Page 161 of 191 FirstFirst ... 61111136151158159160161162163164171186 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2858

• Goofy

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

resident evil. i am suprised how short the movie was. but still the action was great and it is still pretty good in my view. i can't wait for part 6.

TED, man was that movie raunchy but it gives you some really good laughs

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Muppets Take Manhattan was on the Hub the other night, so we watched the second half. Forgot how fun that movie it!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Disneyland PAP

The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1 - Just got home from a screening at the Paley Center in Beverly Hills of this Blu-ray/DVD release coming out tomorrow. I couldn't believe it, but it was absolutely awesome! From pacing to character design to voice casting to musical underscore, it was imo the best of the DCU animated movies. I had low expectations so that might have something to do with it, but the Batman fans in the house (I estimate about 50 of us plus the invited media and cast and crew fitting into the 120-ish screening room) all loved it. There were also a lot of genuine (and maybe a few unfortunate) laughs throughout the movie, most are lines from the original graphic novel that are just read perfectly or timed just right. There was a panel discussion afterwards with the voice actors Peter Weller, Ariel Winter and David Selby and the regulars (Timm, Romano, director and writer) that was entertaining too.

• Infinitized!

On Blu-Ray:

The Avengers - What can I say, lots of fun. Bring on more Marvel! I just wish I had this in my hands back in April for Stan Lee to sign at the local Comic Expo. At least I got to see him from a distance.

At the theater:
    Finding Nemo 3D - Couldn't be more beautiful. Come to think of it, I missed it on it's first theatrical run so this was the first time I saw it on the big screen. Beautiful!

• secure all cargo

Jiro Dreams of Sushi. Well reviewed documentary about the guy widely regarded as the best sushi chef in the world. Made me drool, but much more than that it's a really interesting look at a guy who is basically OCD about making sushi, the impact that has on himself, his restaurant (seats only 10 or something like that and books a year in advance), and his 2 middle age sons also in the business.

The Great Happiness Space. Netflix recommended this based on the above film. Really fascinating documentary about a male host bar in Japan. I've read about hostess bars and how they are so ingrained in Japanese work culture that if a husband comes home late and the wife suspiciously asks where he's been, if he says a hostess bar, the wife will sigh relief. Huh? Well anyway, up til this doc, I didn't know there were male hosts also (but guess it shouldn't surprise me). Anyway, the movie is so implicitly tragic, seeing these guys who on some level really are pretty intelligent and hard-working, but seem to be stuck in this world where there main job is to lie to women, and they seem to both relish and despise it. But then halfway through the film a big twist is subtly introduced, and you realize the women are just as aware of playing the game and yet they continue to do it.

Thor. My wife loves this movie (yes, she loves Chris Hemsworth). I think she is actually a bigger Avenger fan than me. I'd probably say this is my second favorite Avenger film.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK -- On blu-ray, looks better than ever and STILL very entertaining. I'd have to say my least favorite parts are the Map Room - Well of Souls as it's just kind of slower there but it's all great. The writing, the relationships, the humor... just perfect.

PARANORMAN -- So impressed with this stop motion film. It's beautiful watch and funny with the right amount of scares. Absolutely loved it. I recommend, especially since it's kind of Halloween now.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• -

E.T. Just saw it tonight. It's been a long time and I forgot how emotional the movie is. Great to see it on the big screen again.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

African Cats. Great movie. I love these new Disney Nature films, especially in Blu-Ray. Its like a nod to the treasured True Life Adventure films of yesteryear. And having the man Samuel L Jackson narrating this one made it all that much better.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

Just watched "Marley & Me" for like the fifth time and it always gets the water works going. I just love that dog gone movie. Forever & always.

Here's Marley reincarnated.....

Name:  Captain Jack.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  78.4 KB
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Disneyland PAP

Last Friday's Global James Bond Day got me out of my Mickey's Halloween Party mood and into watching James Bond flicks over the weekend. I own the first four Bonds on Blu-ray plus a smattering of others. I've gotten through the first three so far.

Dr. No - A raw, work-in-progress film you could say for the producers' and director's first attempt to get the character of James Bond "right" for the big screen. Not a bad movie, but the next one I like better.

From Russia With Love - The producers, the director and Connery show off a lot more confidence I think in this second Bond film. I enjoy this script better than the first as well.

Goldfinger - Friends are surprised to learn this is my least favorite of my favorite Connery Bond films. Just watched this again yesterday and I think it's just that the film is brasher about its self-confidence. I know it made a mint at the box office when it was debuted, and I bet I enjoyed it fine when I first saw it on television. But there's a lot taken for granted in the story, at least watching it in today's times.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    African Cats. Great movie. I love these new Disney Nature films, especially in Blu-Ray. Its like a nod to the treasured True Life Adventure films of yesteryear. And having the man Samuel L Jackson narrating this one made it all that much better.
    Was he wearing his eyepatch or carrying his purple lightsaber?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Neither. Just the voice.

• Goofy

i just saw frankeen weenie and i was completely bored during the whole movie. so dissapointed. the other one was hotel trannselvania and i enjoyed that so much more and it was decently funny. i would love to see a sequel to that. a little draggy but still entertaining.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

WRECK-IT RALPH -- Disney's got another winner on their hands but it might not appeal to the older generation that never played video games. A lot of the humor and fun comes with understanding the world. But despite it all, buried underneath is a lot of heart. It's ultimately a tale of bullies and standing up to live a better life and I think that will resonate beyond all else. I WRECK-ommmend it.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html