Page 183 of 191 FirstFirst ... 83133158173180181182183184185186 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 2864

Cali <3, But You'll find me in Agrabah sometimes

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

I just watched Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas. It's a good movie.
    Princess Jasmine's trainee

• Bangarang!

Coming To America.

I'd forgotten how good it was.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

THE WOLF OF WALL STREET -- Everything you've heard about this movie is true. It's 3 hours. It's got a lot of sex and drugs. It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea. But what it is is an entertaining look at a life that the majority of us will never experience, and for that, it has value. Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill DO turn in knock out performances and they do deserve Oscar nominations and wins. While it don't think it's "best picture", I suppose I can see that it wasn't an easy film to make and Martin Scorcese did a solid job with it.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Goofy

saw the butler movie and it was great. had its sad and beautiful moments. i didn't like oprah in this movie at all. i thought she was kinda boring.i think a better actress could have a played it much better. to each to their own right.

• Heavy Breather

Recently watched ET for what seems like the millionth time.

This movie means so much to me I can't even begin to describe it.

Dropping the Sith Lord persona and speaking as a humble person(kind of), this film marked a massive point in my life. I saw it for the first time when it was re-released for its 20th Anniversary, so yes I saw it on the big screen.
    I immediately fell in love with the movie and had to have a VHS copy of it (yeah, remember those?). I watched it all the time and know it like the back of my hand, I can quote it to a tee.
    ET is still one if the most believable creatures ever put on screen, even 32 years later it blurs the line between animatronic/man in suit, and living being.
    The human actors are also wonderful, accurately portraying a dis functional family.
    The music, beautiful, it's John Williams so what else would you expect from the master of film score?
    Much like Star Wars and King Kong, ET is one of those movies that will live on in my heart forever, and hopefully other hearts as well.
    Here's hoping the film will continue to shine as bright as ET's heart.

• "Always On The Move..."

Lord Vader, I completely agree with you regarding ET. Every single word!
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• Triple Goddess

Just saw Lone Survivor. I left the theater in tears and with a greater respect for the men and women who serve in our armed forces. And also, for the bravery shown by the Pashtuns. Wow.

• Heavy Breather

Thank you AlohaStitch
    It truly is a timeless classic.

• Heavy Breather

The Thief and the Cobbler: Recobbled Cut-
    Richard Williams pet project for the better part of nearly 30 years, it is the tale of a shoemaker named Tack who, after a tangle with the eponymous Thief, is accused of attacking King Nods (Sir Anthony Quale) grand vizier Zig Zag (Vincent Price). Tack falls in love with the kings daughter Princess Yum Yum, and the Thief attempts to steal the Golden City's three precious golden balls, which sets in course a prophecy that if the balls are taken, the city will fall.

This film is legendary for its long production time, this is the absolute definition of an independent film, every bit of money that Richard earned went towards this project. It didn't get proper dining until Williams won two Academy Awards for Who Framed roger Rabbit. Warner Brothers funded the film until it turned out it wouldn't meet it's intended release date of 1992 (coincidently the same year Alaadin was released) and fired Williams from the project.
    Fred Calvert finished and subsequently butchered the film by cutting scenes, and making it a musical. It was released under two titles. Arabian Knight, and The Princess and the Cobbler.

This restoration is a nearly eight year endeavor to bring Williams original vision to life. Using resources graciously donated by animators and film collectors, the Recobbled Cut is a loving tribute to Williams lost dream.

The film itself is very interesting, the animation is so fluent and smooth, the designs are unique, and the characters are a lot of fun to watch. While the pacing of the story may be a little slow for some, I find it quite nice. The voice acting is also top notch. Vincent Price does an outstanding job as Zig Zag, even Sean Connery has a line in the film as Tack.
    But by far the best character is the Thief. He is just so persistent, even though we should be rooting against him, I find myself rooting for him. His Wile E. Coyote schemes are hilarious to watch and his facial expressions make it all the better.

If you wish to view this lost masterpiece of animation, you can find it on YouTube in 9 parts by the channel TheThiefArchive. Also on the channel you can see a collection of Richard Williams other work, like the numerous commercials he animated, and the Chuck Jone produced Christmas Carol short (which Williams directed).

(Disclaimer: new poster here, though I am a long-time lurker. Enjoy the shiny.)

I just watched one of the two sequels to The Little Mermaid, Ariel's Beginning. I'm not the target audience for the film (little girls), and while the animation was beautiful, overall it was rather meh.

• MiceChat Moderator

DREDD -- I enjoyed this reboot of the comic book character. It's treated much more serious than the Sylvester Stallone take on it and Karl Urban makes a decent Judge Dredd.. although I have to say that Stallone's beat up face makes for a better looking Dredd.

• Disneyland PAP

Waiting for Guffman - Just got cast in a play and during the audition and rehearsal process, this film sprang to life before my eyes. I just had to re-watch the film again.

The Goonies
    - I can now finally say I've seen The Goonies. It was a lotta fun! What was also very cool is the bonus feature of video of the actors with Richard Donner 20 years later providing commentary while watching the film together.

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (Criterion's Extended Version)
    - Finally watched the "mythic" road show version of this film, just now available on Blu-ray and enjoyed it. It's cobbled together with film, audio and photo stills to fill in what was originally cut, and it was very obvious what portions were new. I actually appreciated that; it let my brain stop stressing over trying to remember, "Is that scene added footage or not?" Much of what was added back in were very slight trims leading into scenes, like one or two seconds of dialogue-less moments. But there were also whole scenes, and most of those made me smile or laugh out loud. Because of the inconsistent nature of the film elements, I see this as more a document OF the road show cut than THE road show version. But I can see myself going back to watching it again from time to time.

Sky High - Found this Blu-ray at Big Lots for five bucks. Always wanted to watch it. It's cute.

• MiceChat Moderator

12 YEARS A SLAVE -- So incredibly brutal. Very hard to watch most of the time because it is so heartbreaking. But an important movie it is.

Quote Originally Posted by GagarianPrincess View Post
    I just watched Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas. It's a good movie.
    One of my regulars. Harryhausen keeps me grounded in this digital age.

I am watching "Oz Great & Powerful" and made a thread to discuss it at the Disney Movie Forum. I have it from the library for three weeks so I can watch it several times. After one watching I have mixed feelings.

"The Evil Mind" from 1935 starring Claude Rains and Fay Wray is on youtube. I found it fascinating as an example of British filmmaking from the period plus a chance to actually SEE Claude Rains, with whom I am most familiar as "The Invisble Man."
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

• Disneyland PAP

Night of the Living Dead - Received my Japanese import copy of this on Blu yesterday (Happinet label). I had not seen this since college which was some thirty years ago. But as the movie unfolded, I was surprised to remember the film so well! I recognized each character and almost remembered the entire film, which amazed me. What happens at the scene near the gas pump was one I totally forgot, but that turned out to be great that I did because it just added to my enjoyment of the film. Over the top with the musical cues but very well acted by most of the cast, this was just a huge blast to watch all over again. I'm gonna love watching this again and again. There's also a brilliant 40th anniversary making of bonus feature; only half way through it but it's great, featuring Romero, the cast and writers so far.