Page 171 of 190 FirstFirst ... 71121146161168169170171172173174181 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 2840

• -

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

A Good Day to Die Hard. It was a Die Hard movie, plain and simple. Everything you would expect. I don't think it was as good as the last installment, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. There were also some really great lines.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Guys and Dolls, 1955 with Marlon Brando and Frank Sinatra. One of the classic musicals.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• secure all cargo

Everything Must Go. I love Will Ferrell the comedian, but he also has a great inner Bill Murray for drama. The character he plays here is not so dissimilar to the characters he plays in his comedies, guys who are totally down on their luck, or in this case completely at rock-bottom. Itís just that the humor in this film is not of the goofy gross-out slapstick variety. He, Rebecca Hall, and the kid are awesome together in this. And itís a great if not obvious metaphor where his whole life is symbolized by his lifeís worth of material possessions literally laid out for all to see. Good film, I really liked it.

The A-Team. It was alright. Other than the fact it can be slightly difficult to follow at times and there's too many scenes of them laughing and yelling in the beginning, it was pretty exciting, really solid action sequences, and the several homages pre and post ending credits I thought were really cool. I'm not saying I wish we'd gotten to see Carnahan's take on M:I4 (for a while he was going to direct), but he did a decent job with this.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

LOOPER -- Good story, premise, actors... but it's missing something. A visual style or flair to really make this more interesting. It's also a tad predictable so it needs more fleshing out to make it truly iconic. A nice concept and effort but I need more. Seeing it once was plenty.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• -

Oz the Great and Powerful. While I did enjoy this movie, I didn't find it to be anything stellar. The plot twist was fairly predictable early on. Every time I saw James Franco I kept thinking, "hey look... Harry Osbourne is the Wizard."

Again, while I did enjoy the movie I didn't think it was anything special. Compared to recent Oz endeavors I found it surpassed Return to Oz by leaps and bounds, however, it doesn't hold a candle to Wicked.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Goofy

oz amazing movie and colourful it was. this will probably become second great film right behind the wizard of oz.

• MiceChat Moderator

WAITING FOR SUPERMAN -- A documentary about American school system and why it's messed up. It's pretty depressing actually because it's a problem that may not get fixed with any time soon. I highly recommend it because while it is upsetting, it is inspiring as well.

AFTER PR0N ENDS -- Another documentary about retired adult film stars and where they are now. It's pretty poorly shot but I couldn't help but listen to their sob stories.

RELIGULOUS -- Bill Maher goes around interviewing various religions to prove them wrong. Actually didn't know that he grew up Catholic! I always thought he was jewish. He reveals in this movie that his mom is Jewish and he didn't even know! The movie is relatively interesting but I wish he got interviews with more people that knew what they were talking about. Seems like the priests he spoke to were the only ones who knew what they were talking about (good thing too, because that's their job).

• King of Los Angeles

John Carter - ‚Äčworth a revisit. This film is really underrated. Giacchinno's score is gorgeous, and Stanton has created a really rich world.

•   
    • Minion

Who Framed Roger Rabbit 25th anniversary Blu-Ray. I love this movie and the blu-ray transfer was awesome. One thing I never noticed is the part with the fantasia brooms that are sweeping and the sax player is playing the music for them.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit 25th anniversary Blu-Ray. I love this movie and the blu-ray transfer was awesome. One thing I never noticed is the part with the fantasia brooms that are sweeping and the sax player is playing the music for them.
    O_O

How....?

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    O_O

How....?
    lol just one of those duh moments. I have seen roger rabbit so many times too lol

• Selfie Expert

Oz the Great and Powerful: I loved it. However, I have a feeling that if you're not a big Wizard of Oz fan to start with, it may not resonate so much with you. I loved the nod to the cowardly lion and the scarecrow. The colors were vibrant and beautiful, and though it was "weird" it didn't seem to be proving some sort of artistic point like Tim Burton's Alice and Wonderland (for some reason I was scared this film would be done in a similar style). James Franco was a decent fit for the role. The only acting I had any issue with was Mila Kunis. I felt like her voice was just too forced or fake, especially when she was transformed to the green version of the Witch and you had to rely more on her voice-acting. It could also be that I'm biased and can only think of her as Jackie from "That 70's Show" or Meg from "Family Guy".

Just my two cents.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• MiceChat Moderator

THE CROODS -- Forgot about this one... saw it a few weeks back and... well... I'm surprised it's doing so well because the trailers looked abysmal to me. I was like... is this Ice Age except with Cave Men?

Overall, the film is... okay. It's tolerable but my God it is so noisy. Everyone is shouting at some point and it just gets SOOOO annoying. And, is it me or are all Dreamworks character designs the absolute worst? Nobody in this movie is appealing to look at. Even the most enduring character, the sloth, is annoying at first.

Nicholas Cage and Emma Stone.. also not the best voices to listen to. Watch it if you really want to. It's not better than Rise of the Guardians, Kung Fu Panda, How To Train Your Dragon.

G.I.JOE RETALIATION -- This is a movie we were supposed to have seen on DVD shelves by now. Delayed for over a year to convert it to 3D was a waste of time. DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IN 3D. As it is, a sequel to the terrible "Rise of Cobra", this go around is much better... but also not as fun. There's some great action here but because many of the characters aren't very well fleshed out, it doesn't feel very natural... or very much like G.I.Joe.

Will I buy toys from it? Already have and will get a few more. But I don't know if kids will be as "gung ho" for this as Hasbro is hoping. I think it'll sell the kids on ninjas.. not so much on military.

• Circle of Ancients

LOOPER -- Good story, premise, actors... but it's missing something. A visual style or flair to really make this more interesting. It's also a tad predictable so it needs more fleshing out to make it truly iconic. A nice concept and effort but I need more. Seeing it once was plenty.
    I had the EXACT same thoughts about this movie as you did. I really WANTED to like it more than I thought I would. As it turns out, I like the Justin Timberlake movie In Time which not a similar story had kind of a similar futuristic storyline and it was done much better IMO.

• keh!

And, is it me or are all Dreamworks character designs the absolute worst?
    I have been saying this for years! I really dislike the way Dreamworks designs their human characters (How to Train Your Dragon is an exception, sort of). I've never like the humans in Shrek. They're so boring and unappealing. A little thing that bugged me when watching Bee Movie (no pun) was the character of Vanessa Bloome. Her lip movement seemed rubbery and her eye balls didn't seem like they would be round in her head. It might be a weird observation, but I just couldn't buy it.

From Up on Poppy Hill - Studio Ghibli's latest release. It wasn't as charming as The Secret World of Arriety, but it was a very nice and very simple movie. Ghibli is great at making a very simple movie while keeping it entertaining. I wasn't ever really bored (because my eyes love to wander during 2D animated films), but there are some slow parts. I love that Ghibli makes certain scenes like scooping up rice and putting it into a pot so endearing. Ghibli always seems to include a scene like that and they pull it off so well. It's not as incredible as Spirited Away (will anything ever top Spirited Away? probably not) or as lovable as Totoro, but it is also not boring like Tales From Earthsea (Goro Miyazaki's previous film). I would recommend it to Miyazaki fans.