Page 174 of 191 FirstFirst ... 74124149164171172173174175176177184 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 2862

• Disneyland PAP

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Treasure Planet - Picked this on Blu-ray finally from Amazon. Hadn't watched it since I was it in theatres. I remember being disappointed with it then, and I blamed that on having read Treasure Island just the week before. This time, I found it very hard to get into. The main character didn't appeal to me just like the main character in How To Train Your Dragon failed to interest me. They're both unappealing characters to me. But I stuck through it. And then, B.E.N. comes along and DRIVES ME INSANE. I almost turned it completely off! Who knew Jar Jar Binks had a predecessor? Made it through the end but was disappointed that it still didn't work for me. Did love the voice work tho', especially by Emma Thompson and David Hyde Pierce.

Max Max
    & The Road Warrior - Picked up the trilogy on Blu-ray Tuesday and watched these two over the past couple of evenings. I haven't seen these since college when they were first released, and I admit to having a negative "thing" for Mel Gibson since his bad press of recent years. But I had a great time seeing young Mel in his first films. Compared to how over-the-top action packed films are since these were made, they're tame BUT the fact that all the destruction is REAL is mind-blowingly awesome! I plan to watch Thunderdome tonight.

• Heavy Breather

The Secret of NIMH- Easily in my Top 10 favorite movies of all time, and my second favorite animated film of all time-first being Fantasia. I love the fluid animation, voice acting, and Jerry Goldsmith's enchanting musical score.

Watching The Terminator right now- Somedays it's hard for me to decide which one i like better, T1 or T2(usually T2 beats it every time). I love the dark and gritty cinematography and how it paints a grim picture of humanity, just showing how low a society we have become. Arnold is always great as the menacing T-800. Linda Hamilton is a great damsel(before she goes commando in T2). The action scenes are pretty tame by today's standards, but the future scenes are great, I love them. I even love the stop-motion T-800 at the end, it makes him seem more robotic than CGI could ever make it look(looking at you Terminator:Salvation).

• -

Epic I took my three year old to see it over the weekend and thought that I would be bored o death with it. I actually found it an entertaining movie and the little one loved it as well.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    Treasure Planet - Picked this on Blu-ray finally from Amazon. Hadn't watched it since I was it in theatres. I remember being disappointed with it then, and I blamed that on having read Treasure Island just the week before. This time, I found it very hard to get into. The main character didn't appeal to me just like the main character in How To Train Your Dragon failed to interest me. They're both unappealing characters to me. But I stuck through it. And then, B.E.N. comes along and DRIVES ME INSANE. I almost turned it completely off! Who knew Jar Jar Binks had a predecessor? Made it through the end but was disappointed that it still didn't work for me. Did love the voice work tho', especially by Emma Thompson and David Hyde Pierce.

There's a LOT that doesn't work in Treasure Planet. One that does though, is the relationship between Jim Hawkins and the Cyborg... man, i forgot his name haha.

What fails is the changing of everything to space and aliens and planets... it makes fake reality even tougher to accept and aliens even harder to like. I mean... flatulence alien? Seriously? And the "Scroop" couldn't be more obvious. If he was a regular human pirate sailor, he would not look like that!

Disappointing to say the least. I know why Eisner didn't want to green light it.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Disneyland PAP

^ Agreed. It just. doesn't. work. And it's sad to say that considering who the directors are. But again, the voice work was great.

I got sidetracked from finishing the Mad Max marathon. Just felt the itch to watch something else.

Wings - I ordered this from Amazon for $1.50 a few weeks ago when there was a glitch in their system. Thinking they might cancel it, I was pleasantly surprised when they actually honored the price! All I knew about it beforehand was that it was the first film to be awarded the Academy Award for Best Picture and that it was a silent film starring Clara Bow who I've never seen in any movies before. It. Is. Epic! And fun. And funny. And charmingly melodramatic. And, surprisingly, filled with mind-blowing aerial and ground warfare scenes...filmed in 1927! Great to look at in high definition to boot. That's all I need say about it now. If you've never seen it and you can deal with storytelling of the era (sweet and hammy), check this one out! And afterwards, enjoy the bonus material describing the making of the film. Very ambious project that Paramount at first didn't plan to invest in and worried about through production.

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory - Re-watched this yesterday morning. Charming charming charming film! Afterwards, I replayed it with the audio commentary featuring the six actors who played the six children in the film, but 30 years older. It's a very fun commentary with many anecdotes shared from the production.

• Circle of Ancients

Warm Bodies

Really enjoyed it. They left a bit out from the book but honestly nothing that impacted the core story too much. Definitely recommended.

• Evil is Sexy

I love Warm Bodies. The book is a bit darker and I understand why they changed it to appeal to movie goers. Anything with John Malkavich in it has to be decent. The only role I would have liked to see stay closer to the book were the Bonies and their weird ceremonies.

We watched Now You See Me last week. I really enjoyed it. I'm annoyingly too smart for most movies anymore, but this one kept me guessing until the end.

Most recently I watched Mama Mia for the first time. I'm a theatre girl, so I love musicals. It was a fun, touching story and the way they integrated the ABBA music was clever.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Circle of Ancients

^ Yeah, I can see why they went lighter too. I was kind of glad they left out the whole Zombie Marriage/adopting kids thing. That was always kind of weird for me from the book. They did kind of touch on it though with showing the kids.

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    ^ Yeah, I can see why they went lighter too. I was kind of glad they left out the whole Zombie Marriage/adopting kids thing. That was always kind of weird for me from the book. They did kind of touch on it though with showing the kids.
    Not to mention the "zombie on zombie sex." Which, when I read about it, made me laugh out loud. I've heard there was the scene with Julie asking R if she kissed him would she die, but they took it out of the movie.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• secure all cargo

Star Trek Into Darkness. I loved it. Not really a remake or a tribute, maybe it's sort of a revisionist take, but not really that either. Well, whatever. I do think that for future films they eventually will need to do something completely original, but this 2nd film is exactly what I wanted. I've since read some people said it was a thinly disguised rip-off, but I didn't experience it that way at all, it was far more than a bunch of nods to the past, I love especially the reciprocity of the friendship between the two timelines. Hope I can catch it once more on the big screen before the blu.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• "Always On The Move..."

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Do HBO movies count?

Behind the Candelabra, with Michael Douglas and Matt Damon - movie about Liberace. A little graphic for my taste.
    I really wanted to see this as I knew Liberace. He and my best friend's grandmother were best friends and I got to have many lunches and dinners with him. I absolutely adored him. That being said, watching someone you know have sex is just more than a little disconcerning. I lasted about half way through before I turned it off. Yup...waay too graphic.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

MAN OF STEEL -- Really enjoyed it! Very entertaining. It might not be everyone's cup of tea what with some changes and all, but as a stand alone piece of film entertainment, I have no quarrel with it like I did with Iron Man 3. I dug it.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• mountains beyond mtns.

Man of Steel - I enjoyed it a lot and look forward to the sequel. The Zimmer score was outstanding. It may not be a film for everyone but so long as you're able to judge on its own merits and not previous Superman lore, it's worthwhile.

• Closed Account

Boeing Boeing, the first time I had seen it. Really enjoyed it. Hilarious from start to finish. Not a lot of movies I can say that about.

• Singing Drinker

Just watched "Oz the Great and Powerful" last night. Deeply disappointed, sadly.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.