Page 188 of 191 FirstFirst ... 88138163178185186187188189190191 LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 2862

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

i saw grand piano with elijah wood the other day was really good. Also saw a horror called cheap thrills with ethan embry which was also decent

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

DEAR MR WATTERSON -- Documentary about a filmmaker's quest to better understand Bill Watterson, the creator of Calvin & Hobbes. He doesn't look for him per se, but interviews many others in the comic industry and other fans as they find answers to why and how such a master of his craft was such a recluse.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• i heart plunging v-necks

Blue is the warmest color. Very French, raw, and graphic.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    "X-men: Days of Future Past" . . .
    Since I really liked it, I saw it again. I liked it even more the second time!

The last "summer" movies I saw twice were "The Avengers" and "Star Trek into Darkness." Although I liked those, I liked them more the first time, but "X-men: Days of Future Past" was even better for me the second time around because Peter Dinklage is my favorite villain since Alfred Molina became Doctor Octopus in "Spiderman 2." I've written this before--probably about 50 or 100 pages back on this thread, but I love Lee Marvin's response when asked why he plays bad guys so well. He acted surprised by the question and informed the interviewer, "I've never played a bad guy." Realistic & sympathetic antagonist motivation is what makes a superhero story begin to approach Milton's "Paradise Lost."

• MiceChat Moderator

A MILLION WAYS TO DIE IN THE WEST -- ​I absolutely enjoyed it! Very entertaining and I laughed big time towards the end. The score by Joel McNeely is also really fantastic. I recommend it if you like Seth MacFarlane style comedy.

• secure all cargo

Godzilla. I generally enjoyed it though not as much as Iíd hoped. Cons: I canít fault the director for his reverence for the original. But in sticking to the originalís tone, unfortunately the characters, some of the performances, & story direction werenít robust enough to carry the weight of all that seriousness. [SPOILERS] And in all the post-release interviews they miss the point in addressing complaints about not enough Godzilla. Itís not about the so-called Jaws-like build up, itís that even after he shows up it feels like the other kaiju have more scenes than the king himself. Pros: That said, all the monster scenes were still pretty great. Itís still best seen on the big screen.

His Girl Friday. Pretty well made screwball comedy and itís easy to see why itís a classic. That said, Iíve decided screwball comedies from that time generally donít age well for me. So while I can appreciate the craftsmanship and performances, I canít say I need to watch it again.

Jaws. Iíve had the DVD forever and finally broke it out. Still suspenseful even today. Great acting. Some of the shots are really amazing.

Spy Kids 2: Island of Lost Dreams. I donít remember enjoying the 1st one as much as I liked this one. Total kid fantasy film. My kids chose this for movie night and it probably helped my enjoyment that they laughed so much.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• MiceChat Moderator

HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2 -- I liked it. It was very entertaining and had some moving moments and great action. But I advise anyone to not watch the trailers if you can help it. There's things in this film that would have been better left as a surprise. The film also suffers from the lack of Chris Sanders co-directing the film. A bumpy part of the film is when you can't tell whether or not they want to end the movie or keep it going. It was a bit distracting and definitely stood out for me. But overall, still an entertaining film.

HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON --
    Revisiting the original, this is definitely the superior film in every way. Better written, directed, everything. This movie gets better with age while the CG doesn't.

• "Always On The Move..."

I am so sorry to hear that Chris Sanders isn't involved in the film. His direction is what makes the original (and also Lilo and Stitch) one of my all time favorites. Thanks for the head's up about the trailer. I've only seen the very first teaser one. I've been so looking forward to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaStitch View Post
    I am so sorry to hear that Chris Sanders isn't involved in the film. His direction is what makes the original (and also Lilo and Stitch) one of my all time favorites. Thanks for the head's up about the trailer. I've only seen the very first teaser one. I've been so looking forward to this.

He is still executive producer, but he's busy directing another movie right now.

X-MEN DAYS OF FUTURE PAST: Finally saw it! It was… fine. I liked it enough, it had some cool moments, but I guess I don't feel like I liked it enough to own. I think I dislike mostly the design of it all, from the sentinels, to the costumes, etc. Still waiting to see a REAL X-Men movie that isn't just a variation of the last few.

• Goofy

xman days of future pass what a great movie. best action movie i have seen this year.

a million ways to die in the west i was dissapointed and the only good parts were the jokes. it was too long

• secure all cargo

X-Men: First Class. Not sure why I didn't take to this one when I first saw it, so I gave it a try again. Pretty good. The cameo is still easily the best part.

​The Wolverine. I thought maybe I should watch it again before seeing the new film. Liked it as much as before.

X-Men: Days of Future Past. I think this is my favorite X-Men film. Even though I've generally enjoyed the prior films (even the much maligned Origins and Last Stand) I've never felt particularly invested in the series until now. I absolutely love how they managed to tie together so much of what has happened in pretty much all the previous films. It seems much more epic now. That makes me feel like it was worth investing in those previous films, even when I didn't necessarily feel connected to or passionate about them.

• MiceChat Moderator

MALEFICENT -- I don't think I disliked a movie more this year than this. The whole duration I couldn't be less compelled by what I was seeing. How could they do this to Maleficent? It was terrible! UGH. I'll post more in the post about but... it's not even a disappointment. I pure disliked it.

• MiceChat Moderator

HUNGER GAMES 2: CATCHING FIRE -- Never read the books and I was super bored with the first movie but I thought I keep going. I was really bored with this one too, but it got more interesting when they finally got into the arena. I'm more interested in what happens in the third now.

• "Always On The Move..."

In honor of it's 25th Anniversary today Ghostbusters II. Still just as funny and great.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• secure all cargo

How to Train Your Dragon. I've seen a lot of this in bits and pieces, plus we took our daughters to see the live stage show at the Honda Center last year, but I've never seen the film all the way through til now. Not only beautiful to look at but incredibly heartfelt, warm, and well told. My oldest daughter's favorite film.

How to Train Your Dragon 2
    . My oldest daughter's new favorite film. For me, not as good as the first and a tad preachy, but truly ambitious in terms of the animation, character development, mature themes, and expanding the Dragons universe. Most of it works well.

Dragonslayer. A more traditional dragon story. I used to watch this all the time, but it's probably been 25 years. Vermithrax has to be the best dragon ever put to film. Other than the occasional obvious blue screen outline, the effects actually hold up incredibly well even today including the animatronic life-size head and especially the 1st use of go-motion. When you watch it crawling trough the tunnels the motion is so much more fluid than traditional stop-motion it actually feels more realistic than CG Smaug.