Page 166 of 191 FirstFirst ... 66116141156163164165166167168169176 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 2858

• Circle of Ancients

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

A couple of oldies yesterday:

Raiders of the Lost Ark (Blu Ray)

I had picked up the Blu Ray's a few weeks ago and decided to watch Raiders yesterday. Looks absolutely AMAZING on Blu Ray. In all ways it looks like a movie that could be made today, the good ones have a tendency to hold up. If ever there was a timeless movie this is one.

Highlander

Came across this one on cable, hadn't seen it in a few years. Still a load of fun but the music does actually make this one feel a bit dated.

Excalibur

One of my favorites from my childhood and it's still fun to watch. I love coming across old movies I haven't seen in awhile in cable.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    LINCOLN

Stay through the end credits for the seemingly out of place "Distributed by Walt Disney Studios" since they own Touchstone and distribute all live-action Dreamworks movies.
    Well it could be based on one of their park attractions...

• Disneyland PAP

Never Say Never Again - I've been having the itch to see this again over the past couple of weeks of watching James Bond movies old and new. I can't even really call this a guilty pleasure, more of an odd curiosity, just something that's interesting to take note of in the James Bond film history. Like seeing Harrison Ford in Crystal Skull, seeing Connery back in the role, for what it's worth, is really the only plus side to owning it.

Casablanca - Watched this on Blu-ray today for the first of surely many times! What a great film.

Flubber - This movie is very very bad. I can forgive a lot, but there is so much in this one that I just can't forgive.

Toy Story 3 - The scene at the end, when Andy is giving his toys to that girl and while he's talking to her, the camera is on the toys, and slowly pushing in. It still makes me a bit weepy.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• secure all cargo

Kill Zone. Between this and Flash Point, this is the better regarded collaboration by Donnie Yen and the director. It was alright, but I actually liked Flash Point a lot better. One of my common complaints about a lot of the "serious" Hong Kong and Chinese films I see is that I don't feel like they set up the characters well enough where you can see why they make certain decisions later. That could be difficulties in translating, or lazy writing or subtitling, or maybe I just can't keep up. In any case, in Kill Zone not only do a couple of characters make decisions that came slightly out of left field, but something happens at the very end that just seemed to occur for no apparent reason to the plot.

Infernal Affairs. On the other hand, there is nothing lazy about Infernal Affairs. This is the movie that The Departed was based on and it's just as intelligent. It's been a long time since I saw The Departed, but with a couple exceptions it seems like most of the major plot points and events are pretty much the same. Although I found the logic of the different ending a bit off, I actually kinda like this one better than The Departed, I thought the characters were more interesting and Tony Leung is much better than Leonardo DiCaprio. The remake just seemed a bit more distant whereas the original version, even though I knew a lot of what was coming already having seen The Departed first, just was more involving to me.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

LIFE OF PI -- Ang Lee manages to film the unfilmable and it's a visionary achievement in film. The result is a great story but might be tough to sit through for some viewers (might be too slow/artsy). Definitely check it out if you want a headstart on your Oscar nominations though.

BRAVE -- Seeing it for the second time, the flaws are still rather apparent. There's too much unnecessary slapstick and without a solid intelligent male character to boot, it's the weakest effort from Pixar in my opinion and it shows that two different sets of directors had their hands on it.

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE GHOST PROTOCOL -- Still very entertaining! Watched it a ton now.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

WRECK-IT RALPH-Third time seeing it and I still love it! The comedy is great, I like the characters, I love the music, the video game references, and Vanellopee's comic timing! Great film!!!

• I'm not really here

Skyfall - Really great Bond film. Amazing job by Javier Bardem as the villain... everyone else was great too, and an awesome story.

Breaking Dawn Part 2
    - Should be required watching at film school followed by a paper titled "How not to direct a movie." Some of the worst acting from good actors I've ever seen. Horrible editing, ridiculous sound design, useless scenes, etc etc. I could pick this one apart for hours. The books aren't that great either, but the films far short of that mark even.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• -

Finally got the Back to the Future blurays and watched the first one. It is amazing how good a 27 year old movie looks in HD.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• secure all cargo

The Expendables 2. Missed this in the theaters. I liked the first one a lot, but I never felt like it really captured the whole 80's action film vibe. I think they fixed that with this new one. Lots of 80's one-liners and humor, really fun references, ridiculous 80's plot line, even the finale just plain looked 80's because of the contemporary architecture. One of the best parts is Jean-Claude Van Damme, he chews the scenery. Only problem - where in the heck was Jet Li?

First Blood. Coincidentally, this was on TV a couple days later, so I watched it again for the umpteenth time. Really good film, well directed, great location shots, interesting story, and a really underrated performance by Stallone.

Rambo: First Blood Part II. I haven't seen this in years. As popular as this was, I remember seeing it in the theaters and thinking it was pretty bad compared to the first one. Seeing it again this time, the contrast between this and the first one is so vast, the first is good filmmaking, this one however is just B-movie campy. What were they thinking? The only thing I really enjoyed this time was the ending helicopter chase, which I noticed in the credits was entirely directed by the second unit director.

Rambo III. I have never seen this until now. It's hard to see a 20 year old action movie for the first time and be excited by the action which is by now dated and not nearly as violent in today's world as it was back then. Anyway, I guess it was a small improvement over part 2. Now I know where they got the plot for Rambo 4.

Not planning to get to Rambo 4. I've already seen it 2x's in a row recently, and even though I liked it, don't need to revisit it so soon.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Your Highness - It was actually pretty funny in a slapstick kinda way.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

I saw it last Monday at a 48 FPS 3D screening at WB.

Being a huge LOTR fan I highly enjoyed it. I knew Peter Jackson was going to add some Silmarillion stuff in the movie, but It was everywhere. I mean I feel like it was half Sim. half Hobbit.

It didn't feel long for 2hr and 43min. Though, there are lots of more talking scenes compartative to LOTR.

I hate the "Soup Opera" effect you get when watching tv on HD tvs. The whole movie looked like this due to the 48 FPS. It took about an hour to get used to, after that it wasn't that bad. If given a chance to see it again, I would definetly stick with 24 FPS.

Well, have to wait another year for part 2!
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Linus View Post
    The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

I saw it last Monday at a 48 FPS 3D screening at WB.

Being a huge LOTR fan I highly enjoyed it. I knew Peter Jackson was going to add some Silmarillion stuff in the movie, but It was everywhere. I mean I feel like it was half Sim. half Hobbit.

It didn't feel long for 2hr and 43min. Though, there are lots of more talking scenes compartative to LOTR.

I hate the "Soup Opera" effect you get when watching tv on HD tvs. The whole movie looked like this due to the 48 FPS. It took about an hour to get used to, after that it wasn't that bad. If given a chance to see it again, I would definetly stick with 24 FPS.

Well, have to wait another year for part 2!
    Oh I'm glad you posted Linus...

My 8 year old for some odd reason really wants to see this. Maybe it's because when the last movie was out, I was 8 months pregnant with him and sat through all 3 hours of it (was torture but I had to...)

I'm more worried about it being almost 3 hours long as he has the attention span of a fly but he seems to understand the length and just really likes the trailers he's seen. Did you see any children in the theatre or what is your take on violent content or maybe language, even though it is PG-13.

He has sat through movies before. He say through Avengers fine.

• Circle of Ancients

We are going at midnight tonight. 2D/24fps for us. I'll probably go see the 48fps/3D at some point but I'm in no rush.

• -

Just watched the God Father Trilogy on Bluray. These are some of the greatest movies ever (even the third one which seems out of place with the original two) and look even better cleaned up in the bluray editions.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."