Page 148 of 190 FirstFirst ... 4898123138145146147148149150151158173 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2840

• Disneyland PAP

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Quote Originally Posted by Not My Real Name View Post
    I prefer Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Harrison Ford and Sean Connery made a great team. Raiders is a close second. Then comes Crystal Skull and then Temple of Doom as a distant fourth (How did that cauldron of water manage to flood that entire mine and how did the water get past the section with the molten lava? I mean, that cauldron was smaller than an olympic swimming pool.).
    When it comes to Temple of Doom, I gave up after they survived the fall of the inflatable raft. Ironically tho', it's that scene that lets me "forgive" the refrigerator scene in Crystal Skull. I mean if they let the inflatable raft "work" the first time, why shouldn't a lead-lined fridge? As for my ranking, I'd have to switch Raiders and Last Crusade if only 'cause we would never have gotten the latter without the former's release, and Raiders has a lot of changing tones to it from creepy horror to suspense to comedy to romance to adventure. I have to admire that.

The Incredible Hulk & Iron Man 2 - Double featured my installments tonight in my continuing Marvel Movies screenings. The finale in TIH is the best part of the whole movie...realized tonight that it has a great, classic Godzilla feeling to it. Enjoyed IM2 less this time out. The story didn't flow as well as the first one did. Didn't bother me on previous viewings. But Black Widow's action sequence rocked! And both of Favreau's scenes with her - in the boxing ring and the drive to Hammer Industries leading to the break-in - are hilarious!

• secure all cargo

The Hunger Games. My wife saw this, loved it, read all 3 books, and then took me to see it for the first time. I wasn't really planning to see it myself but I thought it was pretty good. All the performances were great and while I didn't like Jennifer Lawrence in X-Men I thought she was great here. One thing I was waiting for was more social commentary from the characters themselves, but they went through the film more as if they accepted the general way things were, which I suppose is more realistic. And maybe they're saving that stuff for the next two movies anyway.

Drive. Really good. Very stylish and moody. They mention a lot about Albert Brooks and Ryan Gosling who were really great, but I also really liked Carey Mulligan, I thought she gave a lot of depth to a role that might have been otherwise ordinary. I also really liked 80's sounding music, somehow it just fit the whole feeling of the movie.

Kindergarten Cop. Haven't seen this in years and it was on TV the other night. It's a really sweet movie. I guess the level of violence and the portrayal of that one character that's a drug user are really at odds with the rest of the movie, but it did make it exciting, and I imagine the filmmakers figured people would have expected no less from a Schwarzenegger film. I guess when you get him in something like Junior where there's no action, then no one goes to see it, even if that was a pretty good film too.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

DID SOMEONE JUST RANK TEMPLE OF DOOM LAST?! RAWRRRR HULK SMASH!!!!!

Temple of Doom is my FAVORITE. It's not the BEST. It's my favorite. Maybe because I was at that age where everything in the movies was shaping me and this movie was just mind blowingly funny, scary, action-packed, great music, all in one. And I identified with Short Round. I always wanted to go along with Indiana Jones' adventures after that. Crystal Skull is just... oy. So disappointing in every level.

SirClinksalot, I'm with you. I enjoyed most of Ang Lee's Hulk and wasn't as big of a fan of Incredible Hulk. It felt so pedestrian.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Circle of Ancients

^ Temple of Doom is my 2nd favorite of the Indy movies, but it's more like if "Raiders" is a 5.0, Temple of Doom is 4.9.9 (and Last Crusade would be 4.9.8). It's always so hard for me to rank the movies because they were such a HUGE part of my youth.

Everything you said about Temple of Doom was spot on (well, except for me wishing I was short round ... I see how you went there, I couldn't have ).

There are a few movies that I will always love no matter how old I am just because of the way they were such a big part of my growing up. Star Wars IV, V, VI, Indy, Goonies to name a few.

• I'd rather be @ D-land

Being the mom of an 8 year old girlie-girl, I haven't seen many superhero movies. I just saw "THOR" at the suggestion of my sister.... (actually, she just said, "I have two words for you, Chris Hemsworth") I am now a superhero fan... looking forward to Avengers.
    Sue B

Math Geek of Randomness

Wow. Look at what I started.
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

• MiceChat Moderator

IRON MAN 2 -- Such a bad story but with great great elements and moments. It felt rushed, it felt totally unrealistic (it's all in the details) and had the most unbelievable villains on the big screen in a really long time. (this was before Green Lantern). But again, this has necessary moments leading up to Avengers so I still enjoyed myself. And my God, Scarlett looks so much better with the long hair.

