Page 177 of 190 FirstFirst ... 77127152167174175176177178179180187 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 2840

• Selfie Expert

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

The Lone Ranger: I very much enjoyed this movie! I appreciate character development and breaks from action, though, so I understand how others may think it's slow or too long. My husband said he was bored, but I think he let the negative critic reviews go to his head. I wish we had both gone in without hearing the negative hype, as it was really enteraining.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Infinitized!

At the theater last night:
    The Wolverine - Probably the most mature x-men movie to date; some swearing in it, including Logan dropping another f-bomb. Silver Samurai seemed like a repeat of Iron Monger in the first Iron Man though. I really enjoyed it overall. Stay for the mid credits scene - a nice little set-up for next year's x-men movie. For those that are wondering, this movie is set after the events of Last Stand, but I guess it does slightly tie into a sequence we saw in Origins.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

THE WOLVERINE -- Whoa, was this rated R? So many kills and the f-bomb dropped. Nope, it's only rated PG-13. Still, I was very entertained and look forward to the next REAL X-Men movie!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Closed Account

Whispers In The Dark - Ican't believe I never saw this movie before!! I love movies like this. Was really nice to see Alan Alda do something other than comedy as well.

Daylight -I actually enjoyed this disaster movie, but then I'm a sucker for disaster movies like Volcano and Twister. Even though I dislike Sylvester Stallone, he was very un-Stallone like in this performance which made it extra enjoyable. I would have tweaked the ending just a bit, but that's just because I'm a sucker for a good love story.

• Goofy

wolverine the movie was okay not the greatest. i prefer orgins. it was okay because i did not enjoy the other characters i thought i felt weak in my view.

• Goofy

i even wonder if the whole xmen will get re booted in five to 10 years from now.

• Closed Account

Deathtrap - Another movie that I had somehow never seen before. Loved Michael Caine's performance, and it was nice seeing a very young Christopher Reeve as well.

• secure all cargo

The Lone Ranger. Not sure I’d recommend it, it’s not terrible, but I think a lot of the individual parts were better than the whole. I think the film tried to be too much fun for its own good. With the plot they used they had potential to make something that by contrast could have given us more a sense of danger and adventure. But for the filmmakers some of the darker plot points were almost just filler between the fun romps, they never seemed to want to put the fun stuff in the darker context. It doesn’t help that Armie Hammer plays it a bit goofy, and Depp for better AND worse is partly channeling Capt. Jack. They’re actually pretty likable together, I just felt it wasn’t the right direction for this film.

Monsters University. I really liked it. This is a much smaller scale film than the first in terms of scope, but the weight of the prequel is in how deep it dives into the origins of Mike and Sulley’s relationship. To think about their chemistry from Inc and then in U see how it started and developed, it’s such a complete fit that it feels almost as if when they made Inc that they already knew all the elements of U and built Inc off of that relationship, if that makes any sense. U is a near perfect explanation for the way they are in Inc.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    wolverine the movie was okay not the greatest. i prefer orgins. it was okay because i did not enjoy the other characters i thought i felt weak in my view.

Egads, how can you say that? Origins was awful.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Egads, how can you say that? Origins was awful.
    i dont know i guess i wasn't feeling the story. the perspective action was good. this one is okay. although i really did like the giant samuari robot that was a cool part. im already looking foward to next years xmen. should be awesome. may be next year wolverine can say drill claw like in the games. i would mark out for that lol. im typing this as i drink the soda lol.

• secure all cargo

Operation Condor 2: The Armor of the Gods (aka Armour of God). This is the film where Jackie Chan almost died and now has a permanent hole in his head. I watch his older stuff often, but for some reason seeing this again it struck me how spry he was 25 years ago. The humor in this film is lame, but the action is alright.

Operation Condor (aka Armour of God II: Operation Condor). This is the better of the 2 films, funnier in a Hong Kong way, and probably one of his most inspired in terms of the creativity of the stunt work. He's clearly having fun.

Watchmen. In a lot of ways this is brilliant stuff. I have to give credit to Zack Snyder, whom I haven't been real impressed with before, for fitting together all the complex characters and storylines with the weighty themes. It's a pretty bold and unflinching film for sure and difficult to watch at times.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Sinister - a good little horror movie, while nothing ground breaking it will have many at the edges of there seats the whole time..a prefect movie to watch on Halloween

• Selfie Expert

Wolverine: I enjoyed it. I just love the character, and Hugh Jackman is so perfectly cast for it.

The Conjuring: I'm a complete wimp and really hate when things are going to pop out, so I had to look away or cover my eyes for a decent chunk of the movie. That being said, the action was constant, the story was great, the acting was decent, and I very much enjoyed it for what it was. Unique "scares" in it, as well!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• "Always On The Move..."

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    Deathtrap - Another movie that I had somehow never seen before. Loved Michael Caine's performance, and it was nice seeing a very young Christopher Reeve as well.
    Funny, was just talking about this movie yesterday and how much I wanted to see it again. Hmm.. maybe time to go onto Amazon and search for it. I knew Chris and have most of his films, but never got this one and I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• secure all cargo

Pacific Rim. Awesome! It was so fun! First and foremost it's an audio/visual experience so it's not something to wait and see on DVD/blu, the IMAX 3D Downtown Disney Anaheim gave an amazing experience with rock concert decibel levels. I was blown away, my jaw was dropped to the floor and eyes wide thru most of it. The characters are painted with broad strokes, sometimes clichéd, but all really enjoyable because each actor plays their part with full commitment. Great popcorn flick, really glad I gave this one a chance.