Page 147 of 192 FirstFirst ... 4797122137144145146147148149150157172 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 2875

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

THE HELP -- Had this in the queue for MONTHS at the very top but didn't get it until now, way after the Oscars are over. Still, I was entertained, disgusted, and impressed at how the film was handled. Now, I'm SURE that the book is better. I dont' care. I didn't read it. Watching the making of, it was fascinating how this film even got made. Really interesting and satisfying to know that everyone behind it, from the author of the book to the director to Octavia Spencer and Alison Janney were already good friends prior to the book being written.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Minion

Double Feature

Blue Like Jazz & Wrath of the Titans.

Wrath of the Titans & Liam Nesson... NEED I SAY MORE? :d

"At the Mouth of Madness"

Awesome, just finished John Carpenter's apocolyptic trilogy.
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

• Disneyland PAP

Buck Privates - Big Abbott and Costello fan here! So I splurged on their new Blu-ray release that came out this week. Disappointed that there's just one bonus feature about A&C, which is something I already have on their Complete Universal Collection set. But the digibook packaging's better than expected and the video restoration's very good (not great), better than the previous DVD release. And most importantly, the film still makes me laugh out loud!

• Circle of Ancients

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol

I thought it was good, certainly the best Mission Impossible since the original, but I still think the original is the best. Not sure what it is about the Mission Impossible movies that always leaves me wanting for more.

Spoiler
    I wish they would have explored the issues Jeremy Renner's character was having with his supposed Guilt over the death of Ethan's wife other than a 2 minute scene.

But other than that, it was enjoyable eye candy.

• Infinitized!

On Blu-Ray from my collection:
    The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Haven't seen this one yet. I thought it was fun. It was Men in Black, Mars Attacks!, and Red Dwarf all rolled into one. Sam Rockwell cracked me up in this one.

Clash of the Titans - (2010) I guess I'm one of the few that liked this one. I still do. Fun movie.

At the theater:
    Wrath of the Titans 3D - I thought it was great. Zeus and Hades were more bada** in this one. Kronos was cool. The 3D was a lot better in this one. There's a couple places where it made me jump in my seat such as the Chimera's tail and the lava flying off of Kronos. The only thing I didn't get was Bubo's cameo. Why have him in this one when he already had a cameo in the first one? Maybe if they do a third, give him an actual role? Overall I thought it was a fun movie. Will be picking it up when it hits Blu.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol

I thought it was good, certainly the best Mission Impossible since the original, but I still think the original is the best. Not sure what it is about the Mission Impossible movies that always leaves me wanting for more.

Spoiler
    I wish they would have explored the issues Jeremy Renner's character was having with his supposed Guilt over the death of Ethan's wife other than a 2 minute scene.

But other than that, it was enjoyable eye candy.
    I will never forgive Brian de Palma for claiming that a helicopter could fly down the Channel Tunnel.
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

• Circle of Ancients

^ Yeah, that was the only part about the original I didn't care for. And that Phelps was the bad guy.

• "Always On The Move..."

The original Rollerball. Being a HUGE Roller Derby fan this "extreme roller derby" film was right up my alley. Hadn't seen it since it originally came out in theaters. One of my friends did the costume and used to roller skate up and down the halls of the hotels at science fiction conventions. HATED the remake. They just ruined it. But it was so good to see the original again.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

I, Robot with Will Smith. Enjoyable action flick that also makes you wonder if having robots everywhere is a good idea and what Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics really mean when carried out to their logical conclusion. Other than that, it it bears almost no resemblance to its source material, so I can't go above 2 1/2 stars out of four.
    Harlan Ellison

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

• My prices are INSANE!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Sam Rockwell cracked me up in this one.
    He plays a great Zaphod Beeblebrox.
    "Buttons aren't toys!"
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• Disneyland PAP

Comin' Round the Mountain & Lost in Alaska - Two more Abbott & Costello movies from my Universal boxed set. After this, I'm finally on the last four movies on the final disc of the set.

Iron Man - Tryin' to see I can get through the first five Marvel Studios movies before I see The Avengers this Thursday night. So far, so good. And it was great that I'd forgotten so much of it, seeing it again was a blast.

• -

Raiders of the Lost Ark - The original and still the best.

Captain America - Finally got it on Bluray so I had to check it out. This was the first time I saw it since I watched it in the theater. Still a great movie.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I prefer Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Harrison Ford and Sean Connery made a great team. Raiders is a close second. Then comes Crystal Skull and then Temple of Doom as a distant fourth (How did that cauldron of water manage to flood that entire mine and how did the water get past the section with the molten lava? I mean, that cauldron was smaller than an olympic swimming pool.).
    Harlan Ellison

• Circle of Ancients

Columbiana

Very cool concept, and how HOT is Zoe Saldana. That said, I felt it could have been MUCH better than it actually was.

Also started "The Avengers" marathon over the weekend.

Hulk

I know this isn't "technically" required viewing as a part of "The Avengers" movies, but I hadn't watched it in awhile. I actually enjoy this one more than most. I find it pretty underrated.

Iron Man

Still a pretty awesome movie. Just recently upgraded this to Blu Ray and it looks spectacular.

The Incredible Hulk

I did like this version as well, although there was a LOT of re-tread from the earlier Ang Lee version, apparently trying to distance "The Avengers" from that movie. I felt that was a mistake in the end but still a pretty enjoyable movie.

Will be finishing up the week with Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America before we see The Avengers (most likely) on Sunday.