Page 159 of 196 FirstFirst ... 59109134149156157158159160161162169184 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2926

• Infinitized!

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Saw a bunch since last week. Saw three in the theater while I was celebrating my birthday in Kelowna...

Ted - I went in not expecting much, but loved it. Lots of laughs in this one. Got a good laugh when I heard who was narrating it, having spoken with him personally just 4 months ago.

The Bourne Legacy - Very good installment. Don't go in expecting the same as the first three. This one is a little different. It will be interesting to see what they do with this franchise now, i.e. will they bring Matt Damon back to have a showdown with Jeremy Renner's character?

The Expendables 2 - Had a blast. Lots of jokes and references to the actors' old movies. Included a great Chuck Norris fact. Great action sequences in this one. I think I may have liked it better than the first.

On Blu-Ray...

Meatballs - An Ivan Reitman classic. Love it at the beginning when Bill Murray tells the reporter about Sexual Awareness week.

The Hunger Games - First time seeing it. Pretty good movie. But if it is considered a kids movie, it's pretty brutal. Just think if 'Survivor' was like this in real life.

I realized I still haven't got out to see Brave yet. I'm hoping I can catch it somewhere if it's still playing. I may have to catch it at the 2nd run theater.

• secure all cargo

Down To Earth. It was playing on TCM and I love Rita Hayworth so I impulse-watched it. Despite a few awkwardly written scenes, it's a fun musical.

Key Largo. A lot of classic films from this time have what I think today seem like pretty basic plots, but it usually is the characters that make these interesting, and the set-up for this film really gives the characters a chance to reveal themselves. The performance for the alcoholic character is devastating.

Willie Wonka And The Chocolate Factory. Another one I watched on TV spur-of-the-moment. I never get tired of this. Everyone is so good in this.

Cover Girl. I like Fred and Rita a bit better than Fred and Ginger, and I like Gene better than Fred, so I've always wanted to see this movie because it has the only pairing of Rita and Gene. I was hoping for more of them together but it's a lot more of Rita's character's story, not as much Gene Kelly although there is a fun bit of him dancing with his reflection.

Sorry for all the spoilers in my previous entry!
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Disneyland PAP

Pocahontas - This morning I read this Blu-ray.com article on the production history of Disney's film. Inspired me to pop in my DVD to watch again. I never connected with it the first time, and it's even harder to enjoy this now. I think I can't get past both the poetic license of Disney aging up Pocahontas and having her talk with animals. There are other reasons, but it starts with those two choices. By comparison, I love Mulan!

• -

The Lorax. I found it to be just "OK", but my kids liked it so that was a good thing.

I also just watched the blue ray version of The Last Starfighter. Wow, did that ever bring back memories of childhood!
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

• Minion

Mulan - Great film, sometimes I feel it gets forgotten too much. And Mushu is so much better than 'Donkey'

Mamma Mia! - always manages to put a smile on your face.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    Mulan - Great film, sometimes I feel it gets forgotten too much. And Mushu is so much better than 'Donkey'

That was definitely one of the reasons I really disliked Shrek.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Circle of Ancients

Red Tails

I gave it 10 minutes, but seeing an overload of CGI in what was supposed to be a historical film just killed it for me. It honestly felt like I was watching a video game. Not to even mention the dialogue was TERRIBLE. Sad, this could have/should have been so good.

George ... STOP with the CGI.

• Disneyland PAP

^ So sad to hear that. The trailer looked so promising! But the reviews were disheartening. I might've given this a chance at some point, but after reading your post, less so.

Johnny Carson: King of Late Night - I'm not sure if I should put this here or the Television thread, but it's out on video, and I'm logged in here anyway... I actually watched the full documentary online at the PBS site. After Phyllis Diller passed away, I'd pulled out my DVD set of The Best of The Tonight Show to watch. I thought she was among the clips but she wasn't. But it obviously put Johnny on my mind, and I found out about this documentary. Very enlightening material is revealed about the host, stuff I never knew about. He had a dark side, but they also included candid interviews where he spoke of some of that, his drinking and his mother's apparent aloofness at his success. It was interesting to see what Leno, Letterman, Rivers, Shandling, Drew Carey (he tears up talking about his debut on the show), Arsenio and others said about the man. Glad I watched it.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I was mildly entertained by Red Tails but not in the best way. It does have an overly-polished feel but I don't think it felt like a video game. There's some movies that really DO feel like a video game though and that definitely pulls me out.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post

Mamma Mia! - always manages to put a smile on your face.
    Except when the male lead tries to sing. ARRGGGHHH!

I LOVE ABBA.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Disneyland PAP

The Raid: Redemption - Holy Schnikies!! What a hilariously over the top, violent, fun, funny martial arts film! A friend invited a handful of us over to watch this on Blu-ray and WOW! He'd seen it in theatres and didn't want us to miss out on it. I'm not usually one for violent movies, but this one's along the lines of Kill Bill and Kung Fu Hustle (but with a more serious tone than KFH). The dubbed version seemed to be the default version to watch, but it wasn't a bad dub. We think it was made in Malaysia or Indochina. If you enjoy these kinds of movies, check it out.

• "Always On The Move..."

Galaxy Quest ​This is one of my stop everything and watch films. It just never gets old. Also being a convention rat I REALLY enjoyed all of the in jokes. Never Give Up.... Never Surrender!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• -

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaStitch View Post
    Galaxy Quest ​This is one of my stop everything and watch films. It just never gets old. Also being a convention rat I REALLY enjoyed all of the in jokes. Never Give Up.... Never Surrender!!!
    One of my all time favorites. In fa t, my wife and I were just quoting it to each other tonight.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

• Infinitized!

On Blu-Ray:

The Rescuers - PQ and SQ are great! It was good to revisit this one.

Battleship - Mindless, cheesy fun. Not as bad as some reviewers made it out to be.

At the Theater:

Brave 3D - probably the only movie I had left to see from this summer. I really enjoyed it. Did feel like Brother Bear though.

• Disneyland PAP

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - Was on TV last night. It's my favorite movie of the series. It took old steps artistically from Columbus's first two films and it's based on my favorite book of the series. Makes me want to pull out the book to read again.

Kung Fu Hustle - Watched it on Blu-ray with my Dad. He enjoyed it. I have to admit tho' I didn't enjoy it as much this time around. It was a lot more fun seeing the weirdness unfold during a virgin experience.

Foolproof - This was on TV too. Never heard of it before but Ryan Reynolds and David Suchet in a movie together!? It was entertaining enough for a lazy Labor Day weekend afternoon.