Page 25 of 191 FirstFirst ... 1522232425262728355075125 ... LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

The Princess and the Frog- Love loved the storyline, characters, and the music. It made me laugh and cry, mostly laugh. Can't wait to own this on Blu Ray.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

District 9- Bought it on DVD and watched it with Dad. Still a great film!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post

No, not NINE the musical, 9 the animated movie.

Honestly, it was very cool to look at, but the story made no sense.

I just popped this in too and yes, it definitely looked impressive, it just fail to grab my attention. I wanted to sleep more than stay awake and in the end, it just makes you go "Huhhh?" more than anything.

It's interesting I suppose and a good spark of an idea. It just doesn't take you as far as I needed it to take me.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• I'm not really here

Just saw Sherlock Holmes. Loved it! Been reading the novels since I was young and this made me happy.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Disneyland PAP

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Popped in the Blu-ray. Remembered I had low expectations seeing it in theatres but really being entertained by it. Seeing it again, it was still entertaining but didn't really wow me so much. I'm afraid I'm turning into a jaded HP film fan.

The General - OH. MY. GOD!!! For any fans of classic silent movie comedies or any Blu-ray owners who want to own at least one black and white film in their collection, I highly recommend this Blu-ray. Once again, I bought another title I've never seen before, coaxed by all of the positive word of mouth I read about it online, and I loved it! A young Buster Keaton shows off just how athletic and blindly trusting he is doing his own stunt work on a moving locomotive, in this beautiful black and white film that looks like clearly shot sepia-tone moving pictures. The film was released in 1926 and it's amazing how much clarity and detail there is to see, in both foreground figures and background scenery. I LOL'd several times during the movie and was surprised by the strong story that included drama, tension, action and romance, all through a 1920's filter. I still need to watch Gone With the Wind (another blind buy title sitting on my Blu-ray shelf), but I imagine The General as the 1920's version of a GWTW-type film, decidedly lighter in tone, of course, and in less than half the running time!

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    The General - OH. MY. GOD!!! For any fans of classic silent movie comedies or any Blu-ray owners who want to own at least one black and white film in their collection, I highly recommend this Blu-ray. Once again, I bought another title I've never seen before, coaxed by all of the positive word of mouth I read about it online, and I loved it! A young Buster Keaton shows off just how athletic and blindly trusting he is doing his own stunt work on a moving locomotive, in this beautiful black and white film that looks like clearly shot sepia-tone moving pictures. The film was released in 1926 and it's amazing how much clarity and detail there is to see, in both foreground figures and background scenery. I LOL'd several times during the movie and was surprised by the strong story that included drama, tension, action and romance, all through a 1920's filter. I still need to watch Gone With the Wind (another blind buy title sitting on my Blu-ray shelf), but I imagine The General as the 1920's version of a GWTW-type film, decidedly lighter in tone, of course, and in less than half the running time!
    The General is definitely awesome! It's also in the top ten best comedies of all time. What Buster Keaton did in that movie was amazing. It's like watching a Jackie Chan movie. I remember when I saw it for the first time about 10 years ago, I was absolutely amazed by it. They had it playing at the California State Railroad Museum in Sacramento. That's where I saw it for the first time.

• Shifting cargo

Julie and Julia. I saw it in theatre over the summer and watched it again last night. It makes my mouth water so badly for some hearty cookin'!

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Just this guy......

Just saw Sherlock Holmes. FUN, fun, fun film. It might not be traditional Holmes, but still a great film.

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    Just saw Sherlock Holmes. FUN, fun, fun film. It might not be traditional Holmes, but still a great film.
    You might want to read this post from a fellow MiceChatter and live-long Holmes fan. I found it very interesting.

Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut - A friend came over to sit down and experience HDTV and Blu-ray for the first time. After showing off a scene each in Superman: The Movie and Star Trek: The Motion Picture that reveal more in Blu-ray than previously noticed, he wanted to watch this version of Superman II that he hadn't yet seen. Like me, he enjoyed it much more than the theatrical cut. It's just a shame they couldn't come up with a more satisfying ending.

• Senior Minion

It's Complicated. 2 thumbs way up!!! Great laugh-out-loud movie!!
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Maybe I saw a different "It's Complicated". Or maybe I'm a dude. (i only thought it was okay)

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Mrs. J. Depp

Watched Elf on Christmas Eve. That movie is just too funny for its own good. The other night I watched Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian. Pretty funny. Bill Hader is hilarious. Overall I enjoyed it.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Disneyland PAP

Yesterday I finally picked up The Wild Wild West Complete Series DVD collection. I loved watching the show when I was a kid. Included in the set is a bonus disc of the two made-for-TV reunion movies made several years after the series was cancelled. I'd seen them when they first ran on the TV and was curious to see how they'd hold up to watch now that I'm a lot more decerning.

Wild Wild West Revisited – A campier story and tone than they'd done in the original series, the charm and chemistry of Conrad and Ross together as Jim West and Artemis Gordon who play their roles here as straight as they can get away with just manages to make this a worthwhile experience for me.

More Wild Wild West – This sequel is almost non-stop camp and crosses over (or attempts to) into full-on comedy. With Jonathan Winters and Victor Bruno in guest-starring roles, I guess how could it not. But it seems like that fact takes some of the steam from Conrad’s performance. Clearly less satisfying than the first reunion movie, I almost stopped it halfway through the flick, but managed to persevere to the end. Seeing the hot blondes Candi and Randi Brough in the last act of the flick helped make the suffering a lot less painful.

• Circle of Ancients

It's Complicated

Saw this on Wednesday, thought it was cute. Some parts were a little too girly for me, but it was good.

Jennifer's Body

LOVED it. Just the right amount of gore and campyness ... a little lacking on the nakedness, but what can you do.

• Circle of Ancients

Inglourious Basterds

LOVED it, as I knew I would.