Page 176 of 192 FirstFirst ... 76126151166173174175176177178179186 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 2868

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Wow, didn't realize I haven't been posting in here.

THE LONE RANGER -- It's not bad... and it's not great. But there's more good than bad here. The critics are definitely being irresponsible in their criticism here and not acknowledging what does work. Yah, it's too long and maybe too dark, but there's so much to like here. It's definitely not for kids though and I think that's a big problem. But as a film, it looks fantastic and well performed. Just needs some trimming.

JEFF, WHO LIVES AT HOME --
    A smaller independent type film starring Jason Segel and Ed Helms as brothers who don't get along, but the fates align and they are thrust back into each other's lives. It's a bit weird but gets emotional. I liked it.

TEAM AMERICA: WORLD POLICE -- I love this movie so much. It's still so, so funny.

MONSTERS, INC. -- Had to revisit now that I've seen Monsters U. Kinda funny that none of the other Scare students are working at Monsters Inc. WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM????

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Goofy

taylor guy? oh no. other than that i will pretend that he is not there during the movie lol.

saw world war z and it was good and enjoyable for what it was despite no gore. other than the hand part but.good movie. im amazed out that turned to be very entertaining.

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    THE LONE RANGER -- It's not bad... and it's not great. But there's more good than bad here. The critics are definitely being irresponsible in their criticism here and not acknowledging what does work. Yah, it's too long and maybe too dark, but there's so much to like here. It's definitely not for kids though and I think that's a big problem. But as a film, it looks fantastic and well performed. Just needs some trimming.
    Well said! Grrr....!

Skyfall - Yesterday's announcement that Sam Mendes is returning to direct the next Bond film inspired watching his last one last night. Enjoyed it again, but this time, I noted several things. Questions about age...villains with a connection to the heroes...revenge theme...saying goodbye to dear friends. Know what? Skyfall is Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan is spy clothing!

Over the past month, I've been watching the films and bonus material in the Universal Monsters: The Essential Collection box set. The only one that I think I'd see before is Frankenstein when I was a kid. It was interesting to check these all out now today as an adult, and for the most part I tried to view them in the context of the time it was released, not by comparison of films done since then.

Dracula - Very cool! Loved the very slow pacing of the film and gothic vibe throughout. Hated the abrupt ending tho'. Also watched the longer Spanish version. It was fine, but Bela Lugosi was just too brilliant in the role! Hard to see anyone else play Dracula.

Frankenstein - Loved it! Noticed it was playing with very macabre subject matter for the time, but making the character sympathetic was the way to go.

The Mummy - Wasn't a fan of this one. Just didn't build up to anything interesting to me. My least favorite of the set. The camera panning into the pool to lead into the flashback scene was very ahead of its time tho'. And NOW I get why the recent Mummy film is a remake...because it is!

The Invisible Man - Very interesting, enjoyed it. Was intrigued too that Casablanca's Claude Rains played the lead. Enjoyed this much more than The Mummy.

The Bride of Frankenstein - This one is probably my favorite of the lot! Just very well written, well thought out and well realized.

The Wolf Man - I'd only seen Lon play the Wolf Man once before in the Abbott and Costello film. Seeing his debut as the Wolf Man made me appreciate his talent that much more. He's totally committed to the role. I'd like to see the other films he played the Wolf Man in. Also enjoyed but was surprised too by what was related in a bonus feature about the actor.

Phantom of the Opera - Claude Rains not only appeared in The Wolf Man but played the Phantom here as well. Didn't know I'd be seeing him so much in this set! I really enjoyed the opera pieces (or fake opera as I learned watching the bonus material) in the film. I was really caught up in the story. The bits between the romantic suitors were overly hammy but I went with it. The Phantom also snaps pretty quickly just to move the story along. But overall I enjoyed it.

Creature from the Black Lagoon - I was disappointed with this last one in the set. I just couldn't forgive a lot of the lapses in reason and natural reactions characters put in their situations would have. Julie Adams was certainly looked beautiful in a bathing suit! And the creature's breathing effects were nice.

• secure all cargo

Man of Steel. There's a terrific story in there, plus really exciting and relentlessly bombastic (if not a bit repetitious) action. I kinda felt there was something about the way some key scenes played out that we didn't get to feel much for the characters, especially some stuff in the middle sections, honestly I thought that was poor direction. But if they're gonna reboot, I guess they're going the right way with it.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• MiceChat Moderator

JOHN CARTER OF MARS -- I mean.... that's the real title isn't it?? The movie ends that way. Who says the movie had to start that way? It should have been called John Carter of Mars on ALL marketing of the product. The very same movie could have been presented and it would still have made sense.

Argh. We need a sequel for this. The movie is a bit long and a bit slow but damn, when you finally get to the end, you just want to keep it going.

• Shablagoo!

Pacific Rim. I could talk at length, but I will just post something I posted on facebook earlier.

