Page 172 of 192 FirstFirst ... 72122147162169170171172173174175182 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 2867

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    From Up on Poppy Hill - Studio Ghibli's latest release. It wasn't as charming as The Secret World of Arriety, but it was a very nice and very simple movie. Ghibli is great at making a very simple movie while keeping it entertaining. I wasn't ever really bored (because my eyes love to wander during 2D animated films), but there are some slow parts. I love that Ghibli makes certain scenes like scooping up rice and putting it into a pot so endearing. Ghibli always seems to include a scene like that and they pull it off so well. It's not as incredible as Spirited Away (will anything ever top Spirited Away? probably not) or as lovable as Totoro, but it is also not boring like Tales From Earthsea (Goro Miyazaki's previous film). I would recommend it to Miyazaki fans.

Hmmm... is Disney no longer distributing Studio Ghibli films?

THE WATCH -- I heard bad things about this neighborhood watch movie with Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, Jonah Hill, and Richard Ayoade (my favorite) but.... you know what? I laughed. A lot. I really enjoyed this one. It has some funny moments and dialogue... aaand it's an alien invasion movie. Will Forte is in this as well playing the perfect douchebag cop.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• keh!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Hmmm... is Disney no longer distributing Studio Ghibli films?
    That's what I thought, but Disney studios was credited in the beginning of the film. Yet you don't hear anything from their promos. I think they prefer to make a fuss about Hayao Miyazaki directed films.

• Still lost in Neverland

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    I have been saying this for years! I really dislike the way Dreamworks designs their human characters (How to Train Your Dragon is an exception, sort of). I've never like the humans in Shrek. They're so boring and unappealing. A little thing that bugged me when watching Bee Movie (no pun) was the character of Vanessa Bloome. Her lip movement seemed rubbery and her eye balls didn't seem like they would be round in her head. It might be a weird observation, but I just couldn't buy it.

From Up on Poppy Hill - Studio Ghibli's latest release. It wasn't as charming as The Secret World of Arriety, but it was a very nice and very simple movie. Ghibli is great at making a very simple movie while keeping it entertaining. I wasn't ever really bored (because my eyes love to wander during 2D animated films), but there are some slow parts. I love that Ghibli makes certain scenes like scooping up rice and putting it into a pot so endearing. Ghibli always seems to include a scene like that and they pull it off so well. It's not as incredible as Spirited Away (will anything ever top Spirited Away? probably not) or as lovable as Totoro, but it is also not boring like Tales From Earthsea (Goro Miyazaki's previous film). I would recommend it to Miyazaki fans.
    I have no problem with the characters in either How To Train Your Dragon or Rise Of The Guardians. I think that both these movies are beautifully rendered and animated. Both have some of the best art and animation ever done. How To Train Your Dragon is the biggest franchise Dreamworks has ever had. The TV show will have a Season 3 and both Dragon II and III movies are still on track for release in 2014 and 15. Also hoping for new (and better) toys and action figures. And I do know that if there are new toys they will be available everywhere Toys/Action Figures are sold. They will never do Exclusive to (Insert store name here) again.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• keh!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    I have no problem with the characters in either How To Train Your Dragon or Rise Of The Guardians. I think that both these movies are beautifully rendered and animated. Both have some of the best art and animation ever done. How To Train Your Dragon is the biggest franchise Dreamworks has ever had. The TV show will have a Season 3 and both Dragon II and III movies are still on track for release in 2014 and 15. Also hoping for new (and better) toys and action figures. And I do know that if there are new toys they will be available everywhere Toys/Action Figures are sold. They will never do Exclusive to (Insert store name here) again.
    I had no problem with most of the human character designs. It was some of the side characters I didn't care for. Hiccup, Stoick, Astrid, and Gobber were all nicely done. The others, eh. But I can live with that. Their other films, however, eesh. I was watching Megamind last night. Roxanne's enormous eyes and Titan's awkward way of talking that only shows teeth and rarely his tongue when pronouncing "th." lol, it bothers me.

• secure all cargo

Dredd. The things I liked about it I liked a lot. Itís a pretty exciting action film with 2 lead characters smartly written and acted. On the other hand, you just wonder when enough is enough as itís a pretty hard R, the kind of film where I felt dirty the morning after. [PSUEDO SPOILER] The filmmakers really get off on creative new ways of showing people under the influence or brutally tortured and killed, especially in the beginning. [END] Good movie, but not for everyone.

Midnight in Paris. I really liked it a lot. This is the whimsical romantic comedy version of a story you might get on The Twilight Zone. Smartly written, warm, charming, and funny. I absolutely relate to the idea of the allure of romanticizing a certain time and place. The grass is always greener. Anyway, all the actors do a great job, especially Marion Cotillard.

The Wizard of Oz. We caught it on TV starting around the point she enters Oz. Kids first time seeing it. As a kid myself I remember liking it, but I donít think Iíve ever loved it honestly, not like other family films I grew up with including Disney stuff or Willy Wonka. That said, you have to watch it at least once as a kid, and it was fun for all of us to see together.

