Page 181 of 194 FirstFirst ... 81131156171178179180181182183184191 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 2901

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Just saw Frozen.

Not as incredible as Ralph was, but it's still a charming flick that's destined to be a classic. I REALLY enjoyed it and I ended up liking Olaf more than I thought I would.

• secure all cargo

Frozen. I thought it was great, maybe better than Tangled. Good plot well told using interesting characters and interpersonal relationships with a few nice twists to boot. Olaf is as funny as everyone says and thankfully not overused. The songs are all very good even if they are a bit more Broadway than I prefer (theyíre obviously looking to cross this one over). My only regret is I didnít see this in 3D. And Get A Horse is great.

Darby OíGill and the Little People. Been wanting to check out some older live action Disney. The mischievous interplay between Darby and the King is a lot of fun. The disc includes a cool but way too short interview with Sean Connery himself telling a couple stories about his experiences on the film. Very cool.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

I just came back from Disney's new film, Frozen. Although hesitant at first, the great mind of Disney didn't let me down.

DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE RAPUNZEL IN THE BEGINNING OF THE FILM?!?!?!?!

• Disneyland PAP

Frozen - The night before I saw this, some friends told me they were disappointed with Frozen. They weren't impressed with the songs and it generally wasn't a classic Disney film to them. So, unavoidably going in with these thoughts in my mind, I could see how they could be disappointed as I watched the movie unfold. But I also thought the film was a great attempt at not following the classic Disney princess story line. I enjoyed it! I thought it was clever how they talked about subject matter, like falling in love and first love, in a way that was accessible to children. I think my friends expected the songs to be of the same category, e.g. swing or Norwegian. And while I noticed the style of the songs ranged from Broadway pop to swing to High School Musical-esque to chanting, I still enjoyed them overall (which is great since I took a chance and bought the special edition CD beforehand!). Listening to the CD, I'm enjoying the movie more after the fact.

Mary Poppins - Enjoyed seeing this on Blu-ray. Twice! Once as a movie and again listening to the audio commentary featuring Van Dyke, Andrews, Richard Sherman and others, same one that was on the DVD. Been looking forward to this Blu-ray ever since I realized Disney would have to released it finally close to its 50th anniversary. Now, I feel it makes a great warm up to seeing Saving Mr. Banks.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

SAVING MR. BANKS -- Caught this last week but forgot to post here. REally enjoyed 60% of it A LOT... and was bored with the other 40%. The film has two arcs really and one is about Traver's growing up. All of that, I just didn't care for for some reason, I don't know why. But it's a great film overall and a must for disney fans.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Disneyland PAP

Saving Mr. Banks - I watched this today. I loved it! Emma Thompson was amazing in it, drawing me in right from the start. Hanks as Disney was very good too. There's a monologue he has that really challenges him to deliver the spirit of Walt's charisma and humanity, and I think he nails it. But this story is all about PL Travers, her arc, her journey. Walt is just a catalyst for the journey we see she's forced to take. There were times the audience around me laughed at her curmudgeonly exterior, but I felt sad for her right from the start. And I teared up three times in the movie seeing what she has to overcome. I'm a softy! I bought Mary Poppins on Blu-ray and redeemed $10 in movie cash to watch Saving Mr. Banks. I couldn't use it at the theatre I saw it at today, but no matter. I look forward to using it at a theatre I can to see it again when it opens wide next week.

The Croods from Chris Sander (How to Train Your Dragon, Lilo & Stitch). He really excels at telling nuanced, emotionally-packed stories. I've always wondered what Bolt would have been if he'd stayed on! Can't wait to see Saving Mr. Banks and Frozen. I'm way behind!
    ~ Erik

• Goofy

saw frozen and its not the greatest movie and the movie had too much musical. in my opinion this movie is overhype.

i miss the old animation movies when they used to make those.

saw the hobit and i enjoyed it more better than frozen and it was entertaining.

Cali <3, But You'll find me in Agrabah sometimes

I just say Leroy and Stitch for the hundreth time *sigh*
    Princess Jasmine's trainee

• Avid MC reader since 2005

I just saw Frozen. I thought it was a mixture of good and bad. The songs seemed all wrong for the movie. The snowman and trolls were obnoxious. Parts of the movie seemed like "straight to dvd" quality. Then there were other parts that were picturesque and wonderful. I loved the beginning with the ice cutters for example. This movie disappointed me the same way that Brave did. Tangled stands head and shoulders above both of those movies in my opinion. I feel that Frozen could have been much more than what it was.

• Goofy

the little talking snow was the best part of the movie with me. he kept me pretty much entertained through the movie

Cali <3, But You'll find me in Agrabah sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    I just saw Frozen. I thought it was a mixture of good and bad. The songs seemed all wrong for the movie. The snowman and trolls were obnoxious. Parts of the movie seemed like "straight to dvd" quality. Then there were other parts that were picturesque and wonderful. I loved the beginning with the ice cutters for example. This movie disappointed me the same way that Brave did. Tangled stands head and shoulders above both of those movies in my opinion. I feel that Frozen could have been much more than what it was.
    I completely agree!
    Princess Jasmine's trainee

• secure all cargo

White Christmas. A lot of of the musical numbers never really stood out to me, but itís still always fun to watch in December.

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Iím not sure Iíve ever seen the whole thing in a single sitting til now. A lot of individual scenes are funny, but I donít feel like it deserves to be the classic itís made out to be. I definitely like the first film way more than this one.

Robin Hood. I canít remember if Iíve ever seen this or not. Some parts I recognize, other parts not at all. Anyway, it may not be the most innovative animation-wise, but it is charming.

The Moon-Spinners. One of Walt's attempts to capture a teenage audience. Mixed feelings, probably had potential to be really good, it can be suspenseful at times, beautiful on-location shots, but I never felt it particularly involving. They seem to be relying a lot on Hayley Mills' likability, but that only goes so far in this film.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Disneyland PAP

The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug - I was pleasantly surprised when, after the movie ended, my friends who've all read the Tolkien books (I haven't) felt the same way I did: When will this movie end!? It felt so long through much of the middle and third acts. It was certainly beautiful to look at; we saw it in 3D in a true IMAX theatre, and the CGI scapes and Kiwi landscapes were spectacular. However, I also realized those Elven folks sure do like to do a lotta walking and climbing to get to where they want to go in their labyrinthan world! The place is vast! (Also, on a side note, after seeing my last two 3D shows at the ArcLight, I'm never seeing 3D there again!)

Superman: The Movie - Yesterday I'd read on The Digital Bits website that this past weekend was the 35th anniversary of the opening of this movie. Inspired me to pop this in to watch again. After loving Man of Steel as much as I did, The Movie's started to really feel like a Disney movie to me, more a fantasy story than the superhero movie that made me believe a man can fly, if you know what I mean. Overall it's still a great film and John Williams' music is brilliant! Now I wanna see Man of Steel next!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post

Agree. Except that I love Olaf. He SAVED the picture.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html