Page 184 of 192 FirstFirst ... 84134159174181182183184185186187 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 2873

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

CAPTAIN PHILLIPS -- Next up on my Oscar watch list and it was EPIC. INTENSE. Just nail biting entertainment. Good stuff.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    Night of the Living Dead...this was just a huge blast to watch all over again...I'm gonna love watching this again and again.
    Am so happy for you, sounds like a treat. This movie is memorable to me as the very first movie I ever saw in the theater that made me want to throw up. September, 1971. Once I gained my self-control I realized it was a masterpiece. Alas, if only I had the nerve to watch my favorite, Dawn of the Living Shopping Mall Dead, again...
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

• Queen Elsa

I just saw Frozen again for the 3rd time and still love this movie.

• MiceChat Moderator

CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS -- Just getting myself prepared for renting the sequel and also getting myself ready for THE LEGO MOVIE coming out this weekend! I love the first cloudy movie even still… so fun.

"Cockneys vs Zombies" on Netflix. "Fun & Fancy Free" on VHs

If it weren't that every other word is an f-word, "Cockneys vs Zombies" could be a Disney movie, filmed in London after The War. A couple of teenagers are joined by some really cute chicks as they try to save an old folks' home by executing a bank robbery in the midst of a zombie holocaust. Degenerates into absolute silliness as all ends well, with great sing-along punk music.

"Fun & Fancy Free" looked lovely despite the blurry reproduction. Skipped Bongo to watch 1947 Mickey (my hero, sigh). Interesting how Jiminy references alcohol as the answer to a tough day. Edgar Bergen seems such an ancient reference, but Willie's desire to turn into something pink seems funnier than ever.
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

• secure all cargo

Prince Avalanche. This is one of those films where the actors really inhabit and become those characters they are playing. Typical indie vibe, good writing, funny, poignant, touching.

The Heat. The trailer made this look kinda dumb to me. But once the two characters start working together I got into it and laughed a lot. Both of them are really good in this.

Toby Tyler, or Ten Weeks with a Circus. Donít let the cover fool you, itís not really a silly monkey movie, though the monkey does figure in a lot of the story. Itís unpretentious, funny, sweet & endearing, and definitely one of the more underappreciated Disney titles.

Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness. I still think the best scene of both these films is the role-reversed scene that really split a lot of fans. Many felt it was unearned when compared to the ďoriginal timelineĒ films, however I had the opposite reaction and felt that context added the weight the writers were going for. That scene was filmed well and the actors performed it brilliantly.

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Saw this on DVD again. The first time I ever saw this film was my best movie-going experience ever: El Capitan Theater in Hollywood, special engagement screening, Wulitzer organ, the big curtain being lifted, it just felt like this is the way a movie should be shown. And of course the movie itself was totally grand. Itís my 2nd favorite Walt-era live action film after Mary Poppins. James Mason is magnetic. Great debates between him and the professor. And thereís so much to geek out over like the steampunk sets. Total classic, I love it.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• MiceChat Moderator

THE LEGO MOVIE -- Saw it thursday night and loved it. Loved it! So fun from the very start. It does lose some momentum towards the end but I love the message they're trying to tell. Can't wait to see it again!

• Goofy

lego movie and it was great. I loved it a lot. I loved the good cop bad cop character. at first I was expecting not to be great. but I was wrong. and its number on at the box office hit as well.

• secure all cargo

Ong Bak 2: The Beginning. I liked it. The final fight scene was absolutely incredible. And other than the odd twist at the end I thought they did alright with the story.

Ong Bak 3: The Final Battle. Wow, what happened? Not a good movie. I admit I liked the idea that part 2 was about a guy bent on revenge and trained by a killer, then part 3 he wants nothing but peace and trained by a monk. They could have something interesting there. But really sloppy storytelling and extreme emphasis on mysticism takes it to the point it makes no sense. Most to its detriment is the fights are nothing comparable to the 1st 2 films.

Ong Bak: The Thai Warrior. After the bad taste of part 3 I needed to rewatch the first one again. Between part 1 and 2 it's hard to decide which I like better because they are so extremely different films. Can't say.

Hara-Kiri: Death of a Samurai. Really good. There's a lot of cruelty in the beginning and swordplay at the end which you'd expect, but the rest of the film is surprisingly tender and moving, and a reflective deconstruction of samurai mores and by extension Japan itself. I wonder how well this played over there.

• -

The Lego Movie Was great up until the end.
    Spoiler
    It should never have included all the live action junk. It just ruined the movie for me.

Edit: Come on, you know better than to throw spoilers like that at people! -coheteboy
    Last edited by Coheteboy; 02-19-2014 at 08:05 PM.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

"The Amazing Burt Wonderstone" - fun.

• Goofy

saving mr. banks. I was bored throughout the whole movie and what a waste of money. the music was the best part throughout the entire movie. overrated in my view.

• secure all cargo

Safety Not Guaranteed. I liked it. Itís a fun premise, well written, occasionally laugh-out-loud funny, and it clearly likes all its characters which all makes the ending pay off quite well.

Man of Tai Chi. The lead guyís performance is too flat, but Keanu has directed a pretty good martial arts film otherwise. The fighting is spectacular yet grounded and he throws in some brief but interesting & distinct visual choices to tell the story. As for Keanuís own performance, in spite of a couple quick shots he went too over the top (itís only going to reinforce his detractorsí negative opinions of his acting), he actually has a surprisingly strong presence.

The Protector (Tom-Yum-Goong). Really awesome fight scenes and the 4.5 minute one-shot is really astounding when you think about it. Some of the filmmaking is laughable, but I probably liked the choreography more than Ong Bak which was the better overall film.

I'been watch "the darkest hour"

TOYS RUS FOR KIDS

• MiceChat Moderator

THIS IS THE END -- AHAHAHAHAHA what a funny and well made comedy. Very vulgar but expected from this camp. Highly recommend if you like those guys.