The Tuxedo. One of my guilty pleasures. I saw JLH on TV the other day and it made me want to see this again. I know, I know, itís really not a good film at all, but Iíve just always liked it.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Goofy

les miserables wow what a good movie musical it was. i can see why it won alot of awards.

• MiceChat Moderator

OBLIVION -- If you love sci fi, this is up your alley. From the director of Tron Legacy, Joseph Kosinski shows to us in his sophomore effort what I think to be a better film than Tron Legacy. The visual language, the style, the pacing, the designs, I really liked what I was seeing and it was interesting story. Part WALL-E part Space Odyssey, I definitely recommend it.

The IMAX projection was also pretty impressive too.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

42 - Great baseball movie, great movie in general.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Infinitized!

Haven't reported here for awhile...

On Blu-Ray:
    Disneynature's Wings of Life - Very nice footage. Too bad it didn't get a theatrical release on this continent Looking forward to Bears next year.

• -

42. Wow... What a great movie. Excellent story and a great cast. I thought it was awesome seeing Ebbets Field recreated in the movie. I definitely recommend this to any baseball fan.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Under that tree again!

The Dictator. no comment.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• secure all cargo

Smashed. Very good. Smartly written film about alcoholism. I always liked Mary Elizabeth Winstead, but here she graduates from geek films and gives a seriously brave and vulnerable performance, I think she really deserved some accolades around awards season but I can’t recall she got any.

The Virgin Suicides. I really liked this. I like it didn’t just vilify the obvious, but kinda looked at social influences and each family member’s individual responses. I really like Sofia Coppola the director. Lost In Translation is one of my favorites of all time.

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. I liked this before, but I think it’s grown on me even more. The humor and the themes of malfunctioning tech are really great. Although there are clearly more complex action scenes, my favorite is the sandstorm chase.

What To Expect When You’re Expecting. Harmless, insignificant film, completely predictable as nothing unusual happens. But I liked it, I laughed, I was touched. The thing is it’s nice to have a movie every once in a while where normal things happen that have actually happened to me and the characters respond exactly the way I have. The guys group is especially right on target.
    Last edited by 3IAlienKid; 04-30-2013 at 11:21 PM.

• MiceChat Moderator

THE CAMPAIGN -- I completely forgot I watched this movie the moment it ended. Nothing really made me laugh I suppose. It was amusing.

IRON MAN 3 -- Solid acting, solid visuals, but.... nothing really got me pumped. It's entertaining but if you're a comic book fan, there's something pretty major in this that would make you really upset.

• secure all cargo

Superman. I havenít seen these in years. As a kid, I used to like II the best, but now I like this one more. If you kinda just go along with the "interfere with historyĒ thing, the point of it works. I love the Krypton and Smallville stuff. It's going to be tough to top Christopher Reeve's interpretation of the guy.

Superman II. For the Reeve films the effects haven't aged too well, and this one is a bit more reliant on them. That said, I still prefer this plot to the 1st one and that last scene Margot Kidder really knocks out of the park.

Superman III. The direction they took with this one was clearly not the best to take, but I liked it anyway. It is what it is. The whole Superman vs. Clark thing is awesome, even if it doesnít really make sense.

Superman IV: The Quest for Peace. This movie is bad not just because of the big budget cuts and casting of Nuclear Man. There's other bad casting decisions. Certain plot point the writers defended just donít work, even if you take into context the 30 minutes of deleted scenes. And it felt like Reeve played Clark more straight this time, which didnít work for me.

Superman Returns. I've always really liked this one. I think the love triangle angle was really well written and directed. I love the numerous scenes where things are said through a look and not verbally - a lot of those were emotionally powerful and the 3 actors really pulled it off. It was a great idea writing Richard White as just as super as Superman. Even though this was intended as psuedo-Superman III, my theory is Singer was setting it up like Donner did in part I just establishing, or rather reestablishing the characters and relationships, then intending to bring on the kick-a__ Superman in the next film like Donner wanted to in part II, but I guess we'll never know now. That said, I am looking forward to Man of Steel.

Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut. Never seen this til now. Mixed feelings. The first half feels like a rough cut and the "new" scenes don't work as well for me as the Lester scenes (gasp!). The second half some of the ideas for the "new" stuff are better but don't always play out well, but I strongly prefer the "new" climactic confrontation at the Fortress of Solitude.

• MiceChat Moderator

STAR TREK (2009) -- Pre-ordering the tickets to "Into Darkness" on fandango gave me a digital download of the movie on itunes for free so I gave it another whirl on my computer and I still really dig it. It's fun seeing all the actors that have moved onto other parts (Thor, terrorist from Iron Man, Reggie Lee from GRIMM, etc).

STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS -- Or as I like to call it, Star Trek Into Lens Flares ah ha ha ha haha ha ha, no seriously... there's like... even more of them this time. If you liked the first film you should like this one too. Although I find this film to be more like 'Trek' so you might lose some fans in that respect but it's still a very engaging film with a great ensemble cast. All the reminders of the old characters will put a smile on your face. Kinda disappointed in the score though... it feels almost identical to the previous film.

^I saw it in IMAX 3D and it was enjoyable. I don't think it really added anything to be in 3D but I certainly liked the scenes that were shot in IMAX.