Page 167 of 191 FirstFirst ... 67117142157164165166167168169170177 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 2854

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY -- Saw it IMAX 3D, standard frame rate and thought it was an excellent film. My main problems were not film related but theater related:

-it was never in focus
    -we never got our 9 minute Star Trek Trailer. Nor ANY trailer for that matter.
    -90 seconds before the film ended the projector overheated and stopped.

I feel like I got the most of it and they did give us the posters and a refund so overall, I think maybe it was a good thing. I'm interested in seeing the high frame rate if I do it again.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• keh!

The Hobbit

I thought it moved a little slow in the beginning but when things started to pick up, the action was incredible to follow. I really enjoyed it.

I saw it in HFR 3D... AMAZING. I felt like I was watching a play rather than a movie. I have never seen a movie image so clear. It was strange because at times it looked as if it was in fast motion, but it was just that there are so many frames. I definitely want to see the next two Hobbit films in HFR. Also, Gollum looks incredible in HFR! I couldn't keep my eyes off the screen. Great CG work!

• Disneyland PAP

March of the Wooden Soldiers - Only my second time watching it, but I think this is gonna be a new annual holiday tradition. I chose to watch the black and white version over the colorized one.

Abbott & Costello Meet the Keystone Kops - The second-to-the-last film to watch in my A&C Universal Pictures Collection boxed set, I'd never seen it before and I loved it!

The Wizard of Oz - My mom bought the family tickets to watch a production of this at the PCPA Theatrefest over Thanksgiving weekend. It's an adaptation of the film, and while it was nice, all the way through I kept thinking, "I want to watch the movie now. I want to watch the movie." Finally did. And I may even have shed a tear or two while watching it. So good. So perfect.

Argo - Watched this with friends during five dollar day at the local Regal. WOW. Just WOW. What a great film! This is my first Ben Affleck-directed film I've seen, and now I realize I need to do some catching up on his recent work.

The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring & The Two Towers - Last week I tried to get through the complete motion picture trilogy before seeing The Hobbit, but failed. But I got through these two and enjoyed seeing them again. Tho' I did get more annoyed by the ineptitude of Merry and Took and even Sam once during FOTR. Liked the first more than the second. Looking forward to seeing the third soon.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - While I'm a huge Star Trek fan, I passed on seeing this in IMAX 3D, and thus missing seeing the nine-minute Star Trek Into Darkness preview, in favor of watching this in HFR 3D. I loved the HFR format!! I thought it was like viewing the movie through a View-Master: bright, saturated colors and sharp, clear images. I say more about it in the separate Hobbit thread, but I didn't feel sick watching it and I enjoyed the unique way the picture quality of HFR kicked it up a notch. But it's also not something that needs to happen for all movies.

The Muppet Christmas Carol - Just finished watching this one, the extended home video cut. I volunteer for a local theatre, and we're doing A Christmas Carol there too. Both the play and this movie still get me teary eyed darnit!! LOL Dickens would've made bank as a Hollywood screenwriter today!

• MiceChat Moderator

LES MISERABLES -- I know it's out Christmas Day but I got an early look. I know next to nothing about the original book, the musical, anything at all. That said, it has really great performances and the song Anne Hathaway sings is breathtaking. But after 2.5 hours, I forgot how to talk normal. Everything out of my mouth is in song.

• -

Superman: The Movie In anticipation of the upcoming Man of Steel I thought I would go back and watch the original Donner masterpiece. This is such a great movie and the story was so well done. It's really going to take a lot for the new movie to live up to this legacy.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Infinitized!

On Blu-Ray, I just had to...

2012 - We're doomed! Get to the arks! Yellowstone is about to blow! Woody is trying to get Twinkies out of a Hostess truck! Oh wait, that last bit was from a different movie...

• MiceChat Moderator

Tiny bit off topic but if you think you'd want the soundtrack to the new Les Miserables film, the mp3 album is only $5 on amazon today. If you never seen the film or play, there is a bit of a spoiler in the track names though towards the end.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Just watched the God Father Trilogy on Bluray. These are some of the greatest movies ever (even the third one which seems out of place with the original two) and look even better cleaned up in the bluray editions.

yeah those movies are the greatest movies ever. no movie can top it.i may be wrong.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Just saw Les Miserable.

Absolutely breathtaking and incredible. Hugh Jackman is amazing, Anne Hathaway is inspiring. See this movie.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Django Unchained....go see it. Its worth it!

