Page 15 of 191 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718254065115 ... LastLast

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

The Prestige- I got to watch this last night while my parents were away. This is probably one of the best movies I have seen recently- well done, a really good story, great acting, and very powerful themes it deals with. It was really amazing how far people will go just to get on top.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker View Post
    The Prestige- I got to watch this last night while my parents were away. This is probably one of the best movies I have seen recently- well done, a really good story, great acting, and very powerful themes it deals with. It was really amazing how far people will go just to get on top.
    I really liked that one. Enjoyed it much more than the Illusionist. Both very good, just really different styles and stories.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

A Christmas Carol- We saw it on IMAX over at the Spectrum. If you want my opinion, I think this is probably a really great adaptation of the story. Not for younger kids though, but I enjoyed it.

• Minion

Last night we went to see "Brothers" I liked the movie, the trailers certainly mislead you, but I was glad it did in the end! Its about A young brother who comforts his older brother's wife and children after his family is told he has died in Afghanistan.

The next movie we saw was "Amored" with Matt Dillon, this was more action, and suspense, few scenes were a bit long but in all it was good. Would I recommend anyone to go to see it..... save your money..

• Animation Domination

Race to Witch Mountain- For a remake of a 70's Disney films it was entertaining way better than the original due to better special effects and graphics. Race to Witch Mountain was a fun flick to watch for a Disney movie. The only thing that bothers me was that Hannah Montana song in the beginning.

Double Indemnity- Great movie for it's time, but it was kind of boring today. The acting was great, but not really entertaining. The movie had a horrible ending.
    Last edited by MickeyMousePal; 12-07-2009 at 12:02 AM.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Infinitized!

Tonight I saw:
    A Christmas Carol in 3D - It was my first time seeing a 3D movie in a mainstream theater (other than IMAX or the shows in Disneyland or Universal Studios). I thought it was great! However, it took my eyes a little while to get adjusted. I did feel slightly notious because I wear glasses and my right eye is slightly off (not inline with my left). I thought the animation was great, the story, well the story has been filmed a bunch of times and is a classic so there's not much I can comment on that. There were a few parts that were creepy, but fit in nicely into the story.

Too scary for kids? Bah! Humbug! Take the kids to see it. Afterall, they should get scared every once in awhile. And maybe they can learn something from the story. Since when did a piece of classic literature become too scary for kids? Miley Cyrus and Jonas Bros., now that's scary.

• Directly directed

Pixar Shorts- So cute!

Peter Pan- Always a classic. I just finished reading Peter and the Sword of Mercy so I picked up where the book left off

• Rides against injustice

Funny People: I wouldve thought a movie called "Funny People" would be funnier. OK, but way too long IMO.
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• Pongo is my hero.

Muppets In Manhattan- so funny, got me to Netflix the Muppet Show seasons

Changeling- so sad and powerful; glad to see Angie live up to her immense fame with her stellar acting!

Blind Side- Such a great, great movie; easily one of my favorite movies ever

one hundred and one

• Disappearing/Reappearing

North by Northwest.

I had this Netflixed. But, it said the wait was long. Thankfully, it came on TMC yesterday afternoon. And I managed to catch it from the very beginning.

Pretty good movie. I love Hitchcock films, and Cary Grant....so I really enjoyed it.

• Circle of Ancients

The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring (Extended Cut)

Just finished the book and needed to refresh my brain for my blog (check it out why don't you ... the 2nd part will be added soon). I think this is still my favorite of the 3 movies. Maybe it's because when I saw it, it wasn't yet this huge global gigantic overblown thing. I honestly felt by the 3rd movie it became over-produced and lost it's way a bit, especially the last part of the movie. Which honestly ruined the 3rd movie for me somewhat.

• ...is busy, please hold.

A Night to Remember

(1958,winner of Golden Globe"Best Foreign Film"-1959)
    Great film, caught it while watching AMC. A much more factual take on the Titanic disaster than Cameron's film.

Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
    Think of it as a third arm that magically
    shoots bullets!

• Circle of Ancients

Julie and Julia

I actually thought it was very cute. Meryl Streep was great as always. And I guess I had never noticed how sexy Amy Adams is. Meeeow!!!

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Julie and Julia

I actually thought it was very cute. Meryl Streep was great as always. And I guess I had never noticed how sexy Amy Adams is. Meeeow!!!
    YOU NEVER NOTICED?!

Anyways I am currently watching Kill Bill Vol. 1 on IFC. Always a good movie.

I also now have the Twisted Nerve theme stuck in my head.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Just got back from Princess and the Frog. I cannot say enough great things this film offered. Very, very good!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.