Page 187 of 194 FirstFirst ... 87137162177184185186187188189190 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 2908

• secure all cargo

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Meet Me in St. Louis. One of my favorite movie musicals. I don't usually say this about movies, but this one really is magical. The feel of the movie is so light and effortless you almost don't realize how good are the acting, direction, and storytelling. Maybe a couple instances in the middle don't translate so well today. But I love how simple yet poignant is the story. Total crowd-pleaser.

Draft Day. It's probably a more sanitized version of the NFL, nothing real ugly happens here, but I liked it. It takes long to set things up, but the payoff at the end is real nice. Worth a matinee.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Not here to help

I just saw "The Wind Rises" by Studio Ghibli. It's an animated movie for adults. It is a true story that I am happy to have seen. It was also nominated for an Oscar, but the award went to Frozen. Unfair but true.
    Sorry Disney... but sometimes you should be more like Studio Ghibli.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Minion

^I know what you mean with Ghibli. I'd love to see how WDAS would tackle a film in the vein of Ghibli, but even if they called it "Disney's Serious Dramatic Film" some people would be disappointed and complain that it was not a 'fun family film'. Shame really.

Last film I watched..

From up on Poppy Hill
    A wonderfully detailed animation, perhaps a little slow and not a particularly deep plot but still good nonetheless.

Some nice period touches as well, like the use of 'Sukiyaki'.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Minion

Dinosaur
    I'd not seen this since it was released on DVD, and I was unsure at how it would look 14 years and numerous CG improvements later, but surprisingly it holds up pretty well. Sure there's the odd bit that shows its age (just as Toy Story does now) and its mainly down to lighting and shading, but overall its still quite a clever mix of live action and animation.

Story wise, yeah its not so hot, a bit 'movie of the week' with not a great deal of depth. And some of the dialogue is a bit jarring now; "I'm the monkey of love" being one particularity cringe worthy utterance.

The score wasn't bad either, I'm surprised its not used in the parks more.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

PHILOMENA -- Really a charming film. Very much enjoyed it. Steve Coogan and Judi Dench are great as always.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Warm Hugging Anna

ANNIE=I Have always like that moive when I was little infact Alieen Quinn is the same age as I am.

• former CM

"Neighbors"

My favorite comedy since "Bridesmaids." Strong performance by Zac Efron.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

GODZILLA -- Really liked it! It's what Pacific Rim SHOULD have been like and I might go as far as saying this took what Jurassic Park and the Lost World was going for and kicked it up a notch and even improved upon it. I can't help but wonder that the guys working on Jurassic World are worried if their film doesn't kick it up a notch.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• secure all cargo

Bears. Beautiful film. First Disneynature doc I've seen and this definitely makes me want to check out more of them. Does justice to the legacy of the True-Life Adventure films.

Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Capt America 2. I rewatched all of the phase 2 movies again. Iron Man 3 is alright, I really enjoy Thor 2, and loved Capt 2. Add to that the fact the TV show has improved greatly and had a very satisfying season finale, and now I can't wait for Guardians.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    GODZILLA -- Really liked it! It's what Pacific Rim SHOULD have been like...
    Personally I loved Pacific Rim, but I am definitely excited about Godzilla. Encouraging to hear you liked it so much.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

The Strangers
    Escape from Tomorrow
    Elysium
    It

• Heavy Breather

Godzilla: Wow, just wow. This movie was a spectacle from beginning to end. Not only does it respect the original film and source material. It was also able to give the King of the Monsters the respect he deserves with western audiences. I won't spoil anything, but I can say this, if you hate Roland Emmerichs sodomization of the character back in 1998, this Godzilla will blow your mind!! He looks like the original Godzilla, with enough of a redesign to be considered current. The design of the new monsters looked amazing, and are worthy foes for Godzilla. The acting is strong, the effects are magnificent, and it was an all around perfect revival of the character after a nearly ten year hiatus. In short, the King...has returned.

• former CM

"X-men: Days of Future Past"
    Why do Superhero movies attract so many excellent actors? Oh yeah, money.
    And they are our Greek/Roman gods.

I really liked this in 3D, and my favorite detail was how Peter Dinklage's character was so well thought out.
    (If only as much care had been put into the at first interesting, but ultimately stupid Genenal Zod in the most recent Superman movie, then that would have been more interesting and classic.)

--Tom Sinsky
    Last edited by jcruise86; 05-23-2014 at 01:10 PM.

• "Always On The Move..."

Mulan One of my all time favorite movies. Always inspirational, both the songs and the story. I know at one time a live-action film was planned and I was really looking forward to it. However I miss Ping at the M&G's. I don't understand why Disney has Mulan in her dress as in the movie that was the last thing she wanted to wear. Wish they would have stuck with Ping. Much more inspirational to girls instead of making her a pretty pretty princess.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    Godzilla: Wow, just wow. This movie was a spectacle from beginning to end. Not only does it respect the original film and source material. It was also able to give the King of the Monsters the respect he deserves with western audiences. I won't spoil anything, but I can say this, if you hate Roland Emmerichs sodomization of the character back in 1998, this Godzilla will blow your mind!! He looks like the original Godzilla, with enough of a redesign to be considered current. The design of the new monsters looked amazing, and are worthy foes for Godzilla. The acting is strong, the effects are magnificent, and it was an all around perfect revival of the character after a nearly ten year hiatus. In short, the King...has returned.
    I saw it in 3D IMAX with my almost 9-year-old today and we liked it. On another thread, a Micechatter, "14mph," suggested that an early line in the movie that's in the previews
    Spoiler
    "Let them fight."

would be a good slogan for the battle between Universal and Disney parks.

I sort of liked the "Jaws" less is more use of Godzilla, and I was really impressed by the design of the
    Spoiler
    monsterS

but I thought some of the acting was bad--especially the son of Bryan Cranston's character. And even Ken Watanabe, who was so excellent in "The Sands of Iwo Jima," seemed to phone it in with one expression in the whole movie.

The movie also reminded me of a comment on Mystery Science Theater 3000 when they were watching giants move in a cheesy movie. "Oh, I get it. Slow means big."

• Minion

X Men
    I thought it was really good, the plot was easy to follow even though I never watched any of the previous films. I give it a 9/10