Page 162 of 190 FirstFirst ... 62112137152159160161162163164165172187 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2840

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Star Wars Episodes 1 - 3. Episodes 4 - 6 will be later tonight.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

Rented Dark Shadows last night. About as uneven as a movie can get. Some thought it failed at the Box Office because for most of its run it was up against The Avengers. No, it just wasn't that good of a movie.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• secure all cargo

Flash Point. I loved it. Donnie Yen is totally awesome. The fights are raw and powerful, even emotional, and the end chase is shot with these really unusual non-CGI aerial and panoramic angles that make you really appreciate the choreography involved.

Dante's Inferno. (1935) Spencer Tracy morality tale that I read he hated. I thought it was alright. There's a surprising 10 minute sequence depicting hell that I guess this film is known for. WARNING: Tracy appears in blackface early in the movie. It's kinda shocking how normal this was back then.

Big Fan. Pretty good movie about a guy obsessed with the New York Giants at the expense of the rest of his life, and what happens when he meets finally meets the star QB whom he idolizes. Patton Oswalt is really good in this.

Salt. I'm not sure why I watched this again because I thought it was just OK first time. For some reason I just can't get into the character much.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• -

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance What a piece of crap this movie was. I found the first one to just be "OK", and hoped that this one would be better. It was 10 times worse. For some reason I actually stuck it out until the end. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. Giant waste of time.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance What a piece of crap this movie was. I found the first one to just be "OK", and hoped that this one would be better. It was 10 times worse. For some reason I actually stuck it out until the end. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. Giant waste of time.
    Couldn't agree with you more on that one.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

THE BOONDOCK SAINTS​ -- Haven't seen it in a long time but revisited... I forgot how randomly funny it was.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Knight that says Nee!!

"Hotel Transylvania". It was a fun spoof of the old classic monster movie genre mixed with a nice father/daughter coming of age story.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES III -- I never saw this in the theaters or home video because i heard how bad it was and it LOOKED bad. Well.. it is... but it's like.... the "bad" that kids might confuse for AWESOME. It's like that. Some of the jokes are funny enough but overall just weak. The voice acting paired with the ugly masks really make it awful for me actually.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Circle of Ancients

Dark Shadows

I don't think it was as terrible as others have said, but on the other side it wasn't great either. It was just "there" like most of Tim Burton's movies these days.

• Still lost in Neverland

"How To Train Your Dragon". I know this is an older movie from 2010 but I am very far behind in watching my DVD's. I got the Blu Ray version when it came out, along with the 2nd movie as well. I am just now deciding to go ahead and watch is as I am hooked on the TV series Dragons Of Berk and wanted to know how it all started. I am so in love with this movie (I love Dragons) that I just think it is the best animated feature from Dreamworks, period. In fact it's probably better than most Disney Animated Features from that same time period. The art, animation and story are all way up there and even the voices are perfect for each character. I plan to watch the 2nd movie today. I am now very sorry I didn't see this in the theater in 3-D as it looks just amazing. I hope they keep the franchise going with the TV series. And I hope that comes out on Blu Ray as well. Can't get enough of it.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Circle of Ancients

John Carter

I skipped the middle 1/3 of the movie and I don't think I really missed anything. Just wanted to really see how it would end. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    John Carter

I skipped the middle 1/3 of the movie and I don't think I really missed anything. Just wanted to really see how it would end. LOL
    Its really sad that two of the movies this year that really bombed at the box office starred the same guy.

In spirit of the holiday this month, I just watched the first 2 movies of the Mummy Trilogy. Just wasn't in the mood to watch the third one with Jet Li. I'm anxious to watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy on Blu-Ray, but I'm waiting till around the time that The Hobbit comes out. And then there's the Die Hard movies, but the next one comes out in February. So between now & then, I'm running out of movie series.

• Circle of Ancients

American Reunion

Nowhere near as funny as the first or second one. Thought it was maybe a little better than American Wedding but it's been awhile since I've seen that one. Like the others though, it's the relationship between Jim and his Dad that are probably the best scenes in the movie.

I saw the unrated one. Though there are some "TNA", the one thing that caught me off guard was
    Spoiler
    the shot of Jason Biggs shlong. I forget the reason why he doesn't have pants at the time, though I think it was because of his younger neighbor trying to seduce him. But he was hiding out in the kitchen when Michelle (Alyson Hannigan) & her friend walk in. Jim tries to hide his thing with a pan lid, not realizing it was glass.
    Last edited by stitchfanocala; 10-21-2012 at 08:44 AM.

• -

21 Jump Street What a piece of crap this movie was. I was a huge fan of the show when I was growing up and this definitely did not do it justice. Thankfully it was only on cable so I didn't have to pay for it.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."