Page 160 of 186 FirstFirst ... 60110150157158159160161162163170 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 2782

• Disneyland PAP

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - Was on TV last night. It's my favorite movie of the series. It took old steps artistically from Columbus's first two films and it's based on my favorite book of the series. Makes me want to pull out the book to read again.

Kung Fu Hustle - Watched it on Blu-ray with my Dad. He enjoyed it. I have to admit tho' I didn't enjoy it as much this time around. It was a lot more fun seeing the weirdness unfold during a virgin experience.

Foolproof - This was on TV too. Never heard of it before but Ryan Reynolds and David Suchet in a movie together!? It was entertaining enough for a lazy Labor Day weekend afternoon.

• -

The American - Wow... let's just say that this movie was way overhyped. The only thing good about this movie was all the skin. Other than that I really didn't care for it. I found it very predictable from the beginning.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Infinitized!

On Blu-Ray:
    Being John Malkovich - Just the 2nd time watching it. Picked up the Criterion release a few months ago. It's funny, original, unique. I'm not even sure what genre this fits in. Comedy for sure. Maybe a little sci-fi too?

Jaws - Looks and sounds awesome on Blu. That damned shark still makes me jump. One of Spielberg's best. Hoping the release of ET looks this good.

• -

Raiders of the Lost Ark. This looked so awesome in IMAX. If there was ever a movie that was ade for this format, this was it. The print looked so clean and the movie really stood the test of time. It was great to see it on the big screen again.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• secure all cargo

Yes, Madam. Was watching some old interview with Quentin Tarantino and Jet Li and they were talking about Michelle Yeoh while showing a clip from this film, so I had to see it. There's a lot of the usual Hong Kong schtick, police tough-talk cliche's, and confusing writing (could be the subtitles lost some things in translation), and all the actors seem to be yelling all the time, but the reason to watch this is the fantastic fight scene at the end. I read this was Michelle Yeoh's debut.

The Heroic Trio
    . Well I've wanted to see this for a while because it unites Michelle Yeoh, Maggie Cheung, and Anita Mui, and it was pretty popular when it came out. I must have seen a different film. Way too goofy and B-movie for me and I didn't find the action to be very good. However, this was dubbed, and generally dubbing tends to take me out of the movie, so I'll blame part of my dislike on this.

Executioners. This is the less-regarded sequel to Heroic Trio, why I watched it I don't know but actually it turned out I liked it. Whereas the first film is set in everyday society, this film adds a Road Warrior twist in that it is now post-apocalyptic. I really got into the world it created with it's warring factions and politics, and the characters have a lot more to do. There's less fight choreography but what was filmed seemed a lot crisper. I note that for some reason Miramax dubbed Heroic Trio but subtitled Executioners.

The Other Guys. Saw this again. This time I realized the fact Mark Wahlberg's character is always angry kind of wears on me a bit, but he is pretty funny and he and Will Ferrell are really good together.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

THE LABYRINTH -- Yah I know I know... first time watching it. But all I remember is seeing how weird David Bowie looked on the cover was immediately disinterested. How is a kid supposed to know he's a famous singer?? Anyway... I thought it was okay. I liked the puppetry but always found David Bowie's character very... lacking in both motivation and personality.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Raiders of the Lost Ark. This looked so awesome in IMAX. If there was ever a movie that was ade for this format, this was it. The print looked so clean and the movie really stood the test of time. It was great to see it on the big screen again.
    I was excited about seeing this, until I discovered my local true IMAX theatre wasn't screening it. They're playing The Dark Knight Rises this week. It is playing at an AMC Theatre in their IMAX screen, but imo there is such a noticeable difference in audio and video experience at AMC IMAX screens versus those theatres that are true IMAX houses. I have friends who want to go, so I may see it if there's a group outing. Otherwise, I'll just wait to see them on Blu-ray. :/

Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein - My friend let me know about this screening of the movie at the Fox Theatre in Pomona yesterday. I wouldn't've bothered going, since my copy of the new Blu-ray arrived in my mail last week. But there was also going to be members of Chaney and Lugosi's families there, with Ron Chaney, grandson of Lon Chaney, Jr., and Bela Lugosi, Jr. taking the stage with a pair industry make-up pros to talk before the screening. It wasn't that well attended, but there were nice anecdotes shared by the men, plus the theatre is beautiful, built in the 1920's. There were about 20 or so people who had never seen the film, so it was also nice to hear their laughter during the movie.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    I was excited about seeing this, until I discovered my local true IMAX theatre wasn't screening it. They're playing The Dark Knight Rises this week. It is playing at an AMC Theatre in their IMAX screen, but imo there is such a noticeable difference in audio and video experience at AMC IMAX screens versus those theatres that are true IMAX houses. I have friends who want to go, so I may see it if there's a group outing. Otherwise, I'll just wait to see them on Blu-ray. :/
    Trust me, even the not true IMAX will be worth it for the experience. The picture still looks 10 times better than it did when it was first playing in theaters.

• Infinitized!

At the theater:
    Raiders of the Lost Ark IMAX - Awesome! If you have it playing near you, go see it as it's only playing this week. John Williams' score over those big beautiful IMAX speakers... pure bliss. And I got to snagged four 11"x17" posters they were giving our for free! The picture is so clear, you can now actually see the little figure of Indy hugging the submarine's periscope as it's heading into the submarine base.

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Trust me, even the not true IMAX will be worth it for the experience. The picture still looks 10 times better than it did when it was first playing in theaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    At the theater:
    Raiders of the Lost Ark IMAX - Awesome! If you have it playing near you, go see it as it's only playing this week. John Williams' score over those big beautiful IMAX speakers... pure bliss. And I got to snagged four 11"x17" posters they were giving our for free! The picture is so clear, you can now actually see the little figure of Indy hugging the submarine's periscope as it's heading into the submarine base.
    Raiders of the Lost Ark in IMAX - Alright, alright, you twisted my arm! So I caught a matinee today and yes, it's looks great!!! The sound was great too, lots of ambient noises can be hear here and there throughout the film. The AMC I went to was still not the optimal venue to watch it in IMAX, but I agree with you guys, it looks great!

9/11 - I've owned this DVD for a couple of years, but I finally unwrapped it and watched it yesterday. The beginning was very emotional to watch, knowing what was to come and also be aware of the mindset of men who had no idea what was about to happen as they entered Tower One. And there were many profound conclusions some of these firefighters made during their individual interviews that left me numb and dazed after seeing the film.

• MiceChat Moderator

THE GREEN MILE -- I felt like revisiting the film that Michael Clarke Duncan got his big break in and it was a complete joy to watch all over again. I didn't realize I had forgot so much of what happened in this movie that it was like watching it all over again. The guy who plays Percy... still so hateable.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    THE GREEN MILE -- I felt like revisiting the film.
    I don't have this one yet in my Blu-ray collection and tis one I'd like to see again. I noticed yesterday Best Buy has a Digibook of it so I may pick it up.

On Blu-Ray, I watched...
    Under Seige - Still a fun movie. Better than Battleship.

Titanic - Afterall these years I still have mixed feelings about this one. There's some really, really great sequences, but some stick out like a sore thumb, probably because of the script (kinda like Indy 4). In a few scenes some things feel like they are out of proportion (the physical stage (ship) they used compared with the CGI engines and props - something just doesn't jive and feels out of proportion). Otherwise, the PQ and AQ on the Blu-Ray is excellent. I didn't pick-up the 3D version though, just the 2D combo.

Ghosts of the Abyss
    - Cameron's follow-up to Titanic, also ensured Disney got a piece of the Titanic pie. Good movie showing more footage of the Titanic wreck. Coincidence that this Blu-Ray was released on Sept 11, and the events of 9/11 happened while they were shooting at the Titanic wreck site 11 years earlier.

• Circle of Ancients

Contagion

I thought it was good. Maybe not as action oriented as Outbreak but kind of in the same vein. Not sure if this one was more believable, but it's certainly interesting. I did feel the need to take a shower when I was done watching.

• MiceChat Moderator

THE HUNGER GAMES -- Maybe it should be renamed THE BOREDOM GAMES. This movie was unnecessarily slow and perhaps 20 minutes too long. I mean... it was okay but it just didn't mesmerize me. I'll see the next one if the trailers look good but I'm sooo just not excited about it all.

• -

Ferris Bueller's Day Off Never fails to entertain no matter how many times I see this movie.