Page 158 of 192 FirstFirst ... 58108133148155156157158159160161168183 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 2876

• is poppin' tags

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Currently watching Flowers In The Attic. Gotta love Netflix suggestions...... after watching Hellraiser and Pet Semetary, what else could be expected?
    For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

• Disneyland PAP

Superman III & Superman IV: The Quest for Peace - Made it a mission to get through my Superman Anthology Blu-ray set, which meant having to give the last two Christopher Reeve Superman films one more looksees. Knowing that they are flawed made re-watching them a bit easier (thankfully). III takes such a nosedive in tone from the respectful tone set in The Movie. And IV I'll forgive a little because of its tragic production history. It amazes me how film producers and directors miss the mark after the targeting site has been so well set by previous films. So coincidental and sad that it'd have to happen with both of DC Comics 90's era film franchises, Batman and Superman. But one consistent note of quality throughout the films is clearly Christopher Reeve. His Clark Kent becomes inconsistent for me over the course of these two films. But as stupid are the lines he has to deliver as Superman, he commits to them in character, a character he embodies just so perfectly. That said, I have high hopes that Henry Cavill will succeed in making his Man of Steel role his own and one for today's generation, just as movie audiences accept Chris Pine as Captain Kirk.

Total Recall - I had no expectations about seeing this movie. I joined my friends who were interested seeing it, and I didn't read any reviews. It was a good enough film, there's a lot of money on the screen with the chase scenes, and I cannot complain about seeing Jessica Biel and Kate Beckinsale for two hours for any reason. But as the film unfolded, I experienced deja vu a lot. I didn't assume it would basically be a true remake of the original film, save for changing the McGuffin.
    Last edited by Gone2Disneyland; 08-05-2012 at 04:58 PM. Reason: No posted since my last post, so I added Total Recall

• secure all cargo

Stir Crazy. So popular when I was growing up, yet somehow I missed it. It seemed like maybe a few scenes got cut because characters would be acting as if something had happened that clearly was not show onscreen, but other than that it was pretty funny. JoBeth Williams, wow, I have a crush now.

The Blues Brothers. Over the years this had grown on me into one of my favorites. Just a lot of fun. I love that a Vatican publication described it as a being a Catholic movie.

Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2. Movie night with the kids, and this is what they chose. I'm not going to encourage them to see part 1, but it was cute.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

MISSION:IMPOSSIBLE III -- ​Completely forgot everything in this film having only seen it once in theaters. I like it! Not as much as Ghost Protocol but it was definitely a decent action thriller.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Disneyland PAP

Walt: The Man Behind the Myth - A friend said she's seen this on TV recently. I pulled my DVD out to watch. Funny thing watching it this time is I started tearing up about half way through because I knew how emotional it gets when folks reflect during Walt passing. Starting watching some of the bonus material too; forgot how much video interviews there are to still watch!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

The Sunshine Boys. Rerun on HBO this week. Great movie featuring Walter Matthau and George Burns as aging vaudeville partners getting together after a long estrangement. Another Neil Simon effort.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• -

Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Valley Cultural Center was playing that as one of their "Movies on the Green" this summer at Warner Center Park. I haven't sat through the entire thing in years, but is still just as great as ever. Seeing it up on a big screen was awesome.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• secure all cargo

Batman Begins. Even though I think The Dark Knight is the better made film, I still enjoy this one the most, maybe because I prefer the theme of fear, and because I just liked seeing Batman's origins.

The Dark Knight. It's a bit eerie to watch this one now given recent events, and it's hard to hear Joker say certain lines and not think that guy probably thought those same things and got off on it. Well, none of that takes away how great this movie is. The tension just builds and builds, almost like it were a drama first and an action film second.

The Dark Knight Rises. I liked it a lot, probably more than The Avengers (which is funny because when Iron Man and Dark Knight came out the same summer I liked Iron Man more). From the commercials I wasn't sure I was going to like Catwoman, or The Cat, but I did.
    Spoiler
    I wondered a couple times to myself what was the point of Joseph Gordon-Levitt, but the reveal at the end wrapped it all up for me. And the twist revelation of Talia Al Ghul really surprised me. On a side note, I did think it would have been more appropriate to the character of Batman if he just died, but I get that the final scene also made sense for both Alfred and Wayne so it still worked for me.

Edit: Way too many spoilers, man. -Coheteboy
    Last edited by Coheteboy; 08-13-2012 at 10:20 AM.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Infinitized!

I gotta get back into watching some movies after two weeks of Olympics. However, I really am missing the games right now. Might have to download some clips from iTunes.

• Disneyland PAP

Disneyland: Secrets, Stories & Magic & People and Places: Disneyland U.S.A. - I've owned this Walt Disney Treasures' title Disneyland: Secrets, Stories & Magic since it hit stores in 2010. When I bought it, I only watched the main feature. I re-watched over the weekend and this time looked thoroughly through the bonus material. WOW! Disneyland U.S.A. is awesome!! It's like watching Disneyland as a one year old baby! I also watched "The Golden Horseshoe Revue" episode of the Disneyland TV series on disc 2 as well. Can you say "permagrin"?

• Minion

Saw Paranorman last night. Very impressed, had a lot more depth to the story then you'd expect and it's a much better "Salem Witch Trials affecting modern day" story then Hocus Pocus was.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• -

Puss in Boots. I thought it was a cute movie and my kids loved it.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Hunger Games. I wanted to read the books first. I really liked them, so I picked up the DVD on my way home from work last night. Pretty good movie too. I could see what they cut and/or changed from the book but could see why they did. Looking forward to Catching Fire!

Bourne Legacy.

A bit thin on plot. Visually a lot of fun, at least until the final chase scene, which I found choppy and disjointed due to the frequent edit cuts. Great visuals at the beginning.

Some moments I found I was amused, though I don't think the makers intended it to be so. My hubby appeared caught up in the movie, but I was nearly laughing.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Disneyland PAP

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - Every time I re-watch this, I'm always in the mindset of a 1937 moviegoer whose only cartoon reference are very short Betty Boop and Mickey Mouse cartoons full of gags. Then I'm always blown away from start to finish. Disney showed them, didn't he!

Live Free and Die Hard - Someone brought up the Die Hard movies. I'd only seen the first two and that was when they were first in theatres. I decided to watch the last one, and WOW what a awesomely fun movie! I've been doing some reading about the previous ones and the upcoming fifth one. I hardly remember the second one, so the mixed to bad reviews I've found about it must be why. But I'm itching to watch at least the first one again.