Page 178 of 192 FirstFirst ... 78128153168175176177178179180181188 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 2880

• Disneyland PAP

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

The Wolverine - Enjoyed it a lot! Friends and I walked in not really sure what to expect. But while it felt a little long in some places for a two hour movie, we walked out enjoying it a lot. It was certainly far more enjoyable to X-Men Origins: Wolverine which left me with the impression of a Harlequin romance for women who wished to see Hugh naked all the time. This tied strongly into to X-Men: The Last Stand well enough to ignore Origins imo. And that post credits scene continued the enthusiasm to watch more X-Men on the big screen. In fact, I was surprised how much it blew me away to see [S]Patrick Stewart play Professor Xavier again ever so briefly[/S]! I'll looking forward to seeing the first two X-Men films again after this!

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox - The latest direct to video DC Universe Animated movie surprisingly caught me off guard. I loved the five-issue comic book story this film adapts, but I also read the many tie-in stories that fleshed out the core story and alternate characters introduced into the main story. That put me and my expectations in a poor position because the film's limited 80-minute run time could barely if at all touch upon the subplot details. So my first viewing left me a little underwhelmed. I was also shocked by the level of violence and ruthlessness shown by my beloved albeit dramatically-revised DC heroes. Funny how it didn't shock while reading the same scenarios in print. Watched it a second time with my expectations adjusted and enjoyed it a little more. The Flash is the star of this adventure, and he is well presented both in personality and in action in this film. How timely too, now that a live-action version of The Flash will debut in the Arrow TV series this coming season. Hope he's presented as well as he was in this animated form. Or maybe I should not let my expectation get the better me again.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - Just had an itch again to watch Harrison Ford as Indy. I know a lot of folks are offended by this installment. Sue me, but I just keep getting a kick seeing him embody Indiana Jones again decades after The Last Crusade. The bit where he is reunited with his first love always makes me chuckle!

• secure all cargo

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    ...Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - Just had an itch again to watch Harrison Ford as Indy. I know a lot of folks are offended by this installment. Sue me, but I just keep getting a kick seeing him embody Indiana Jones again decades after The Last Crusade. The bit where he is reunited with his first love always makes me chuckle!
    I also like this one for the same reason and have seen it several times myself. A lot of this film worked and a lot of it didn't, but it's more about the character which I feel they got right than the movie they built around it.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

BLACKFISH -- The documentary about the killer killer whale is ultimately very sad. To see how these whales are caught, to the conditions they're kept... it really needs to be seen. Somehow, I don't think SeaWorld will hurt all that much from this either.

THE WAY WAY BACK -- If you like The Descendants with George Clooney, this is something very similar, but the focus is on the younger teenage boy stuck with his mom and a hateable mom's boyfriend (steve carell) at a beach house for the summer. It's a broken family story but has some funny moments and some touching ones too. I recommend it.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Goofy

man of steel wow that movie was great.special effects were awesome and the action was great. like the villain soldier leader he was good.
    Spoiler
    too bad he died oh well. i was epecting to be kinda sucky but it did not.
    Last edited by Coheteboy; 08-20-2013 at 09:36 PM.

• Circle of Ancients

Die Hard 5: Die Even More Hardeder than ever before

It was bad. Not even worth the rental. Bruce Willis is apparently bored with action movies. He's not the only one bored with his action movies.

• Heavy Breather

The Godfather: My second favorite movie ever gets better every time I see it. The actors just say their lines with such ease, and the performances are so lauded that I don't even need to praise them further. This one is definitely the best of the trilogy.

• Goofy

2 guns what a good entertaining movie that was. denzel was just so funny in this. he made the whole movie himself in my opinion.

• MiceChat Moderator

RexDopey, please don't spoil the movie for people. I added spoiler tags to your Man of Steel post. Don't ever do that again. I don't care if the movie has been out. We want your opinion about a movie not what happens at the end. Clear?

DRIVE -- Really well crafted film about a Driver in Los Angeles that gets himself into into things. A lot of good performances and some cool driving. I liked it.

• secure all cargo

The Wolverine. Not great but still good. One of the key characters has confusing actions that didn't make sense to me given how the film introduced the character. That said, I'm a sucker for any movie in Japan. More important, it's exciting, I like the two female leads, and Logan's character arc is believable. Hugh Jackman was born to play him.

• Selfie Expert

Elysium: Boring. I was so disappointed. I love me some action and Sci Fi, and based only on the preview that's what I thought this would be. No, it was a waste of time with a political agenda. Don't get me wrong, I like movies with political themes (i.e. District 9, which even shared one of the stars), but this movie was a total flop for me. I will say, though, that Jodie Foster did a fantastic job playing her character.

That being said, my husband said it was "good". Additionally, my coworker shared my sentiments, and her boyfriend agreed with my husband.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Under that tree again!

Bad Parents: It's about soccer parents. It was funny but really funny for my friend who could attach a name to her boy's teammates parent to each character.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Minion

Twilight- It's as bad as people have been telling me.

• Goofy

lone ranger its not too great or worst but its okay. the theme song lasted longer so that was annoying lol.

the butch cassidy villain could have been better instead potrayed as a freak in that movie. that is my only grip with that movie.

• MiceChat Moderator

FROM UP ON POPPY HILL -- Writer Hayao Miyazaki and his son director Goro Miyazaki deliver a beautiful picture that isn't like other Studio Ghibli "fantasy" type pictures... this one could very well be a live-action film but of course in Japan, animation is for everyone and not just for kids. Regardless, it was a different type of movie and I really enjoyed its simplicity.

• secure all cargo

Beauty and the Beast. Saw this with my youngest kid who was watching it for the first time. It's hard to believe it's over 20 years old. But for me it's timeless, and still my favorite Disney animated film ever.

Rock of Ages. Wife and I saw the Vegas version of the stage musical a few weekends ago and have been itching to check out the film since then. It doesn't quite capture the energy of seeing it live, the stage show we saw is basically a rock concert and you can't get that on film. That said, once I got past the first 30 minutes or so, the film picks up, and though it's not a great film I enjoyed it. I grew up listening to all of these songs so there's a nostalgia factor here as well. And depending on your view of Tom Cruise, you're either gonna love his performance or hate it (I fall with the former).

Breakin'. Is it me, or does 80's rock and new wave get more current attention than 80's R&B and rap? Anyway, it was fun watching this again. We all went to see this in the theaters when we were kids. We didn't care it wasn't very good, we just wanted to see popping and locking and we weren't disappointed.

Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo. Iím almost embarrassed to admit I sat through this and liked it. At least for the 1st one I have nostalgic attachment so I have an excuse for liking it, this one Iíve never seen before and itís more painfully shameless and dated than the first. Yet, itís a more joyous and goofy affair, clearly modeled more after old-school movie musicals.

Mr. Nice Guy. Well, it's not one of his best, but I still like it for the construction site fight. That scene with the table saw -- sometimes he's just friggin crazy.