Page 142 of 192 FirstFirst ... 4292117132139140141142143144145152167 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2869

• Infinitized!

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

On Blu-Ray from my collection:
    The Lord of the Rings Extended Edition - All three movies... covering about 12 hours! Actually, I watched them over a 6-day period. Great movies. Hopefully The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey sweeps the Oscars next year.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

JOHN CARTER - grand visual touches of David Lean's 'Lawrence of Arabia' and John Ford's 'The Searchers' abound dovetailing around the wonderful story, cast, production & creature designs, score and direction. Huge treat in IMAX 3D too!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

JOHN CARTER -- Andrew Stanton has often defended the title missing "Of Mars" and now that I've seen it, I get it. I may not totally agree with it but I'm satisfied. Overall, this is a great sci-fi picture and deserving a better ad campaign than Disney gave it. It's the closest thing to a live-action Pixar film you're going to get right now so sit back and enjoy the ride... because it is an intense ride. The score by Michael Giacchino is also excellent.

This is the most epic movie I've seen since Mission:Impossible Ghost Protocol and I'll gladly see it again. It's not without some flaws but they are very, very few... and may just require a second viewing to answer the questions I had.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Infinitized!

On Blu-Ray from my collection:
    To Kill a Mockingbird - good movie. I've been getting into the classics as lately I've felt a CGI effects overload.

• Goofy

to kill a mockingbird is a great movie it reminds me of watching that in high school lol. still, it is very enjoyable to watch.

• My prices are INSANE!

Just re-watched Bullitt. The ultimate cool movie.
    When I grow up I want to be Steve McQueen.
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• secure all cargo

Ghost In The Shell. It's a bit difficult to follow, but the scope of it's story is very ambitious. It's easy to see where the Wachowski's got their inspiration. It's very visually stunning, it's less exploitative and violent, and more thoughtful and atmospheric than the limited other bits of anime I've been exposed to.

Sonatine. The mobsters have these terribly violent moments, but it takes an interesting turn when they essentially become bored with nothing to do leading to some oddly touching comedic moments between characters. Scorsese doesn't treat his mobsters with this style of affection. There are a lot of shots that linger on the characters sitting still and saying nothing for several seconds, which is probably some kabuki thing, but it reminded me more of some quirky American independent film like say Broken Flowers or something by Wes Anderson. Good movie. I like Takeshi Kitano.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• MiceChat Moderator

THE BRAVE LITTLE TOASTER -- Dislike! Animation was sloppy and it was kind of an annoying premise. I guess it was great for the animators to learn from but it's definitely for the kiddies.

Just watched The Naked Jungle (1954) -- man, I love those ants!

• keh!

Lars and the Real Girl

very awkward subject and of course the situations are weird at times, but it has an innocent quality about it. i spent most of the time feeling bad for Ryan Gosling's character. it was also nice to see the characters support him. so i guess i liked it, not sure, lol.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    Lars and the Real Girl

very awkward subject and of course the situations are weird at times, but it has an innocent quality about it. i spent most of the time feeling bad for Ryan Gosling's character. it was also nice to see the characters support him. so i guess i liked it, not sure, lol.

It was too creepy for me personally.

• Circle of Ancients

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

It was on TV the other day so I just has to stop and watch. No shame in that.

I will say though, watching the beginning with "Young Indy" I couldn't help but be sad that the extremely talented River Phoenix left us too early. And I'm probably going to a bad place for saying it ... how is it he's gone and we are stuck with Lindsay Lohan? Just isn't fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    THE BRAVE LITTLE TOASTER -- Dislike! Animation was sloppy and it was kind of an annoying premise. I guess it was great for the animators to learn from but it's definitely for the kiddies.
    That was one of my favorite kid movies!

"The Greatest Movie Ever Sold"

Interesting idea, but I don't think the movie flowed well enough. I still did enjoy it.

• secure all cargo

Ponyo. My daughter saw Arrietty the other day, and since I don't know I'll get to see it soon, I thought I'd check out these others instead. I've only seen Miyazaki once, it was a dubbed version of Princess Mononoke, and I actually didn't like it. No matter how good the dub, it just took me out of the film (seems a double standard that I can enjoy a dubbed Bruce Lee movie any day, but there it is). Anyway, Ponyo is a really beautiful story with striking images. The opening scene is just so full of awe and wonder, it just pulled me in. It was a little unsettling seeing how the tsunami aftermath was portrayed in a somewhat light way, given what happened there a year ago, but I just went with it anyway.

Spirited Away. This is a great film, just loved it. How does he think up these things? The whole spirit universe he creates with the various gods inhabiting it, the spells, the train running through the water, the dust balls carrying coal, the paper birds, the three bouncing head guys. Perhaps the seeds for these ideas are more common in Japan, but still. I will have to put more Miyazaki in my queue.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• MiceChat Moderator

Spirited Away, Ponyo, Princess Mononoke are great films. I also like Kiki's Delivery Service, My Neighbor Totoro, and I like a lot of Howl's Moving Castle even though it's a bit weird.