Page 186 of 190 FirstFirst ... 86136161176183184185186187188189 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 2840

• secure all cargo

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Captain America: The Winter Soldier. I liked it even more than the first film, plus it's the best of the Phase 2 films so far. And even with the shaky-cam it has the best action of all the Avenger films to date. They did a really good job with putting familiar characters into new situations that really test all of them.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Thanks, Flikering Bulb. I think in time, people will realize Frozen is kinda just… meh. It's certainly not the worst Disney has done but faaaaar from the best.

And yah I saw CAPTAIN AMERICA THE WINTER SOLDIER ​as well and it was really full of stuff. I need to see it again. Too many easter eggs to count! Two hours and 15 minutes though… it felt long but didn't feel long. Hard to explain.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• hunter of Hidden Mickeys

I've already seen Captain America: Winter Soldier twice since it came out, loved it the second time as much as the first. The fight choreo was AMAZING to watch, and it was fun spotting all the easter eggs they threw in there too. Totally wouldn't mind seeing it a third time!

• secure all cargo

The Lone Ranger. Gave it a second chance and while my opinions of what could have been better hasnít changed, I tried to put that aside and admittedly enjoyed it more.

Serenity. I kinda like this even more than The Avengers (Whedonís bigger film). I saw this when it first came out without seeing the TV show, and I keep saying Iíll get to the show but never do.

Flash Point. Iíve always thought the final chase and fight is one of the best put to any Hong Kong film. Very exciting.

Pacific Rim
    . Really love this. So much fun and I just watch with wide-eyed wonder. I've read del Toro interviews since and he talks about keeping it innocent and not doing the "Bruckheimer late adolescent impulses" or pathologizing everything. In retrospect that's totally true and one of the reasons I love this film.

Escape Plan. Itís OK, nothing great but is watchable throughout. You kinda hope thereíd be more fun to the scenes with them both, but itís still nice to see them together a full film. And Schwarzenegger gives one of his best acted scenes ever, even if the character itself is just pretending.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Tomorrow's Child

Frozen.

The Lone Ranger.

Both spectaculars, one being a spectacular hit and the other a spectacular mess.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Infinitized!

Disneynature's Bears - another great entry in the Disneynature line. Lots of great footage.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    Frozen.

The Lone Ranger.

Both spectaculars, one being a spectacular hit and the other a spectacular mess.

Frozen is the spectacular mess right?

Hehe I kid I kid!

But seriously… it's Frozen.

12 Years a Slave

The Grey

Frozen

Lincoln

• "Always On The Move..."

The 1946 French version of Beauty and the Beast. A black and white classic that is considered by critics and fans of the genre to be the ultimate Beauty and the Beast film. Breathtaking filming and acting. I've only seen it with the English subtitles and personally feel that English dubbing would take away it's beauty. Highly recommend it.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• Tomorrow's Child

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Frozen is the spectacular mess right?

Hehe I kid I kid!

But seriouslyÖ it's Frozen.
    ba-dum-tish!

I'd shock a few people if I said yes. Its not like The Lone Ranger was poorly made. It had some great effects, costuming and make-up etc. but the plot was all over the place.

Even Home on the Range, which is a bit of a stinker in parts, is a better Western movie. Yeah... I said it.

###

Saw Captain America: The Winter Soldier today. Great film, with some cracking FX sequences and the best cinematic car chase(s) I've seen in quite some time.

Plus there were some great Easter eggs dotted about. And even a probably unintentional Disney cross-reference with Star Wars.

If I had to pick though, I'd say that The First Avenger just edges past as a better overall film. And I do mean just. There were a couple of times where I though TWS slowed down a little, but it paid off when the proceeding action sequences occurred.
    That'll have to be my only gripe. That, and it seemed a little more edgy in the violence department compared to TFA, but its not a deal breaker. I guess that's how movies are moving. Just look at New Bond - they're just overly violent now.

I did like how it tied into Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - and with having only just seen the AoS episode 'Turn, Turn, Turn', it all felt like being part of a grander collection of work. I think seeing the reveal in the TV series first was better than seeing it in the movie.

Anyway, great stuff. Roll on Cap III.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    ba-dum-tish!

I'd shock a few people if I said yes. Its not like The Lone Ranger was poorly made. It had some great effects, costuming and make-up etc. but the plot was all over the place.

Even Home on the Range, which is a bit of a stinker in parts, is a better Western movie. Yeah... I said it.

Ouch!

Home on the Range has some great songs and great colorful animation. It's just a story that should be compacted into a 20 minute short cartoon and packaged with another short cartoon… like Disney did in the 40's.

Lone Ranger has some good in it. It just needs to be edited (remove the framing device of old Tonto, remove the crazy zombie rabbits, remove the heart-eating) and get the two heroes together sooner than later and it'll be a better movie overall.

I'll still buy Lone Ranger on blu eventually… but I'll wait until it's $15 or less.

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Ouch!

Home on the Range has some great songs and great colorful animation. It's just a story that should be compacted into a 20 minute short cartoon and packaged with another short cartoon… like Disney did in the 40's.

Lone Ranger has some good in it. It just needs to be edited (remove the framing device of old Tonto, remove the crazy zombie rabbits, remove the heart-eating) and get the two heroes together sooner than later and it'll be a better movie overall.

I'll still buy Lone Ranger on blu eventually… but I'll wait until it's $15 or less.
    I've never seen Home on the Range, but I did pick up the CD and agree, the music is excellent!

I'm waiting for The Lone Ranger to be offered as a Disney Movie Reward, following in the footsteps of the John Carter Blu-ray. #fingerscrossed

• Still lost in Neverland

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaStitch View Post
    The 1946 French version of Beauty and the Beast. A black and white classic that is considered by critics and fans of the genre to be the ultimate Beauty and the Beast film. Breathtaking filming and acting. I've only seen it with the English subtitles and personally feel that English dubbing would take away it's beauty. Highly recommend it.
    I have seen that film multiple times in so called Art Theaters and it has always been subtitled in English. I finally got the Criterion DVD and it also is sub titled. But it is such an amazingly beautiful film that I don't mind it at all. The actors and make-up plus pretty neat in-camera special effect are just fantastic. For its time it is an incredible movie and I highly recommend it to any fan of B&B.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Disneyland PAP

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Watched it in Real D 3D. The 3D was amazing. The sequel wasn't. My buddies enjoyed it more than me, but we all were not impressed by it. And we're comic book geeks. I was bored most of the time, might just mean I'm getting old and have seen too many comic book movies. The post-credits scene might've been better than the whole movie for me if not for the fact that it came way outta left field when it came up and all I kept thinking during it was "WTH-?!"

• Goofy

I hear its not that great. from the commmercials I have seen it looks too emo stylish.