Page 175 of 191 FirstFirst ... 75125150165172173174175176177178185 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 2864

• Closed Account

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    Just watched "Oz the Great and Powerful" last night. Deeply disappointed, sadly.
    Agree 100%, though couldn't make it past the 45 minute mark. It kept getting worse and worse.

• i believe in faeries.

i just saw 'hansel and gretel' on netflix, thinking it was the new release 'hansel and gretel: witch hunters.' it wasn't. it was horribly acted, gory as hell, and delightfully terrible in every way possible.

• secure all cargo

Premium Rush. On some level itís a B-movie but with better than average storytelling and very well directed. The chases are incredibly exciting and the title pretty much describes it well cause that's how you feel watching it. And Michael Shannon is so good, canít wait to see him as General Zod.

The Cabin in the Woods. Iím not drawn to the horror genre, but I watched this because of 92% fresh tomatoes and Joss Whedon. Really liked it. Itís definitely original, funny and scary. It's been compared a lot to "Scream", but I think it's even smarter than that one, the main idea which drives the plot is such a fascinating metaphor I'm still thinking about it now.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Goofy

saw scary movie 5. so i already forgotten this is 5 movie and this movie is very forgettable. it has some laughs but the first four movies are way and easily better. maybe next time ana farris comes out on the 6th one. simon rex was the only one who made it funny for me. the guy who played uncle george plays dan instead. i will never watch scary movie 5 ever again like the way i did the previous ones.

• Circle of Ancients

This is the End

It was smart, hilarious and deliciously raunchy (in all the right ways). Probably the funniest movie I've seen since Superbad.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

MONSTERS UNIVERSITY -- Is this possibly kid's first college movie? Most college movies were rated R when I was growing up... didn't stop us from watching what we could but this might very well be a kid's first exposure to college. Funny right?

anyway... this was a lot of fun. Just entertaining throughout. I'm not going to say anything more. It's a comedy. Enjoy the ride.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• -

Man of Steel. Loved it. It was a great Superman film and I was very entertained. However, it does not compete with the Donner films and I did notice the absence of the John Williams score. Even with the negatives I thought the acting was great and the actors were well cast in their rolls.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Closed Account

Leap Of Faith enjoyed this one so much!

• Goofy

42 what a good wonderful movie that is. i was laughing and had some tears coming out of me. good movie. my favorite baseball movie for me ever.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

FRIENDS WITH KIDS -- Ever think you won't find the person of your dreams? Ever just want a kid so badly that you'd have it with your best friend just to do it? And then after you have a kid, the both of you continue dating other people?

That's the premise of Friends With Kids starring most of the people from the comedy Bridesmaids (Kristen Wiig, Chris O'Dowd, Maya Rudolph, Jon Hamm) and also Adam Scott, and Megan Fox. I was entertained by the cast and the premise. It's a comedy that's more grounded in reality so that was also enjoyable.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Circle of Ancients

Gangster Squad

It was good ... not great. Rented it from Netflix and that was probably the correct call. Had some good actors (Penn, Brolin, Ribisi) doing some mediocre acting. But them acting Mediocre is better than most actors acting well I guess.

• Disneyland PAP

The Lone Ranger - Wow! It was actually entertaining! I went in entirely out of curiosity to see just how back this poorly reviewed film by Verbanski and Depp could be. Maybe that was key, but for what it is - and it is definitely not The Lone Ranger I grew up watching - it was worth my money. It was probably twenty minutes too long tho' and the rabbits were cute but entirely unnecessary.

Man of Steel - I've seen this twice! It's not a perfect film, there are flaws in logic and in the story more often than preferred. But the awesome parts far outweighed the flaws for me. I have friends who weren't entertained by the movie and I've read some of the negative reviews. I'm glad there'll be a sequel, because I think if Goyer and Snyder are smart, they'll get to address some criticisms directly via the sequel's story.

Batman Begins - I re-watched this partly to compare Goyer's latest superhero origin story with his previous one. What struck me now is how much I laughed out loud seeing this, something I didn't hardly do at all watching Man of Steel. Unfortunately, there are no characters like Alfred or Fox in Man of Steel that could inject some organic levity into the story. There's certainly the chance for some humor and levity in the offices of the Daily Planet in the sequel as folks keep secrets and lies.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - Why did I take so long to watch this? Friends who are diehard Apes fans told me it was good. It was DAMN good! James Franco plays a great mad scientist.

Red - Popped this in to watch on Independence Day, because it was RED, white and blue day. What a hilarious piece of work!

• secure all cargo

The Shaggy Dog. Tim Allen version. My oldest has been sick so I've been watching a few films with her. Anyway, it was cute. Robert Downey Jr. is pretty good in this kind of role.

Mulan. One of the better things to come out of the 2nd golden age. I love this one and probably one of the better ones from the Disney catalog that you'd want to show your daughter.

G-Force. Well, the idea for the film came from the director's then 5 year old son, so you don't want to be mean, but seriously, what made all these grown ups think this would make a good kids film? On top of that you can tell they spent a lot of money on the Bruckheimer action scenes, but forgot to make the animation of the animals characters a priority. That said, this was my daughter's favorite film of these three and I read it did almost $300 mil worldwide, so what do I know?
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Closed Account

Demolition Man - weird but mildly amusing movie.

• Circle of Ancients

If anybody is planning on seeing Grown Ups 2 this weekend ... beware.

From Richard Roeper: When Taylor Lautner is the funniest thing in a movie starring Adam Sandler and Chris Rock, we're in trouble.

Me, I'll be seeing Pacific Rim