Page 154 of 190 FirstFirst ... 54104129144151152153154155156157164179 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2840

• Circle of Ancients

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

The People vs George Lucas

An absolute MUST WATCH for any fans of Star Wars. Really great documentary about George Lucas and his relationship with the fans of Star Wars (and to a lesser extent Indiana Jones). I thought it was going to be just a 90 minute George Lucas bashing session but IMO it was pretty even on both sides, with both sides making compelling points. For somebody like me that falls somewhere in the middle (I actually liked Episodes I and III but would LOVE an un-altered remastered Blu Ray of Episodes IV, V, VI) it was quite interesting.

At the end of the day I think most fans realize that while they may not be happy with the prequels and the changes made in the S.E., we still have to remember that without Lucas we wouldn't have grown up with Star Wars.

The Avengers

Third time in theaters, just as good as the first. If anything it went by faster this time. We didn't stay for the post-credits scene this time.

• -

This weekend I was able to watch a couple of movies. I watched the first Ironman again and it is still just as good as the first time I saw it. I like Terrence Howard much better as Rhody than Don Cheadle.

I also watched Bad Teacher again and even after seeing it several times, I still find things to laugh at in that movie.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• "Always On The Move..."

Just had a chance to watch George of the Jungle again. This is one of my all time favorite Disney/Brandon Fraiser films. I'm a HUGE fan of the cartoon and LOVE what they did with the movie! I'll always stop everything and watch it. Now to just find it on DVD as my VHS player has died and that's all I have it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

•   
    • Minion

My nephew is gong to film school so showed him three movies that I believe to be some exceptional pieces of work. Psycho, The Birds, Swingers, and Jaws. I told him to study these!!!! They are some of my favorites although when it comes to movies I have too many favorites lol

• Infinitized!

On Blu Ray from my collection:
    Cars
    Cars 2

With Carsland open now, thought I'd watch these. I like the first and despite the weaknesses, I like the 2nd one too.

Newsies - Haven't seen it before. Missed it when it was in the theaters back in the 90s. Great movie! Really enjoyed it.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    My nephew is gong to film school so showed him three movies that I believe to be some exceptional pieces of work. Psycho, The Birds, Swingers, and Jaws. I told him to study these!!!! They are some of my favorites although when it comes to movies I have too many favorites lol

Oddly enough, I met the guy who played Sue in Swingers tonight! In Hollywood. Totally random.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Oddly enough, I met the guy who played Sue in Swingers tonight! In Hollywood. Totally random.

That's awesome!!! Last thing I saw him in was four Christmases he didn't age well at least not in that movie. i'll always know him as superfan number 99 lol

• Iron-Clad Allie

I went to Men and Black 3 not expecting much. I thought it would be more or less a rehashing of the same type of story and characters as 1 and 2. It turned out to be well worth my while. The protaganist was big, bad and full of all kinds of surprises. His alien body was a virtually lethal biological arms stockade.

We also learn more about the history of Agents K and J and why they love and respect eachother so much. It also turns out that Agent K has a girlfriend alled Agent O. Believe you me, this voluptuous brilliant knockout is more than just OK! O......K?
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Very Helpful Old Feller

Well, reckon my heart's in Texas but right now I live down N'Olins way...

Howdy Pards,

Well, I saw Men in Black 3 a week or so ago...and I agree...it was a great movie! I would highly recommend it.

But, the movie I have just seen...this very morning in fact...is Disney/Pixar's new movie
    BRAVE. Now, from the trailers, I kinda figured I was gonna love this movie...and I did! Yep,
    I surely did!

"In the Highlands of Scotland, where mystical circles of stone guard ancient secrets, tales are told of daring deeds, strange spells, and legendary creatures. There, in a castle high above the craggy cliffs and misty glens, lives Merida, the bold Princess of DunBroch. This is her story...from a time when magic is as real as a castle's stone walls..."

And a free and adventurous...some would say headstrong...Princess she is too! Soon to be one of the best-loved of all I think...

