Page 152 of 192 FirstFirst ... 52102127142149150151152153154155162177 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 2880

• -

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

My Cousin Vinnie. Still one of the funniest movies of all time.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    My Cousin Vinnie. Still one of the funniest movies of all time.
    Are you suurre?

Posative.

Agreed.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Disneyland PAP

Cars - In anticipation of seeing Cars Land soon, I finally made time to re-watch this last night. And it was the first time I thoroughly enjoyed the film. I was a little tired and relaxed when I put it on. And afterwards I came to realize that every other time I watched it before, I wanted the movie to be something it wasn't. Last night, I just "let it ride" so to speak, and I really enjoyed it for the movie it was. I think in a way, I finally had to let go of that Lightning McQueen in me.

Star Trek: The Motion Picture - I'm going to see the Director's Cut of this screened at the ArcLight next week. They make it clear they're using a DVD source for the screening (since the new material added in the DC were not produced in high definition at the time), so I know what to expect. But I still felt compelled to pull out my Blu-ray of the original theatrical release and re-watch it all, before popping in a few minutes of my DVD of the DC. It was kinda stupid to do this, the difference in picture quality is obvious. But there's a hopeful voice inside my head intrigued with what the DC will look like on the big screen.

Star Trek Nemesis - After enjoying Cars as much as I did, I somehow decided to give this movie one more try at enjoying it. I still didn't. I still felt the characters were out of character from the start, too much like a family reunion than a reunion of profession officers, and again the car chase pulled me out completely. This time I saw how much this film is more like an episode of Bonanza or Gunsmoke, a Western-style shoot-em' up story and moments showing our featured cast bonding and commiserating rather than the Star Trek I'm used to. None of it was really compelling. So sad.
    Last edited by Gone2Disneyland; 06-02-2012 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Shared two more movies.

• My prices are INSANE!

Men In Black III - I actually liked this film. Was better than I was expecting.
    Had a more serious tone than the previous two. And the ending was a bit of surprise for me.
    In fact the ending is what I liked the most about it.

And Will Smith didn't annoy me this time. Go figure?

P.S. We saw it in regular not 3-D. It really doesn't need the 3-D for this film.
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Larry View Post
    Men In Black III - I actually liked this film. Was better than I was expecting.
    Had a more serious tone than the previous two. And the ending was a bit of surprise for me.
    In fact the ending is what I liked the most about it.

And Will Smith didn't annoy me this time. Go figure?

P.S. We saw it in regular not 3-D. It really doesn't need the 3-D for this film.
    I just saw that movie yesterday and came away with positive feelings as well. I didn't find it as good as the other two, but it was enjoyable nonetheless.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Just this guy......

I also just saw Men In Black III and thought it was a good film. Much better than the second film but not as funny as the first one.

• -

I finally saw Moneyball the other night. It was a good movie, but kind of slow at some points.

• MiceChat Moderator

A GOOD OLD FASHIONED ORGY -- Comedy starring Jason Sudeikis (SNL) and a few other comic actors (Lake Bell, Leslie Bibb) about throwing a final labor day bash before his dad (Don Johnson) sells it. It was entertaining with a few chuckles. Not bad but could have been funnier maybe. They played it a little bit closer to reality which may have prevented more laughs.

• Circle of Ancients

Cowboys and Aliens

I enjoyed it for what it was, but IMO it could have been SO much better.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Cowboys and Aliens

I enjoyed it for what it was, but IMO it could have been SO much better.

For a summer movie... I thought it SUCKED. And it was stupid. Had such promise. Great director, great stars, great genre(s)... it just didn't work.

• MiceChat Moderator

PROMETHEUS -- I thought it was a really well done sci-fi thriller in the same world as ALIEN. Treat it as such and you'll enjoy it. If you go in expecting a full on prequel with a lot of answers, you won't find it. I walked out with even more questions. Another note... this is a film. Not a movie. I liked it.

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    PROMETHEUS -- I thought it was a really well done sci-fi thriller in the same world as ALIEN. Treat it as such and you'll enjoy it. If you go in expecting a full on prequel with a lot of answers, you won't find it. I walked out with even more questions. Another note... this is a film. Not a movie. I liked it.
    Good to know!

Alien: The Director's Cut - I watched this last night. In the dark. Alone. I've seen it lots of time. But it's still scary. I'm playing the audio commentary right now in the background. My friends and I will see it Sunday after lunch. If I have time, I may watch Aliens too or for the hell of it, finish the last hour or so of Alien3, a painful experience so far to watch, followed by Alien Resurrection.

• -

I just finished watching the History Channel's 6 hour TV movie The Hatfields and the McCoys. I found it very entertaining. It was violent without being too graphic. Bill Paxton and Kevin Costner were very good in their rolls.

• Infinitized!

Watched a whole bunch since my last post:

On Blu-Ray:
    Alien Resurrection - not a bad sequel but far from the best. Can't believe Joss Whedon wrote this one.

AVP - The true Alien prequel! None of this Prometheus hocus pocus. And Lance Henriksen is in it as Charles Bishep Weyland. Of the two AVP movies, I like this one because of the Indiana Jones feel to it with the pyramid.

The Day After Tomorrow - Not a bad flick. Haven't seen it since it's theatrical run.

The Day The Earth Stood Still - The remake. Not bad. 2nd time watching it.

Jumanji - Haven't seen it since it was in the theater. Fun movie.

The Phantom - Wanted to see this one for a long time. What works (for me) time setting, costumes, classic cars, feels a bit like an Indiana Jones movie. What doesn't work: poor script, poor writing, corny acting - makes it feel like an Asylum Films movie.

Fantastic Four - Haven't seen it since its theatrical run. Even though people consider it week for a Marvel movie, it's still not bad. I think I enjoyed it more on this second viewing.

At the theater:

The Avengers - 2nd time. Still lots of fun But I still don't get why Loki rode in the back of the pick-up truck when it was a 4-door, and only two people were in the cab.

MIB III - Alright popcorn flick to kill some time.

Want to go see Prometheus ASAP, but my schedule is busy as heck for the next week and a half.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Last night, NNL and I saw a sneak preview of Brave. We both liked it, thought it was neither of our favorite Pixar film. The film has a lot of humor, a lot of heart, beautiful scenery, and a great character in Merida. Personally, however, I thought at times the comedy was a little too much, and
    Spoiler
    the movie is a little too "Brother Bearesque." The witch herself seemed a somewhat extra and unnecessary character as well.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!