Page 149 of 191 FirstFirst ... 4999124139146147148149150151152159174 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 2859

• Banned User

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

I just reupped my Netflix subscription after several years specifically so I could watch all the Avengers-related movies before seeing the new film this coming week, only to find that the only film available for streaming viewing on my computer is Iron Man 2 (which I enjoyed immensely). Iron Man (the first one) was rerun yet again on FX last night, as well, and I'd seen that in the theater, so it was sufficient enough a re-viewing as part of my Avengers prep.

So, I had to download The Incredible Hulk, Thor, and Captain America: The First Avenger. Of that, I've seen Thor so far. Much better than I had expected (although I'm still warped by Conan O'Brien's high-pitched Thor parody*).

The clips of the other two I've seen so far look pretty good too. I expect I'll enjoy all of them.

• Circle of Ancients

Took a little break from my Avengers marathon today to watch ...

Kill Bill Vol. 1 and 2

These movies get better and better each time I watch them. And they MUST be watched back-to-back. The first movie is filled with so much action, the 2nd, it's all about the dialogue. The last scenes with The Bride and Bill are so intricately written it's ridiculous. Probably some of the best writing Quentin has done. And that's really saying something.

• "Always On The Move..."

Original Tron. It still holds up and still just as much fun. Immediately followed it with Tron: Legacy. Going to have to break down and buy both of these. Just really enjoy them.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

MISSION IMPOSIBLE: GHOST PROTOCOL -- BRAD BIRD can do no wrong. Even upon the 2nd viewing, this was just a great time.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Infinitized!

On Blu-Ray...
    The Incredible Hulk - Good movie, better than Ang Lee's and yes I'd like to see either a sequel or even another reboot with Ruffalo to give it better continuity.

Iron Man 2 - Few weaknesses over the first, but still a fun and enjoyable movie.

Thor - No complaints here. Another good one. Like Kenneth Branagh's Shakespearean touch to this one.

Captain America: The First Avenger - I love fantasy/comic book movies with their plot lines in this era, i.e. Sky Captain and Rocketeer. Again, no complaints here, a blast from start to finish. Hope to see Red Skull again in a future Marvel movie.

And at the theater...
    The Avengers IMAX 3D - What can I say that hasn't been said already... awesome! Loads of fun!! Can't wait to see it again.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Dark Shadows - It seemed super long and was pretty boring. A little confusing and a few moments out of left field. There were some humorous parts, but it wasn't a comedy as the promos suggest.

2 out of 5 stars... not recommended
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Dark Shadows - It seemed super long and was pretty boring. A little confusing and a few moments out of left field. There were some humorous parts, but it wasn't a comedy as the promos suggest.

2 out of 5 stars... not recommended

I got the soundtrack yesterday and it wasn't very good either. But hey... I did get it signed by Danny Elfman...

Name:  522836_10150795993932087_510452086_9727418_1257736004_n.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  61.1 KB

• Circle of Ancients

^ I'm listening to the Soundtrack right now, I'm kind of digging it. Seems a bit different than some of Danny's other soundtracks, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    ^ I'm listening to the Soundtrack right now, I'm kind of digging it. Seems a bit different than some of Danny's other soundtracks, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

It has moments that I like but not entire tracks. I need to give it a few more listens.

• Infinitized!

Last thursday at the theater:
    American Reunion - Alright movie, but it's one of those "been there done that" scenarios where a number of the jokes were repeated from past entries in the series. But it was cool to see the old gang together.

• MiceChat Moderator

RANGO -- Looks great on Blu-Ray! I can see why many will get bored by it but I'm still very impressed with it. It's no children's movie by any stretch of the imagination.

• secure all cargo

The Avengers (3D). It was pretty good, very funny, exciting action, loved the Hulk's scenes like everyone else. There were a couple things that didn't work for me like Loki telling everyone to bow before him (unintentionally laughable) and Hawkeye being a zombie half the movie (though his fight with Black Widow was pretty great). I wish I'd revisited the previous films before this one, especially Thor, but just couldn't find the time. With so many people loving The Avengers it will be interesting how the Dark Knight plays against it just because it's such a different type of superhero film, for me it's actually taken a bit of thunder from Batman (although there is plenty of time for it to return). Reminds me of when Iron Man and The Dark Knight came out the same summer - I thought the Dark Knight was the better made of the two but I always preferred Iron Man.

Tower Heist. I think it wanted to be more cool than it actually was. And everyone says Eddie Murphy returned to form, but I don't think I agree with that, he was just playing a more street-smart character like he used to, but he wasn't necessarily as funny as during his early career. That said, I still thought it was alright, I laughed, and the heist kept me interest.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    RANGO -- Looks great on Blu-Ray! I can see why many will get bored by it but I'm still very impressed with it. It's no children's movie by any stretch of the imagination.
    Agree completely as Jack Nicholson and Roman Palanski covered the same subject material in Chinatown. For kids Zzzzz. For grown ups well, I also went Zzzzz although it did look good.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I saw DARK SHADOWS, too, and thought it was much better than the trailers would suggest. We were die hard fans of the original soap opera--as well as the 1991 remake for NBC. We knew ahead of time that this film would not be a rehash of the original so we didn't go into it expecting it to be the same. As a result, we enjoyed it very much. It's full of action with hardly a dull moment. We don't understand how anyone could think it was boring. Quite the opposite. Considering the hefty challenge of even attempting to re-make a cult classic like this, Tim Burton did a fine job.

ORWEN: The one thing I didn't like about it was how they handled the Dr. Julia Hoffman character. She was treated without any respect at all. Other than that, I liked the movie.

ORGOCH: Got Blood?

• Circle of Ancients

Hugo

Absolutely LOVED it. Thought it was a great story, perfectly acted and directed. It wasn't quite what I thought it was going to be, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

My one gripe, I can't see ANY reason this movie would have had to be in 3D. It was so visually striking, having the gimmick of 3D would have probably taken away from it IMO.