Page 155 of 190 FirstFirst ... 55105130145152153154155156157158165180 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 2840

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

CARS 2 -- Yes, I saw it for the third time and I really cannot understand all the negativity around this film. You have to have such a closed mind if you really think this is an "awful" film or "so bad that you can't even consider it" along the list of other Pixar films. I think it's solid entertainment. My friend who really poo-poo'd the thought of this film watched it for the first time and he kept turning to me saying "I love this."

Based on all the negative reactions to this, he was expecting a train wreck. But it was fun, and he totally got it. He wasn't a fan of Mater to start but now he likes him.

And I'll continue to turn more people towards Cars 2 as long as I live!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

I just saw Brave. I thought it was good. Not super-cute, like Toy Story. But, I certtainly enjoyed it.
    -Judge me by who I am in the real world, not by what I say on MiceChat.

Facebook <Feel Free to add me, just say you're from Micechat.

• My prices are INSANE!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    A Fistfull of Dollars - Picked-up The Man With No Name Trilogy yesterday. It was a sentimental viewing for me. I haven't watched these movies since 1991 when I watched them with my grandpa when he was still alive, so it brought back some fond memories. These are so good. No wonder Quentin Tarantino loves these so much and has based his style of filming on them. The suspense, the music, the cinematography - brilliant!
    Out of the three films, I would have to say For a Few Dollars More had the best final showdown of them all. It had the most emotion behind it, and was the most personal.
    But I loved all of those films.
    I watch The Good the Bad and the Ugly the most. Mainly because of Eli Wallach.
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• Infinitized!

At the theater last night:
    Snow White and the Huntsman - or is that Thor? I went in not expecting much, but I ended up really liking it! I think I may have liked it more than Burton's live-action Alice in Wonderland. Charlize was excellent as the Evil Queen. Didn't know who was playing the dwarves before hand so I got a nice surprise when I see McShane, Hoskins, Winstone, Frost and a few other familiar faces playing the dwarves. Also had a cool song during the end credits by Florence + The Machine. A pleasant surprise.

• -

Saw Brave yesterday. While it was enjoyable, I also found it very predictable.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

IRON MAN -- The Original. Still great. Clark Gregg was perfectly cast as Agent Coulson! It's really funny to see him in the first one. As for my issues with the film, has always been with Jeff Bridges' character. Didn't seem realistic for him to act that way. And yah, I know this is a comic book but it seemed pretty set in the real world.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Circle of Ancients

Batman Begins

The wife had never seen all of the first one, wanted to make sure she was all caught up before Dark Knight Rises. I know everybody loves The Dark Knight, but I absolutely LOVE this origin story. Think it's probably one of the best comic book origin stories ever done. I doubt we'll get such an awesome retelling in the new Spiderman movie.

21 Jump Street

We had seen this one in the theater and it was just as funny at home. Doesn't take itself too seriously, in fact it relishes in the fact that it's not serious even going so far as to take quite a few jabs at itself.

Saving Silverman

Hadn't watched this one in awhile, totally underrated movie. Absolutely hilarious. Jason Biggs, Steve Zahn and Jack Black make a really awesome comedic team. I wish this had done better.

• Disneyland PAP

The Amazing Spider-Man - I'll give this 3 1/2 out of 4 web shooters. I might've given it only 3 except the teenage girl sitting next to me cried at all the right parts that a teenage girl's supposed to cry. So 1/2 point for that! The writing was wonderful, Garfield and Stone were GREAT as Peter and Gwen, and I especially like the tone of the first half of the movie. Overall, I enjoyed it, even appreciating some of the risks and surprises they put in the story to keep us jaded and annoying comic book fans surprised. But I think The Dark Knight Rises in two weeks will be outstanding. And for the love of film scores, Mr. Horner, stop re-using your Star Trek II music in your new scores!!!! Those ten seconds pulled me right out of the film.

• Infinitized!

On Blu-Ray, finished watching the Man With No Name trilogy:
    For a Few Dollars More - This is the one I remember the most from the whole series. Great flick.

The Good The Bad and The Ugly - Another good one, although I do find it a bit too long as it clocks in at nearly 3 hrs. Has one of the best movie soundtracks of all time - Ennio Morricone's score is fantastic. I guess this is considered a prequel for the series as it shows Clint getting his signature poncho he wears in the two previous movies.

Glad I rewatched this series. Classic.

Also watched another Clint Eastwood western I picked up on Blu:
    Pale Rider - I liked this one when I was younger as it played on TV often. Borrows elements from the Sergio Leone trilogy. Still good. Like the final scenes when Clint takes out the deputies in the town.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Saw Iron Man and Iron Man 2 this week. Also took out Captain America and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. Trying to catch up with movies since our son was born.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Goofy

saw ted the other day and it was a fun movie to watch i laughed so hard. this is not a serious movie but rather to enjoy and relax kinda movie. i enjoyed it so much im going to see it again to me it was family guy on the whole movie lol

"Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter."

Not a good movie, but it was entertaining and some of the lines and visuals are nice. Couple of times I laughed, at probably inappropriate times.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Hail the Conquering Hero-My dad had me watch this with him yesterday as it is one of his favorite films. I found the script well written and the 60 year old jokes still funny today.
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

• Infinitized!

On Blu-Ray from my collection:
    Home on the Range - Probably the weakest DAC, but also not entirely terrible. I haven't compared the DVD and the Blu yet to see what, if any, bonus features are missing on the Blu. As far as I know, nothing new was added. But Disney is getting cheap on their Blu releases. This is another title that doesn't have disc art on the Blu disc. The upcoming releases of Pocahontas also does not have disc art, and the DVDs in the case are stacked - like TF&TH.

• -

I just saw Recoil. I found Steve Austin good in the movie, a real badass. The only thing that I didn't like was that the core story was very close to the Punisher.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."