Page 170 of 191 FirstFirst ... 70120145160167168169170171172173180 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 2862

• "Always On The Move..."

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Watched Galaxy Quest in memory of Robin Sachs who passed away unexpectedly yesterday. He played the villain Sirris. Sirris is one of my all time favorite villians. He just did an excellent job with the character. RIP Robin.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• secure all cargo

The Rescuers Down Under. Been watching a lot of movies w/ the kids lately. I think the 1st Rescuers is the better made film, but I've always liked the sequel better. I love all the flying, the RAS telegraph scene, and Bernard. He's awesome.

Dolphin Tale. My oldest loved this when we saw it in the theater. It's really made the way Walt Disney used to make live action films, it's for the whole family, doesn't talk down to the kids, while at the same time it doesn't intend for anything to totally go over their heads. Great film.

Mirror, Mirror. My kids liked it. I didn't realize how much of a family film this was intended to be. There some interesting story and visual ideas. But the performances while charming are still a bit stiff, even Julia Roberts who on the one hand looks like she was having fun but on the other like she could have really chewed it up more in a good way. I read she didn't let her own kids see it yet because she thought it was a bit much, so I wonder if self-consciously she held back a bit. I think that's what it is, there's things in the film that could have been really grand, but they just didn't fully realize it.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Infinitized!

On Blu-Ray:

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter - Why couldn't they get Daniel Day-Lewis for this prequel? Instead they get a young looking Liam Neeson. Corny as hell, but actually fun. It did to American history what Inglourious Basterds did to WWII. Now if Disneyland could do a Vampire Hunter Halloween overlay for Great Moments...

I really liked Abraham Linkcoln: Vampire Hunter. Silly, and we could see the final physics-defying stunt coming, and laughed ourselves silly.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Circle of Ancients

Watched a couple more Oscar Nominated movies over the weekend:

Life of Pi

This is one I wasn't really looking forward to but it absolutely blew me away. An absolutely enchanting movie and very well done. Great effects, great story and absolutely touching. Definitely recommended.

Silver Linings Playbook

Absolutely amazing performances all the way around. I know Jennifer Lawrence is getting all of the accolades, and deservedly so, but Bradley Cooper was so good in this. I remember seeing him all the way back when he was on Alias so seeing the actor he's become is really awesome. Also, one of the unsung hero's of this movie is Chris Tucker. He was really great in this and very easily could have received a supporting actor nomination as well.

Only have 2 Best Picture movies left to watch. Lincoln (which I'm going to go see tomorrow) and Amour. I probably won't catch Amour because I really don't have any interest in watching it and it's not playing anywhere near me.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Only have 2 Best Picture movies left to watch. Lincoln (which I'm going to go see tomorrow) and Amour. I probably won't catch Amour because I really don't have any interest in watching it and it's not playing anywhere near me.
    Definitely go see Lincoln! It's absolutely fantastic and quickly became one of my favorite movies ever. Truly a masterpiece.

• secure all cargo

Side Effects. I'm still thinking about this one a couple nights after having seen it. Really good Hitchcock-like thriller that you think is going one way but with each twist starts taking you somewhere else. All of the performances are great, especially Rooney Mara and Ann Dowd. There's a lot of interesting issues regarding the mental health system that are brought up, and although the film is ultimately not about those issues, the story couldn't exist without them. Great film, really liked it.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Last weekend, the boyfriend and I rented Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. It was ok but contradicted a lot of what I've always come to feel as the "gospel" when it comes to vampires. Since when does silver kill vamps? That's for werewolves. And Vampires adapting to sunlight? No. I hated that Twilight did that (especially with the sparkling and chiming... WTF is THAT?) and I don't like it with this movie. To me, if a vamp goes out in daylight they burst info flames.

However, seeing Lincoln swinging and ax and fighting vampires was pretty bada$$.

• Circle of Ancients

Lincoln

It was good ... REALLY good. But to be honest, I just wasn't as blown away as I was for Argo, Zero Dark Thirty, Django and Life of Pi. I'm sure Spielberg will get the Director (even though I think Ben Affleck deserves it). Daniel Day Lewis will probably get best actor even though I think Bradley Cooper and Denzel were better in their respective roles.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

IDENTITY THIEF -- I wanted to like this, I really did. But the trend as of late for these comedic buddy road trip movies is always to go obsurdly beyond out of control that it ceases to be funny. I think Dumb & Dumber was the last film to do it right. Not to say this didn't have funny moments... it did. There were plenty. But I'm sure a lot more laughs went over my head because I was in shock and terror at what was going on.

It tried to be two things: cartoon comedy & heavy drama. This is an enjoyable rental but nothing you'd be happy to pay for.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Goofy

warmbodies what a decent movie it was and funny and i find that movie better than twighlight lol. twightlight rip off most of the time lol.i would see it again.

• secure all cargo

The Avengers. I think I probably liked it even better this time. I still think it was a waste of Jeremy Renner's awesome presence that they had him play Hawkeye as a zombie half the film, but other than that I found a couple of my minor quibbles from the first viewing don't seem as big a deal now or I just accepted that's how it is. I'm a little nervous about Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant Man, but generally I'm excited to see where they are going with the Marvel universe.

Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted. I haven't seen the first two but I saw this because both my kids really like it and wanted to see it again. It's pretty entertaining. As my wife says, if circuses were really like that she'd be there in a second. And that villain by Frances McDormand is one of the more inspired villain caricatures. She must have had fun with it.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    IDENTITY THIEF -- I wanted to like this, I really did. But the trend as of late for these comedic buddy road trip movies is always to go obsurdly beyond out of control that it ceases to be funny. I think Dumb & Dumber was the last film to do it right. Not to say this didn't have funny moments... it did. There were plenty. But I'm sure a lot more laughs went over my head because I was in shock and terror at what was going on.

It tried to be two things: cartoon comedy & heavy drama. This is an enjoyable rental but nothing you'd be happy to pay for.
    Pretty much agree with this 100%. It REALLY dragged for me in the middle. Melissa McCarthy is really funny in it. There were a lot of funny "moments" but it wasn't a funny "movie". If that makes any sense.

Stayed home yesterday and watched some movies we hadn't even opened on Blu Ray yet.

The Hunger Games

Had seen this in the theater and enjoyed it, think I enjoyed it even more this time. I haven't read the book in awhile so I think I am far enough removed from the book to be able to enjoy this as a movie and not worry about what was and wasn't from the book.

The Muppets

Hadn't watched this since the theater either and I'm not quite sure why. This is such an amazingly hilarious movie, just silly enough, but it's The Muppets. What do you expect. The rap is still kind of cringe worthy but that's about it.

The Avengers

Saw this a few times in the theater, needed to not see it for awhile on Blu Ray. Still the funnest Comic Book movie I've seen in a LONG time. I still like Dark Knight Rises better as a "movie" but I think we'll end up watching this one more often.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

MOONRISE KINGDOM -- You know the drill: quirky, creative, artistic Wes Anderson fare. And I loved every moment of it. It's just so fun the way the story is told and filmed, it's one of those that I wanted to watch it again immediately following, just for the character details.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Skyfall,
    It's a really great movie with beautiful visuals, fantastic special effects...love it!!!