way too weird.

FREAKY FRIDAY -- No, not the recent Lindsay Lohan one... the original Jodie Foster one! I grew up watching this one and it was a favorite. But I seriously haven't seen it since my elementary school days! So I rented it and it was my first time viewing it widescreen. It doesn't make that much of a difference but it was cool to see.

Seeing it again, it is a bit awkward and clumsy at parts but has many great moments, especially the car chase towards the end. Made me laugh out loud all over again.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I agree that it's not "Best Picture" good but it was certainly expertly crafted. But were you as disgusted with the last shot as much as I was? The colors were just way too weird.
    YES!!! It was very "Gone with the Wind" ...

And I agree, the movie was indeed expertly crafted.