Page 38 of 191 FirstFirst ... 132835363738394041486388138 ... LastLast
Results 556 to 570 of 2854
  1. #556

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    22,687

    Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

    The Wolfman

    It's probably been 15-20 years since I've seen the original, but I REALLY liked this one. Some tributes to the original without being a full on remake. Definately more gore than I thought there would be, but that's a good thing.

    Dear John

    Full-On chick movie. It is what it is, sappyness that the woman loves. And that's ok with me.


  2. #557

    • Disneyland PAP
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Harbor City, CA
    Posts
    1,298

    Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

    Michael Jackson's This Is It - Had it on while doing house chores. Great to listen to, at times distracting enough to put chores on hold to watch.

    The Princess Bride - Saw the Blu-ray/DVD combo pack on sale for $15 at Target, decided it would be the perfect movie to watch tonight. Looks beautiful in high def; great deal for a classic romcom.

  3. #558

    • Mrs. J. Depp
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    4,055

    Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

    Valentines Day. Loved it. It was so funny. Patrick Dempsey and Taylor Lautner were so delicious. Something that bothered me from the beginning is that every time someone kissed someone else, there was no "kiss sound", their lips just touched and it was weird. Other than that, good movie.


    Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

  4. #559

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,357

    Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

    Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    Valentines Day. Loved it. It was so funny. Patrick Dempsey and Taylor Lautner were so delicious. Something that bothered me from the beginning is that every time someone kissed someone else, there was no "kiss sound", their lips just touched and it was weird. Other than that, good movie.

    Nobody told you that this was an interactive movie? It's up to you to make those sounds with your movie buddy.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  5. #560

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,749

    Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

    Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    Michael Jackson's This Is It - Had it on while doing house chores. Great to listen to, at times distracting enough to put chores on hold to watch.
    My advice- dance with the vacuum cleaner This is such an awesome movie.

  6. #561

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,370

    Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

    It is so rare to have an overnight babysitter (thank you Mom) that Tinkmomma and I burned a couple gift cards last night and caught 2 movies.

    Valentine's Day- think 200 Cigarettes 10 years later. "Storyline" if you can call it that was a lot of fun... overall not a "bad" movie but somewhat predictable and really heavy on the "chick flick". The star studded cast was amusing in itself because you kept wondering what parts these big names would have.

    The Wolfman- If you like the original werewolf monster then you will likely like this as well. However I pose an honest question with this... if Star Wars was made today, and not "back then" would the special effects be "better" or would they be the same?... There has been a lot of upgrades since the original werewolf, about the last time I saw anything that resembled it was Teen Wolf. I didn't know Michael J Fox was related to them. From Killer Instinct the video game, to American Werewolf in Paris, to Underworld, to Van Helsing... modern media has turned the shaggy dogman into a truly terrifying mythic beast. Initially The Wolfman hid the monster and I thought this was to build up suspense. There was a lot of gore but gore didn't bother me. The feet, the claws, perfect. Then they show the face and all I could think was "Hey Michael where's your varsity jacket?". I was really underwhelmed and disappointed in the monster. Since the monster essentially is the movie, my disappointment spoiled any enjoyment I would get from the movie itself outside of enjoying time with Tinkmomma.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  7. #562

    • Disneyland PAP
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Harbor City, CA
    Posts
    1,298

    Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    My advice- dance with the vacuum cleaner This is such an awesome movie.
    LOL! Of all the house chores on my to-do list yesterday, that was one of the ones I didn't get to. It was probably 'cuase I spent more time sitting on the couch watching moments from the movie than I should have.

  8. #563

    •   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Not quite here.
    Posts
    21,298

    Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

    In the theater, I saw:

    Percy Jackson and the Olympians - The Lightning Thief: I went to this because my younger daughter loves the Percy Jackson book series, and unlike Twilight, this looked watchable even to an old guy like me. My expectations were exceeded. I dug it.

    At home on cable I watched:

    Next: This movie stunk. It's about a Vegas card cheat (Nicolas Cage) and magician who exploits his ability to see two minutes into the future and is sought by the FBI to be used as a service animal to uncover a terrorist plot to detonate a nuke in L.A. The ending was awful, and essentially reveals to the viewer that they just wasted the last hour of their lives.

    Death Sentence: Kevin Bacon plays a suit whose kid gets killed in a gas station robbery, which inspires him to become a vigilante, endangering the rest of his family, the gang he takes on, and the incompetent police force trying to keep up with it all. It wasn't great, but it was a lot better than Next. Very violent, however.
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

    Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    This device kills fascists.

