Page 173 of 186 FirstFirst ... 73123163170171172173174175176183 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 2779

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

STAR TREK (2009) -- Pre-ordering the tickets to "Into Darkness" on fandango gave me a digital download of the movie on itunes for free so I gave it another whirl on my computer and I still really dig it. It's fun seeing all the actors that have moved onto other parts (Thor, terrorist from Iron Man, Reggie Lee from GRIMM, etc).

STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS -- Or as I like to call it, Star Trek Into Lens Flares ah ha ha ha haha ha ha, no seriously... there's like... even more of them this time. If you liked the first film you should like this one too. Although I find this film to be more like 'Trek' so you might lose some fans in that respect but it's still a very engaging film with a great ensemble cast. All the reminders of the old characters will put a smile on your face. Kinda disappointed in the score though... it feels almost identical to the previous film.

^I saw it in IMAX 3D and it was enjoyable. I don't think it really added anything to be in 3D but I certainly liked the scenes that were shot in IMAX.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• -

Iron Man 3. I actually enjoyed this and found it better than the last one, but not as good as the first. I thought it was great that they acknowledged the events of the Avengers and showed how it affected the character rather than just moving on with a new story. I also really liked the after credits scene.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• -

Quote Originally Posted by 3IAlienKid View Post
    Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut. Never seen this til now. Mixed feelings. The first half feels like a rough cut and the "new" scenes don't work as well for me as the Lester scenes (gasp!). The second half some of the ideas for the "new" stuff are better but don't always play out well, but I strongly prefer the "new" climactic confrontation at the Fortress of Solitude.
    I actually prefer this version. It's sad that this is as close as we will ever come to seeing Donner's true master piece. Ever since getting this DVD I just can't watch the Richard Lester version anymore.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• secure all cargo

Iron Man 3. I'd probably rank it just barely 3rd of the 3, the 1st one is the best. For this one a lot of the ideas were really great, plus the plot is better than 2, but somehow 2 just translated to the screen better for me. A lot of the Tony/Pepper moments didn't sparkle as well as the 1st 2 films and I think with a different director you just get a different overall feel, in this case that feel didn't work as well. That said I was still pretty entertained.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I actually prefer this version. It's sad that this is as close as we will ever come to seeing Donner's true master piece...
    I tried to watch it keeping in mind that it's really sort of an incomplete film, but I just couldn't handle that at times.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS -- ...Although I find this film to be more like 'Trek' so you might lose some fans in that respect but it's still a very engaging film with a great ensemble cast.
    Saw it Friday night And I thought it was a mess from the writers side of things. Far removed from classic Trek. I think you may have gotten Trek and Star Wars mixed up. I'm currently watching the original series on Blu, and this beast is nowhere near as good as the TV show, and Shatner's original crew. The way they used Khan was weak. All the so-called easter eggs were poorly used. I found it to be quite bothersome sitting thru all the rehashed stuff. Clearly, those guys that wrote it have no more originality/imagination left. I thought 2009's movie was much better. This one was poorly thought out. Oh well, JJ's jumping ship to a galaxy far, far away, so I hope they get a better production team for the next one.

I just can't wait for Mr. Plinkett to do a review of this one.

• MiceChat Moderator

Haha to each his own. I love the direction the new Trek is going. It still makes me think, which is what good science fiction should do.

• Infinitized!

At the theater:

The Hangover Part III: Had to settle for this one last night as Fast and Furious 6 was sold out. Not bad, not great. I think I did enjoy it more than the 2nd. Don't know if there is a scene at the end of the credits, but when the credits start to roll, about 30 seconds in there is a scene, so be sure to stay for that.

• Minion

Iron Man 3 didn't like it at all

Star Trek into darkness loved it

watching Superman the Movie right now at home getting ready for man of Steel in a couple weeks.

• Goofy

iron man 3 too much talking it was okay.

• MiceChat Moderator

FURIOUS 6 -- Loud, entertaining, stupid. It knows what it is and that's probably a good thing.

• Circle of Ancients

Hitchcock

Thought it was very good. Anthony Hopkins did a fantastic job. The movie concentrates more on the development and making of Psycho. While I would love a full-fledged autobiographical picture based on Hitchcock's life I can see why they concentrated on this time period. Definitely recommended.

Trouble with the Curve

A decent movie, some pretty good performances, not your normal romantic movie. It's on cable now and that's probably the proper place to watch it.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Trouble with the Curve

A decent movie, some pretty good performances, not your normal romantic movie. It's on cable now and that's probably the proper place to watch it.
    Someone loaned me their DVD of that a couple of months ago, and I had the same reaction. Not something I would watch over and over, but decent.

• MiceChat Moderator

WRECK-IT RALPH -- Again. Love it. My new favorite line is now when Mr. Litwak or whatever says that the ride has gone cuckoo... "like my nana". And then maybe needing to put the game out to pasture... "like my nana." hahahah i was rolling.

• secure all cargo

The Big Boss. Saw this for the 1st time. Not a great Bruce Lee movie, but it's his 1st starring role and you can really see the presence and charisma.

Source Code. Pretty good movie. It's a similar premise to Quantum Leap, although I had a harder time buying into the film's science than the TV show's. That said, the film is about so much more than it's science, and it's pretty smart otherwise.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Pretty clever and funny. There was part of me that felt some of the more somber film noir story elements did not go quite as well with the crazy tone of the rest of the movie, but I pretty much enjoyed it anyway. I can see why Robert Downey Jr wanted this guy to direct Iron Man 3.

Taking Chance. Once he gets on his trip, this film is steadily emotionally touching the rest of the way. It's a really beautiful film, simple, quiet, respectful. Completely overlooked and deserves to be seen by more people.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Minion

Jurassic park in 3d

the 3d Transfer was awesome