Page 144 of 192 FirstFirst ... 4494119134141142143144145146147154169 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2880

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

1969's classic Marooned. Three astronauts can't return to Earth because their retro rocket won't fire and they have only 42 hours of air left. NASA helped a great deal on this film and it shows. This movie was based on the Skylab mission that actually took place four years later. This movie could've happened for real. In fact, I don't regard this as Sci-Fi, but as a straight drama that happened to take place in low Earth orbit. All-star cast includes Gregory Peck, Gene Hackman, Richard Crenna, James Franciscus, David Janssen and Mariette Hartley. Won Oscar for special effects. There is genuine tension and drama as NASA tries to get the astronauts down and there is a full-fledged hurricane.

I taped this from Turner Classic and Robert Osbourne said it cost nine million bucks to make, 2001: A Space Odyssey cost ten million.
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    Me loves this movie. I didn't know it was on Blu-Ray.
    It's not on Blu-Ray unfortunately. I just said it should get a Blu-Ray release. If Babes in Toyland is getting a Blu release later this year, I hope this one does eventually.

• Disneyland PAP

It's been a while since I've been back here. Here's some of the flicks I've seen since my last visit.

Newsies - Had never seen it. Was curious because Kenny ("High School Musical") Ortega directed it, Christian Bale stars in it, and it's now on Broadway. Neat history lesson but not that great a film. Bale is certainly not a dancer, but it's interesting to see where Ortega started before doing HSM.

Bedknobs and Broomsticks - Another one I hadn't seen before. My friends named our scavenger hunt team after the island in it. Thought I should watch the movie and appreciate our team's origin. Hmm...this one is definitely a film of its era, the Seventies, in terms of the traveling visual effects. I had a hard time with the older boy's attitude and the animation is so of-that-era as well. But now I know where "Naboombu" comes from!

Justice League: Doom - The latest DC Universe direct-to-video release animated movie is amazing! Very different from past releases; this one's story isn't as formulaic. It does wrap up a little too quickly (the heroes have to win after all, even if you only have five minutes to do it in), but the lead up to the finale is well done, sly and crafty!

John Carter - Watched it in standard projection. Thought the pacing was really slow and draggy in the first half. The cast and visuals were all great tho'. Would really like to see sequels, but I'm losing hope after this past weekend's poor US box office and all the negative press that part of the story is getting.

TRON: Legacy - A rumor from the screenwriters to TRON 3 inspired me to watch this again. You know, now that I know what all the clues are to look for in the script, I had a much better time enjoying the film. Not a great sign for a movie, I know, (or me) but there you go.

• Infinitized!

On Blu-Ray:
    The Muppets - What can I say? I got this stuck in my head now...

Great movie! Lots of fun. Hope they make more.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    It's not on Blu-Ray unfortunately. I just said it should get a Blu-Ray release. If Babes in Toyland is getting a Blu release later this year, I hope this one does eventually.
    All I saw was Blu Ray on your comment and got excited too soon. lol I also love Babes in Toyland. I recently purchased The Godfather collection on Blu Ray. Another classic collection that's a must see.

• Goofy

hugo what a good movie that was.

• Infinitized!

On Blu-Ray:
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011- English version with Daniel Craig) Great movie! I missed it in the theater and I did not see the originals, nor read the books. This was a blind buy for me. The beginning credits felt very James Bond-ish. Looking forward to the next two if they get greenlit.

• Circle of Ancients

^ My favorite movie from last year.

• Disneyland PAP

The Hunger Games - I read the book a couple of months ago, out of curiosity. Enjoyed it. Got out of the movie about half an hour ago. The movie was two hours and twenty-two minutes of tension, and that's a great thing. Jennifer Lawrence is perfect as Katniss. Not only does she play her well, but the fact that she isn't some glammed up supermodel type but looks like she comes from that world adds to accepting her and relating to her. Loved it! Now to read the other two books.

• Circle of Ancients

^ Going to see it this afternoon. Heard nothing but good things so far.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

The Hunger Games - a wonderful translation of the novel. While there were a few minor quibbles about the way things were handled, overall it kept the tone and excitement of the books. Can't wait for the next one! Hopefully it keeps up to the same standard.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Goofy

21st jumper, what a hilariou movie that was. lol deep was in that scene too. great movie that i saw it twice.

• Circle of Ancients

Over the weekend:

Hunger Games

One of the better book adaptations I've seen. Sure, there were a couple of things left out of the books, but overall I thought it was very faithful to the book and a very good movie for anybody who hasn't read the books.

21 Jump Street

Absolutely hilarious. One of the better "Action Comedy's" I've seen in awhile. Go see it!!!

Casa De Mi Padre

Can't believe I wasted 2 hours on this thing. Had a couple of "funny" parts, but once you get over the fact that it's Will Ferrel speaking spanish (which is funny in itself for the first 5 minutes) it just turns out to be a stupid movie.

The Great Race, starring Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon in a dual role, and the impossibly sexy Natalie Wood.
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

• secure all cargo

Train Man: Densha Otoko. I've seen the Japanese TV drama that shares the same alleged true story as this film, and I really liked the story so I thought I'd check out the film. It's about a nerd who meets a girl on a train after saving her from a drunk guy, walks away thinking he'll never see her again, he goes online and starts a thread to tell what happened and how that's as good as it's gonna get for him, but she actually sends him a gift to thank him and he goes back to the thread and ends up getting advice on how to ask her out, get a makeover, what to do and say on 1st date, etc. In real life the thread had nearly 30,000 posts, but no one ever came forward to say he was the Train Man. Anyway, its such an interesting commentary on how relationships exist in society today, and how paradoxical that it takes faceless online friends that Train Man has never met to encourage him to get the courage to step out away from his computer and into real life, or maybe it's online relationships that are becoming a part of real life. At times the character is frustrating because he has these really wimpy moments he has to grow out of, but the performance is better than the TV actor (though overall I prefer the TV version).
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.