I found every minute of this film to be a shere delight! There's adventure, drama, mystery, magic, and laugh out loud fun! You'll find yourself wanting to move to Scotland, live in a castle, hop on board a big ol' Clydesdale like Angus and ride with the wind!

If you haven't seen this movie yet...GO! Go and see it as soon as you possibly can and...uh...be sure to stay till the very end of the credits.

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
    I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
    I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
    I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."

• Disneyland PAP

Secret Origin: The Story of DC Comics - I'm a DC Comics guy but passed on adding this DVD to my collection. The fact that it was only released on DVD and not Blu-ray seemed odd to me, and of course, I'm all about Blu-ray now. Anyway for whatever reason, I didn't get a good vibe that this would be that great. Found this at the library today and just finished watching it. It wasn't particularly great, but it wasn't necessarily bad. It was simply a straight-forward telling of the history of DC Comics from the very beginning to its release in 2010, all in 90 minutes. Learned some names and details about the original owners, loved the passion of the current day writers and artists for these characters, and was surprised Alex Ross and Jenette Kahn weren't among the talking heads. Also loved seeing how Hollywood finally started to embrace superheroes after Superman: The Movie. The brief clips their shared made want to re-watch Superman, Keaton's Batman, V for Vendetta, and Watchmen all night tonight.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

BRAVE -- Started off GREAT but coasted at good the rest of the way. Finale didn't feel like the proper end. It just didn't feel like I was ready for it yet. Could have definitely been better but it's still a good film and I like it enough for another viewing.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Circle of Ancients

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter

I absolutely LOVED the book so I was really looking forward to the movie. First thing, if you read the book know that they changed a LOT from the book, namely the beginning and the end. They also changed some things regarding when Abe figured out there were Vampires in the world.

That said, I really enjoyed the movie. It's a definite off the wall subject, but if you go into a movie called Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter expecting some historically accurate story of the life of Lincoln then you are in for disappointment. It's actually a really fun "Vampire" movie, more in the vain of Blade than Bram Stokers Dracula or Interview with the Vampire, but that's ok. I'm just hoping they have an extended DVD to bring out more elements from the book.

• far, far away from DL

We saw Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter too. I thought it was really good. We saw it in 3D. I really liked the book and was excited to hear they were doing a movie. Overall, I would go see it again.

• secure all cargo

Captain America: The First Avenger. I liked it when it first came out, but I think I appreciated it more this time. I'm not as into the war battles, even though there were ray guns those battles still felt somewhat standard issue, but everything else was great. And seeing the character in The Avengers makes me appreciate the character even more in this film.

The Town. This was my favorite film the year it came out. I'm really liking Ben Affleck as director, this one and Gone, Baby, Gone are awesome. I can't wait til Argo comes out.

Haywire. I was surprised to see that it wasn't that popular, because I really liked it. Maybe she wasn't the greatest actress (the extra features talk all about her weapons training and fight choreography, so I guess that was more important to Soderberg than her lack of acting experience), but it was pretty exciting. I think maybe since the action wasn't filmed w/ shaky-cam and edited with quarter-of-a-second cuts that we're all used to these days that people maybe didn't think it wasn't fast enough, but I thought she was awesome and sexy. Hope she gets some more action roles.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Infinitized!

On Blu-Ray from my collection:
    Downfall - Very good movie. Although when the Hitler meme scene came along I had to rewind it a few times because my brain kept thinking there were subtitles about Avatar Day and the 2010 World Cup, and Hitler losing is account with XBox Live etc. Meme aside, a very well done movie about the last days of WWII from Hitler's bunker.

A Fistfull of Dollars - Picked-up The Man With No Name Trilogy yesterday. It was a sentimental viewing for me. I haven't watched these movies since 1991 when I watched them with my grandpa when he was still alive, so it brought back some fond memories. These are so good. No wonder Quentin Tarantino loves these so much and has based his style of filming on them. The suspense, the music, the cinematography - brilliant!