• Infinitized!

On Blu-Ray:
    War Horse - very nice film. Might be slow in some parts for some people but still good. I t acutally does not feel like a Spielberg flick at all.

At the theater:
    Chimpanzee - another great entry in the Disneynature line. Lots of great footage.

• MiceChat Moderator

HULK -- I felt like I needed to revisit it as well. It's a shame... it gets things right and it gets a lot of things wrong. After seeing The Avengers, Hulk's character design stands out even more and it's just really weird. I really wish they didn't spend so much time dwelling into the past of Bruce Banner's dad... and Nick Nolte just creeps me out the entire time.

Dale and Tucker vs. Evil!

Great horror-comedy flick. Hot babes, gore, and comedy, it doesn't get any better!
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

The first four Tarzan movies that starred Johnny Weismuller and Maureen O'Sullivan, available on a DVD collection from TCM.

Tarzan the Ape Man (1932) was the first, and was as raw and primitive as Tarzan himself. Shocking scenes of white men whipping their native bearers to make them go. These scenes do not appear in any other Tarzan movie made by MGM. I bet someone complained about the first movie. There is no music in MGM Tarzans except for brief thirty-second bits played over the opening credits. Featuring Neil Hamilton, who became famous many years later as Commissioner Gordan in the Batman TV series.

Tarzan and His Mate (1934) Notorious for the surprising amount of nudity for a mainstream Hollywood film. One man is obviously naked when he sits in a bathtub. Much more famous is Jane's skinny-dipping sequence with Tarzan who keeps his loincloth on. The nudity is underwater, but contrary to the popular belief, it is NOT Maureen O'Sullivan swimming in the buff, it is Olympic swimmer Josephine McKim, (according to www.imdb.com) This is the only Tarzan movie featuring Jane's infamous two piece costume, which looks more brief than a Sports Illustrated swimsuit.

There is much more to the story than this; it is basicly about two men who both want ivory and for Jane to come back to England which Jane strongly refuses to do.

One knock against this film is that some action sequences first appeared in the first film, notably Tarzan killing a rhinoceros. It would get even worse in the nest film.

Tarzan Escapes (1936) Simply put, a man comes to the jungle hoping to bring Tarzan back alive and put him on exhibit. Not one of the best.

Tarzan Finds a Son! (1939) Everybody in the world knows that Tarzan and Jane have sex, but the censorship practices of the day means that Tarzan must not father a child, but must find one; he finds the only survivor of a plane crash and raises the child as if he were his own. Interestingly, five whole years go by, story-wise until yet another safari shows up looking for the boy. Once again, Jane is asked to come back to England, this time for the sake of Boy, who needs to be educated like any other child. Also, he's the heir to a big fortune.

I rank Tarzan and His Mate the best of the four, with Ape Man second, Son in third and Escapes dead last.

My next film will be The Avengers which got a good review from Kenneth Turan of the L.A. Times.
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

• Infinitized!

Ok, I had to jump on the Avengers bandwagon too, but I won't be able to see the movie until Tuesday at the earliest...

On Blu-Ray:
    Hulk - I enjoy parts of it, but there's also parts that are meh. Definitely the Avengers design of Hulk (seeing it from the trailers) is much better. Don't know why they made him look like a giant in some parts of this one.

Iron Man - Still a blast. Love this one. Lots of fun.

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by Not My Real Name View Post
    The first four Tarzan movies that starred Johnny Weismuller and Maureen O'Sullivan, available on a DVD collection from TCM.
    I have that set. Tarzan and His Mate is a Pre-Code era (before censorship) film and is def the best of the bunch.

Thor & Captain America: The First Avenger - Enjoyed them again, Cap a bit more than Thor. But both - especially with Cap - felt like set up movies for The Avengers.

The Avengers - Pretty damn awesome. Some moments - like most of the LOL scenes and one not-so-LOL scene - def had a Serenity vibe to them. Reminder: two credits scenes to wait for at the end of the movie. And for those of you who've seen the movie, there's an interesting op article on Newsarama you might enjoy expounding on what Marvel & Disney should consider with their Marvel movie-verse from this point:

10 Lessons We Learned From The AVENGERS Movie | Newsarama.com

• MiceChat Moderator

I actually enjoyed Thor much more than Captain America The First Avenger. But will rewatch both to see if my mind changes.

• Circle of Ancients

Iron Man 2

I think this was my 3rd time watching it, and I enjoyed it a LOT more this time around. Nowhere near as good as the first, but it was good.

Thor and Capt. America later ... Avengers tomorrow.