Page 31 of 191 FirstFirst ... 62128293031323334415681131 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Leap Year, not worth the $ or time. Very disappointed. Very.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Bo View Post
    Leap Year, not worth the $ or time. Very disappointed. Very.
    My wife wanted to see that until I very clearly pointed out that they told the whole story in the trailer.

- Girl wants boyfriend to propose ... he doesn't
    - Girl hears about "Leap Year" tradition and flies to (is it Scotland) to propose herself
    - Girl get's in sticky situation, meet's handsome scottish person
    - Girl and Scottish person get in more sticky situations, have to share a bed, start to fall in love
    - Boyfriend of Girl finally proposes and Girl has to choose between BF and Scottish Person
    - Girl Chooses Scottish person

(Sorry if I ruined it for everybody) ...

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I hate when they do that ^.

Some trailers show WAY too much of the movie. Usually, it's the funniest parts of the movie. Then, they aren't at all funny when you actually go see it.

• Disneyland PAP

^ I might rent the incredibly predictable and spoiled-by-its-trailer Leap Year just to see the cutie Amy Adams.

Little Miss Sunshine
    - Finally opened this Netflix envelope last night that's been sitting next to my TV for four months. Cute movie, lotsa laughing out loud for me. Glad I finally watched it. Also just canceled my Netflix subscription.

• Circle of Ancients

Law Abiding Citizen

I thought it was pretty awesome. A cool story where you start out okay with a little vengeance, but it gets taken way too far ... and a movie with an ending that REALLY pays off.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by Tui View Post
    I've heard people say, despite it not being heard of much, it is arguably the best movie of '09.
    I'm not sure if it was the best movie, but I have to say that Moon and District 9 were the two best sci-fis of 2009. Both were original ideas, not like Dances With Wolves in space; Avatar.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

The Pineapple Express- My Mom and Dad had bought it and they finally opened it, and we popped it in and watched it. They really didn't like it that much, but I was laughing and having a good time. I do admit it is a little slow, but I think it's entertaining. However, you kind have got to be in the mood for it and maybe a little immature to like it.

• Bucket List Car

The Blind Side. Loved it.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Me and the GF watched Up in the Air. My second time seeing it, she thought it was ok. She's kinda getting annoyed that I keep recommending these depressing movies, but I had to remind her that Lovely Bones was her idea. lol.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Circle of Ancients

^ I was thinking of seeing either of those movies tomorrow while the wife is on her way to Hawaii. Which one do you recommend more?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Leap Year made very good use of the "If your apartment was on fire and you only had 60 seconds to grab things, what would you grab" question. It's certainly not high film, but quite enjoyable.

Moon was amazing. Sam Rockwell never fails to put on a good show.

Pirate Radio was a trip. Certainly not award winning film, but if you enjoy a rowdy, rock filled movie with a lot of British accents, you'll love it. I did! Laughs and great tunes, I'm not sure I could ask for more.

The Book of Eli. I would have bet I would view this as just another post-apocalyptic film that seems to be the norm these days. I was suprised that it's religious plot really spoke to me. It actually very clearly verbalized my feelings on religious wars. Plus it's visually stunning and yeah, really, really violent.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    ^ I was thinking of seeing either of those movies tomorrow while the wife is on her way to Hawaii. Which one do you recommend more?
    I enjoyed Up in the Air a lot more. Lovely Bones seemed like it was trying to be a better film than it was.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Minion

Sherlock Holmes: I am a HUGE HUGE fan of Robert Downey Jr. , but I didnt like this movie. I didnt think it was that funny. I know it got really great reviews but just didnt do anything for me.

Book of Eli: I really enjoyed this movie. Here's what I pulled up from the internet:
    Eli (Denzel Washington) has been on a journey for 30 years, walking west across America after a cataclysmic war that turned the earth into a total wasteland. The world has become a lawless civilization where people must kill or be killed . Eli is a peaceful man who only acts in self defense, and becomes a warrior with unbelievable killing skills when he is challenged. After the war and the "Big Flash", Eli was guided by a higher power to a hidden book and given the task of protecting the book and taking it to its final destination. Eli guards the book with his life, because he knows that the book is the only hope that humanity has for its future.

I would def go see it again. I heard mixed reviews about this. I love Denzel Washington, very talented actor. This may sound ridiculious to some here, but it really spoke to my own heart (Spiritually). I sat there thinking a lot... When a movie gets you thinking you know theres meaning behind it, when you're in deep thought & pertaining it to your life.

I left this movie with encouragement, and I will def see it again if my friends want to see it.

• Circle of Ancients

Didn't get to the movies today, was enjoying the rain too much.

Tonight we are watching The Emperors New Groove

Such an awesome movie that doesn't get the credit it deserves. Just hilarious.

• Infinitized!

Got to the theater this evening and finally saw...

The Princess and The Frog - Great Movie! I really enjoyed it . It's refreshing to see 2D animation once again. But it's too bad it's not pulling in the numbers Disney had hoped it would. It's sad that it's not even in the top ten on the box office chart. Alvin and the Chipmunks 2 is in 4th place? Give me a break!