Page 150 of 191 FirstFirst ... 50100125140147148149150151152153160175 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2858

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Hugo

Absolutely LOVED it. Thought it was a great story, perfectly acted and directed. It wasn't quite what I thought it was going to be, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

My one gripe, I can't see ANY reason this movie would have had to be in 3D. It was so visually striking, having the gimmick of 3D would have probably taken away from it IMO.

Glad you liked it!!

As for the 3D, it was breathtaking and very delicately done. I think that if the movie was great in 2D, that's always a plus.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Disneyland PAP

Dark Shadows - Based on just seeing the commercials and trailers, I went in thinking it was going to be a sad joke of a movie. I left surprisingly entertained! I thought almost all the funny bits were used in the marketing. This ended up being an entertaining soap opera story but generally underplayed as much as this material can be - a first for Burton! Reading coheteboy's comments about the soundtrack, I noticed the score is very subdued in the movie too. I'd love to see a sequel, and interestingly enough, I'm now intrigued with what Burton would do if he did a Haunted Mansion movie.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by 3IAlienKid View Post
    There were a couple things that didn't work for me like Loki telling everyone to bow before him
    I kind of felt the same way about that part. It was almost as if they were going for that “Kneel before Zod” type of moment that only Terence Stamp could pull off.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Hugo

Absolutely LOVED it. Thought it was a great story, perfectly acted and directed. It wasn't quite what I thought it was going to be, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

My one gripe, I can't see ANY reason this movie would have had to be in 3D. It was so visually striking, having the gimmick of 3D would have probably taken away from it IMO.
    I haven’t seen this one yet, but it is leading off this summer’s Movies on the Green at Warner Center Park, so I will see it then.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• MiceChat Moderator

JACK AND JILL -- Quite possibly one of the worst and most annoying movies I've seen in a really long time. Don't even bother... there are zero laughs and Al Pacino is embarrassing.

• Infinitized!

On DVD:
    Still Waiting - Alright but not as good as the first.

On Blu-Ray
    Last of the Mohicans - Wanted to see it since it came out in '92. Took twenty years but I finally got around to seeing it. Good movie. Picked it up today on Blu-Ray for $10, and it came with $10 movie money to see Prometheus, so good deal!

• -

I just watched Superman Returns again. Ya know, if you take out the Kryptonite Island thing and Lois Lane having Superman's kid elements, it is actually not that bad of a movie. The effects were great and I thought it was well cast.

It is the addition of those poor plot elements that ruined it for me. They may as well have had Richard Pryor in it.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I just watched Superman Returns again. Ya know, if you take out the Kryptonite Island thing and Lois Lane having Superman's kid elements, it is actually not that bad of a movie. The effects were great and I thought it was well cast.

It is the addition of those poor plot elements that ruined it for me. They may as well have had Richard Pryor in it.

My ultimate problem with Superman Returns is that the rest of the film doesn't beat the first rescue in the film... which already takes forever getting there.

• Mrs. J. Depp

When In Rome - Really pretty cheezy but I'm sorta on an Italy kick. Josh Duhamel is such a cutie in this movie.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post

LOL, I like the Richard Pryor comment.

FWIW, I present a link to what Bryan Singer had in mind for a sequel that would've made use of just those "Kryptonite Island and Lois Lane having Superman's kid elements" you disliked. I found out about this years ago (I couldn't find the original link I'd read, but this one is actually a lot more detailed), and as a whole story, it makes Superman Returns "better" imo. But without the sequel, SR should've still succeeded as a film on its own, and it obviously doesn't.

The Plot For Bryan Singer’s SUPERMAN RETURNS Sequel That Almost Was | Rama's Screen

• Jessie: exuberent & fun!!

The most recent movie I watched was A Bug's Life...again, I know. But, this time, I got to watch the WHOLE THING, as opposed to the one that ABC Family shows where there's tons of cutouts. I really have nothing against ABC Family, I just wanted to see the whole thing for the first time in years. Luckily, I have a friend who owns the Gold Collection DVD, and so I borrowed it from them. You see, I still don't own A Bug's Life myself, because every time I see a DVD or a VHS or even a Blu-Ray of it, my parents say it's "too expensive". Recently, my parents got a Blu-Ray enabled computer, but I only own one Blu-Ray disc: Cars 2.
    Last edited by IlikeJessie3; 05-18-2012 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Being more specific
    Jessie is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My fav part in 2 is:
    Buzz: clears throat)
    I just wanted to say you're a bright young woman with a beautiful "yarnful" of hair... er, "hairful" of yarn. It's...uh...woah. (clears throat) I must go!
    Jessie: Well, aren't you the sweetest space toy I ever met!
    Buster: (barking)
    Slinky: What's that? Bark, bark? Uh...this fellow says he needs to go out back for a little "private time"!
    Jessie: That critter needs help! (jumps on toy car) Yodle-ay-HEEE-HOOO!!!!!
    Buzz: (wings suddenly pop open)

Also, my fav part in 3 is:
    Jessie: turns on Spanish music)
    Buzz: involenterily starts dancing) I...I don't know what came over me!
    Jessie: goo-goo eyes) Just go with it, Buzz!
    (Then, they start doing the Paso Doble to a Spanish version of "You've Got a Friend in Me". Towards the end of the dance, Woody tosses Jessie a rose to catch in her mouth. It's awesome.)

Go to the EBHO threads!!! They need YOU!

• Infinitized!

At the theater, watched:

It was funny, stupid, but funny. I don't think Sacha Baron Cohen will ever top Borat though. A bunch of the clips that were in the trailer were not in the movie or altered a little bit. The dedication at the beginning was funny. If you go see it, make sure you stay for the first half of the credits. Don't know if there was anything at the end of the credits though.

The Avengers

I'm a DC man myself, but the way this movie flowed was perfect. 9/10
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

• Infinitized!

Started a marathon in the lead-up to Prometheus...

On Blu-Ray:
    Alien - what can I say? The one that started it all. A classic sci-fi horror.

• MiceChat Moderator

THE DICTATOR -- It had some mild chuckles from me but not much else. It was actually too mild and simple for me. Movies need to stop relying on shock factor and just BE funny. I don't think it's a bad comedy... it just wasn't enough. But... it was entertaining and I think many will find more enjoyment out of it than I did.

• Goofy

dark shadows it was very enjoyable and decent. the details are nice though.