I get to DL so rarely that spending 2 hours of my time not in the park is unheard of. Now, Pacific Rim, I could see spending 2 hours of Disneyland time on it.

• Closed Account

Canadian Bacon what a funny movie, and a great way to spend a Friday night. My boyfriend and I found it after watching Spies Like Us (again) earlier this week, and looking for similar movies. We loved it.

• Circle of Ancients

Pacific Rim

Seriously, the best "Summer Popcorn Movie" in a LONG time. Maybe since Independence Day. It was just a heck of a lot of fun. Full of movie cliche's so don't go in expecting some fantastic script. But the action sequences, holy crap. Absolutely incredible and flawless. I can't recommend this movie enough, it simply must be seen on the big screen.

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    JOHN CARTER OF MARS -- I mean.... that's the real title isn't it?? The movie ends that way. Who says the movie had to start that way? It should have been called John Carter of Mars on ALL marketing of the product. The very same movie could have been presented and it would still have made sense.

Argh. We need a sequel for this. The movie is a bit long and a bit slow but damn, when you finally get to the end, you just want to keep it going.
    Loved this flick too. Such a shame it got no love. But this morning while finally redeeming my Lone Ranger movie ticket at Disney Movie Rewards, I saw the combo pack for it was added as a reward. Guess who redeemed 2000 of his points on the spot to order it!

Pacific Rim in IMAX 3D - Loved it! My friends and I are over 40, so we got every inspiration of past sci-fi classics reflected in the movie. I really got into the characters, the pacing keeps you involved from start to finish, and the many layers to the aesthetic detail of this world del Toro realized all helps to make it lived in and real. It's a fun romp!

Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Best of Both Worlds - This might be a cheat as some might not call it a movie, but I watched on Blu-ray the re-edit of the third season cliffhanger/fourth season premiere as one full-length episode last night. The editing from one episode to the next was well handled, sequed nicely. And of course, the story itself is pretty crazy awesome!

• MiceChat Moderator

PACIFIC RIM -- Ya know.... I'm not as huge a fan as I oughtta be. The movie has flaws.... not in movie execution, but in meaningless semantics that I can't help think about. Stuff like how bipedal robots may not be the most practical method of combatting alien monsters but... of course the whole point of the movie is to have bipedal monsters combatting alien monsters.

with that said, i was still disappointed and bored with most of the action (it just gets a little WWE redundant). But what carries the film is Idris Elba and the other minor roles. He's seriously freaking awesome.

• -

Despicable Me 2. ​It was funny and my kids loved it. Personally, I thought the first one was better, but I did love those purple guys.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Selfie Expert

Monsters University My husband and I both enjoyed this more than we expected to. Entertaining, a cute kid's movie, and we had enough chuckles that I can't imagine adults being too upset about sitting through it.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• secure all cargo

The Last Stand. This was a lot of fun, totally overlooked. The story is nothing special but thereís solid direction, surprisingly atmospheric at times with good balancing of the tone between the silly stuff and the action. Itís great seeing Schwarzenegger play a normal guy, and everyone has really nice moments, especially Luis Guzman.

The Raid: Redemption. I think I'm getting too old for this kind of thing. It's been called the best action film in decades, and it does deliver in that respect. However it's also too sadistic and grim for me. I must say however, the director really knows how to lead up to an action set piece and it's actually quite suspenseful at times. The star has a calm charisma in the action scenes, and he can actually act. The quieter moment had potential to be laughable, but he makes them touching.

A Good Day to Die Hard. The first 25 minutes were so dumb and incoherent with one of the worst car chases put to film, I actually almost turned it off. It settles down later and becomes entertaining, but still this is not good filmmaking. I would say if this were any other B-film it would be alright, but this is Die Hard and it's practically disrespectful to the franchise to turn out something of this poor quality.

The Accidental Spy. Not as bad as I remember, I actually enjoyed it this time. What bugged me the first time is the filmís tone is very serious and tragic, so the Jackie Chan humorous action seems out of place. This time it didnít bother me as much. Thereís a pretty funny bit where Jackie fights buck naked while trying to cover himself.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Dave

Blog Entries

The lone Ranger 2nd time great flick don't listen to the critics
    Dave

• Disneyland PAP

John Carter - Man! It's a crime that this isn't getting a sequel. Also, I just now realized the Dejah actress could play a convincing Wonder Woman.

The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises - Finished out the trilogy. This is the first time I'd seen Rises since I last saw in theatres. Wasn't as entertaining this time as before; I think it's because a lot of the dramatic twists weren't surprises to me anymore. Seeing Ledger again blew me away. He's just brilliant as The Joker.

300 - Been wanting to come back and see this and Watchmen since Man of Steel. Hadn't seen this in a while. I remember it blew me away when I saw such a stylized film enamored with the original layouts of its original source material. Six short years later the stylings are less novel in today's filmmaking world that has since given us Sin City and Spartacus but still fairly potent as used in this story.
    Last edited by Gone2Disneyland; 07-28-2013 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Added 300