  9. #564

    • loves a silver lining
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    15,597
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

    Wolfman- I liked it. It remember me of old school monster movies.



    Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

  10. #565

    • Mrs. J. Depp
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    4,055

    Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Nobody told you that this was an interactive movie? It's up to you to make those sounds with your movie buddy.
    My movie buddy was Heather haha.


    Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

  11. #566

    • Infinitized!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Posts
    5,915

    Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

    Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    The Wolfman- If you like the original werewolf monster then you will likely like this as well. However I pose an honest question with this... if Star Wars was made today, and not "back then" would the special effects be "better" or would they be the same?... There has been a lot of upgrades since the original werewolf, about the last time I saw anything that resembled it was Teen Wolf. I didn't know Michael J Fox was related to them. From Killer Instinct the video game, to American Werewolf in Paris, to Underworld, to Van Helsing... modern media has turned the shaggy dogman into a truly terrifying mythic beast. Initially The Wolfman hid the monster and I thought this was to build up suspense. There was a lot of gore but gore didn't bother me. The feet, the claws, perfect. Then they show the face and all I could think was "Hey Michael where's your varsity jacket?". I was really underwhelmed and disappointed in the monster. Since the monster essentially is the movie, my disappointment spoiled any enjoyment I would get from the movie itself outside of enjoying time with Tinkmomma.
    Remember, it's called The Wolfman, not The Werewolf.

    Gonna go check it out tomorrow, that is if I can peel myself away from Olympic coverage.

  12. #567

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,357

    Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

    UP IN THE AIR - Really good film. I liked it a lot.

    THE HANGOVER - It was my second time and I enjoyed it like I never seen it before. Really well written.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  13. #568

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,370

    Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Remember, it's called The Wolfman, not The Werewolf.

    Gonna go check it out tomorrow, that is if I can peel myself away from Olympic coverage.
    I realize that, but considering how old the original is I expected more... especially when you consider the entire movie is centered on the monster (which incidentally in the original the special effects were "cutting edge"). The appearance of the monster in this movie was beyond "campy" to the point of making me question if it was a budget cut. At one point someone in the audience made a joke referencing Harry and the Hendersons... another joked about Teen Wolf. Somehow I don't think that was the reaction the director was hoping for. Lots of gore, and a comical "monster"... as a fan of classic monster movies I had higher expectations.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  14. #569

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    22,687

    Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

    Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom View Post
    Wolfman- I liked it. It remember me of old school monster movies.
    Exactly. Some of it was kind of campy, but the gore made it good for a "modern" audience that expects things like that. I thought the effects were really well done.


  15. #570

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,370

    Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

    Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Exactly. Some of it was kind of campy, but the gore made it good for a "modern" audience that expects things like that. I thought the effects were really well done.
    While most horror going audiences expect to indulge in a gore fest... most who went to the classic monster movies went specifically for the special effects. From the very origins of the genre the main draw has always been special effects... look at this makeup... look how we transformed that actor... etc.

    On this very basic level Wolfman failed. It failed to bring anything new to the table in regards to the legend of the Wolfman. If anything it managed to set things back. The buildup to seeing the monster was absolutely amazing. As I said all you saw until that scene was blurs, claws, and blood. Once the monster was shown many in the audience laughed. The "special effects" and "make up" were a joke. I've seen school kids who look better on Halloween. I asked one of the movie attendants after the show and was told this was a standard reaction at each showing... people laughed at the "campiness" of the monster. Now I ask, in honesty, do you think this was the reaction the director intended when producing a monster movie that was meant to honor a classic? Was his intention to create howls of laughter and cat calls of "Thriller", "Teen Wolf" and "Harry and the Hendersons"?

    The character development and story were minimal at best. The only thing it honestly had to rely on was the monster itself... and as I've indicated that failed miserably. Van Helsing did far more to honor the classic monsters and it has more faults then can be mentioned in a single post.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


Similar Threads

  1. The "What Movie did you just see" thread STRIKES BACK
    By sir clinksalot in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 2021
    Last Post: 10-22-2009, 04:46 AM
  2. the official "What movie did you just see?" thread! MERGED
    By Coheteboy in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 1998
    Last Post: 07-19-2008, 09:04 AM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-16-2007, 08:44 PM
  4. 2 more movie reviews : "Norbit" and "Epic Movie"
    By Sosai X in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 03:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •