Page 146 of 195 FirstFirst ... 4696121136143144145146147148149156171 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2922

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

The clone wars series are always fun... but it also makes Episode II and III even harder to sit through.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Moderator

JIRO DREAMS OF SUSHI -- I love sushi so a documentary about a sushi chef in Tokyo, Japan was right up my alley. Jiro is 85 and still going strong. There's some life lessons and a fascinating look behind the scenes of running a sushi restaurant.... just make sure you don't go in with an empty stomach.

• keh!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    JIRO DREAMS OF SUSHI -- I love sushi so a documentary about a sushi chef in Tokyo, Japan was right up my alley. Jiro is 85 and still going strong. There's some life lessons and a fascinating look behind the scenes of running a sushi restaurant.... just make sure you don't go in with an empty stomach.
    I'm really interested in seeing that documentary. I almost saw that one instead of Bully last week, and I probably should have. Could have done with out Bully, bleh.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    I'm really interested in seeing that documentary. I almost saw that one instead of Bully last week, and I probably should have. Could have done with out Bully, bleh.

Jiro isn't the best documentary but a lot of what you see in that film is something that cannot be expressed with the written word. A lot of it is purely visual, seeing the chefs "cooking rice with more pressure than anyone else" or "massaging an octopus". These are things that I took away from the film more than anything.

I'm trying to find a theater that has Morgan Spurlock's COMIC-CON: EPISODE IV BLAH BLAH BLAH but it's really though!

• Goofy

american reunion. what a funny enjoyable movie witht that was. i wonder if my high school reunion will be anything like that. brings back the nostalgia american pie movies lol.

• keh!

American Reunion

i enjoyed it. some funny stuff, not the greatest comedy. but very American Pie-ish. i went into this feeling like i did with Scream 4. i sat through this better than Scream 4, lol.

• Goofy

lol.

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    The clone wars series are always fun... but it also makes Episode II and III even harder to sit through.
    LOL! I hear ya.

The Ten Commandments (1956) - I'd bought this Blu-ray gift set a year ago but only made the time this week to finally watch it. It has easily been some two decades since I last watched this film, and it had always been when ABC aired it at Easter. So I never knew that some guy (whom I later learned to be Cecil B. DeMille himself) introduced the film at the top of the original full-length feature. From there, it was a grand, colorfully vibrant spectacle of a movie that entertained me. Seeing it now with more of a critical adult eye, Anne Baxter's performance did stand out as a lot bigger and over-the-top than I'd realized, but seeing Heston's earnestness and Yul Brenner's charisma just demand your attention was a lot of fun. I watched a long shot of the exodus, and my jaw dropped and hit the floor. Today a crowd scene like that would be 100% CG but DeMille had no computers! Amazing.

The Ten Commandments (1923) - Then afterwards, I eagerly popped in this black and white silent version that DeMille directed. I assumed as everyone does that the entire movie depicts the biblical events, but it doesn't. Only about the first hour is that, from Moses returning to confront Rameses II through to the throwing of the tablets at the base of Mt. Sinai. After that, the rest of the hour and fifteen minutes is a story set in present day, of a devout Christian mother's son learning the consequences of not heeding the laws of the Ten Commandments. It's a heavy-handed morality play that's interesting to view as an example of dramatic storytelling through a silent movie from the era. Also interesting is how very similar in script and actual filming of scenes the black and white version of the biblical "prologue" portion is to DeMille's color version remake done thrity years later. This tale is obviously one that's close to DeMille's heart. And the scope DeMille had for the biblical scenes that were shot at the Guadalupe Dunes (where coincidentally I lived as a child) was just as tremendous as his future remake, albeit on a smaller budget. But the sets were huge (and again very similar in layout and make up as was done in the '56 version) and he had hundreds if not thousands of extras for the exodus and Rameses II army for the wide shots. Again, amazing.

So true of both films, "they don't make them like this anymore."
    Last edited by Gone2Disneyland; 04-08-2012 at 10:34 PM. Reason: fixed my math boo boo

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'The Avengers' - wonderfully realized, pure fun, Whedon-esque humor in spades, all of the characters have more than their share of great moments and moments of greatness. Makes Disney's purchase of Marvel seem like a pretty good expenditure.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat Moderator

THE AVENGERS -- The most satisfying action film I've seen in such a long time. Perfect balance of everything + humor is incredibly difficult and this one pulls it off so easily. Loved it loved it loved it. Geek out moments a plenty!

• Circle of Ancients

^ Awesome!!! Can't wait.

Adventures of TinTin

Pretty much what I expected, it was pretty entertaining.

Titanic in IMAX 3D. Simply an amazing experience on the biggest of the big screens. When the aft end of the ship crashes down onto people in the water, you don't just see it, you feel it. IMAX 3D is the best of the 3D formats; I didn't get a headache or eyestrain at all in a three-hour film. I could easily watch the entire Marvel movie marathon if it's in IMAX 3D.

There is an interesting conundrum: If the main body of the film is a story told by old Rose, how could there be sections in the story that Rose did not witness? For example, how could Rose have known how the captain died if she didn't witness it?

Even though I liked the movie, (and I've seen it several times) I didn't love it and I think L.A. Confidential deseved Best Picture of 1997. So I give Titanic 3 stars out of 4.
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Not My Real Name View Post
    Even though I liked the movie, (and I've seen it several times) I didn't love it and I think L.A. Confidential deseved Best Picture of 1997. So I give Titanic 3 stars out of 4.

Totally agree.

• Goofy

three stooges. what a funny movie it turned to be i was expecting not that much. it sso very enjoyable.too bad it did not do well at the box office though.

• Infinitized!

Both on Blu-Ray from my collection:
    The Bridge on the River Kwai - Wanted to see this one for a long time. Finally picked it up. Very good film. Knew the bridge gets blown-up at the end but quite the outcome for the main characters.

Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol - lots of fun. Can't wait for M:I 5. After recently watching all 4, definitely 3 and 4 are the best in the series.