• MiceChat Moderator

HOME ALONE 2: LOST IN NEW YORK -- I think as sequels goes, it is a lot of the same, but still has heart. Getting older, I prefer the non-booby trap aspects (which this go around are just so painfully over the top) a lot more. Still pretty good stuff compared to a lot of "kids" movies out there and John Williams amazing score always does the trick.

• Disneyland PAP

Disney's A Christmas Carol - I've only seen this movie these past two Christmases (on Blu-ray), but it's quickly become one of my must-see versions of Dicken's tale every holiday.

Soylent Green - I helped order this Blu-ray from Dad last year and he only this finally unwrapped it to watch over Christmas. I'd never seen it, but knew the ending. I definitely takes a lot of patience to get through, especially during any of the scenes when Charlton Heston is doing investigating, except when Leigh Taylor-Young is on screen. She's beautiful and frankly when she's around in those scenes, it's just better to look than to listen. His scenes with Edgar G. Robinson are really nice too. But Heston's acting is generally a better fit in older films than his later films.

The A-Team - My brother owns this movie on Blu, which is natural since he was a fan of TV show. I wasn't, and from the trailers, it just wasn't my kind of movie. But I finally decided to give it a looksee while I was with family on Christmas. I wasn't bowled over by it, but I did get some enjoyment from it, which is more waaaaay more than I expected.

I also watched the first twenty or thirty minutes or so of two other version of A Christmas Carol recently. I found Scrooge (1935) on YouTube. Taking into account the time it was filmed, I found the performances rather genuine and fairly less formulaic than what we've all grown up seeing as the typical performances of the main characters. So I found that refreshing. I need to make time to watch the rest of it. And I also watched a bit of Patrick Stewart's A Christmas Carol. I tried to get thru this once before years ago and couldn't. Still can't. To begin with, it's so dull to me from the start. I play his one-man show CDs every year, and his performance is so enthusiastic on them. I guess I miss that in the film. I also think he's working with a script with wonderful ideas, but those ideas just didn't play out right when acted out, at least imo. He's also too much Patrick Stewart in the role if that makes sense.

Watching Les Miserables tonight. So I may update this soon.

Les Miserables - Never seen the musical nor the movie nor read the book. Loved this! Anne Hathaway is this year's winner of the In-Your-Face Award to all the haters after they heard she was cast in this and as Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises. Her performance of I Dreamed a Dream was outstanding! Jackman, Banks and Redmayne were all great. Crowe, not so much. So funny how much crying there was in the theatre, both on screen and in the auditorium LOL! So glad I didn't miss this in theatres.
    Last edited by Gone2Disneyland; 12-27-2012 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Added Les Miz review

• Goofy

the hobit and it was a good movie to watch i liked so much. looking foward to the sequel of the hobit 2.

• Circle of Ancients

Have a few to catch up on:

Django Unchained

Amazing. Quentin Tarantino does it again. If you like his movies you are going to love this one. If you don't like his movies, then stay away. It's classic Tarantino, amazing acting, dialogue and over-the-topness that makes his movies great. Along with Hobbit it's my favorite movie of the year.

Total Recall (2012)

Totally pointless remake. I don't even think it was worth the rental.

Looper

I was really looking forward to this one, maybe a little too much. It was good, maybe even great but I had it figured out WAY too early for my liking. Would have been nice if there had been some other twist that I didn't see coming but I totally saw the entire thing coming after about the first 30-45 minutes. Still, it was a good story, good acting and cool concept.

A few days before Christmas.... "The Hobbit." It was really good and so nice to see Middle Earth again.

On Netflix.... an old movie called "Trouble in the Glen." It was okay. I only watched it for the scenery and hearing all those Scottish accents!

Also on Netflix... "Santa Claus: The Movie." Our Christmas was humid and sticky and warm... didn't feel Christmasy at all... so when it finally got cold I couldn't resist watching it.
    1981 (Off Site) / 1984 (Off Site) / 1988 (Fort Wilderness) / 1989 (Caribbean Beach Resort) / 1991 (Caribbean Beach) / 1992 (Fort Wilderness) / 1993 (Contemporary Resort) / 1996 (Disney Institute) / 2002 (All Stars Sports & Music Resort) / 2008 (Wilderness Lodge) 2009 (Wilderness Lodge)

Main Blog ---> Stuff and Nonsense