Page 47 of 191 FirstFirst ... 223744454647484950577297147 ... LastLast

• Disneyland PAP

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Thanks for asking about coheteboy's #1 flick, sir clink. I was curious too and assumed (hoped!) it would be Kung Fu Panda. I first saw KFP on Blu-ray based on a lot of great reviews and friends' glowing recommendations. Everyone was right! I admit to a tad bit of prejudice against DW . But Panda was awesome. I may probably pick up Dragon when it comes to Blu-ray; so far, I haven't heard anything that makes me think the 3D really plusses it very much (same with Alice as well). The only other DW flicks I've seen were MvA (yuck) and Shreks 1 & 2. I liked 2 better, but I went in with low expectations. I did enjoy their holiday special tho'.

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

well if we're doing dreamworks rankings:

1. Shrek 2
    2. Shrek
    3. Shrek the Third
    4. Kung Fu Panda
    5. Chicken Run
    6. Madagascar

well those are the only ones i've seen or are worth ranking
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Ya know, everytime I see a movie in the theater that I thought was "good", I ask myself a simple question: Am I going to buy this?

With Kung Fu Panda, it was an ABSOLUTELY YES. With Dragon... it's a meh. I found myself really not thinking about it at all after I saw it. As in... it didn't resonate with me in that really big way that animated films have the power to. I loved the humor in it and I'd have to say that Craig Ferguson is probably why I enjoyed this movie so much. It actually took me a WHILE to accept Hiccup's voice.

And the design of Toothless and the other dragons really don't do it for me either. LOVE the viking stuff though. Dragon stuff... not as impressed. I think it'll be a good rental down the line for a 2nd viewing but I'd rather watch Rescuers Down Under for some good animated "boy riding on winged animal" footage.

Edit: i didn't even include Shrek the Third in my ranking. That's how low that one scored with me. I instantly forgot it existed.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Circle of Ancients

Oddly enough, when I saw Shrek (the first one) in the threatre I didn't like it AT ALL. But my kids were 4 and 3 at the time and I thought it was a little too "old" for them at the time, so that affected my enjoyment of the movie.

It wasn't until later viewings that I really fell in love with the movie, the interraction between Shrek and Donkey are classic, and there are some classic lines in that movie.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Oddly enough, when I saw Shrek (the first one) in the threatre I didn't like it AT ALL. But my kids were 4 and 3 at the time and I thought it was a little too "old" for them at the time, so that affected my enjoyment of the movie.

It wasn't until later viewings that I really fell in love with the movie, the interraction between Shrek and Donkey are classic, and there are some classic lines in that movie.

The complete opposite happened with me. I saw Shrek the opening weekend with my cousin. We both had a few chuckles and when it was over, we both said "eh... it was okay. too many jokes that were funny 6 months ago, etc." And then it exploded. My "this movie is overrated" radar went haywire as it continued to get amazing box office gross.

By the time it came out on DVD, I gave it another try and just didn't enjoy it at all. It was even less funny because the jokes were even more outdated.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    The complete opposite happened with me. I saw Shrek the opening weekend with my cousin. We both had a few chuckles and when it was over, we both said "eh... it was okay. too many jokes that were funny 6 months ago, etc." And then it exploded. My "this movie is overrated" radar went haywire as it continued to get amazing box office gross.

That's what happened with Shrek for me. I think it's an extremely overrated movie. I don't know if it was something I wasn't getting, but I just didn't, and still don't, get the hype surrounding it.

But then again, I always seem to have the opposite opinion from everyone else, so I am glad I'm not alone on this one.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Circle of Ancients

I agree that some of the jokes in Shrek are highly outdated (the Matrix Kick, Robin Hood Dancing, etc). But the "Layers" banter between Shrek and Donkey remains one of the funniest moments in a movie for me.

• MiceChat Moderator

I agree that some of the jokes in Shrek are highly outdated (the Matrix Kick, Robin Hood Dancing, etc). But the "Layers" banter between Shrek and Donkey remains one of the funniest moments in a movie for me.

I guess it helps if you like Mike Myers' performance (which I don't) and find Donkey to be an original character (which I don't since Mushu came first). Maybe as an experiment, I'll give it another go... but I might come off hating it more. And plus.. it won Best Animated Film Oscar that year.

For someone who actually likes it, did it deserve it?

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    And plus.. it won Best Animated Film Oscar that year.

For someone who actually likes it, did it deserve it?
    Over Monsters Inc. ... probably not.

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

ahh yes...the layers....we still use that one to this day!
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• Senior Minion

Saw The Last Song. Good movie, sad as usual, yes, but still good. Don't see how Miley is any more mature in this film than she is in anything else she does. She acts the same.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Circle of Ancients

Paranormal Activity

I have to admit I got freaked out in a couple of spots. Not sure if it lived up to the hype it was getting (because it was a lot) but it takes a lot for a movie to give me goose bumps and this one did in a couple of spots.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Princess and the Frog Blu-Ray. Even better than the theater (minus the screaming girls). Wonderfully done with beautiful animation!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• keh!

Fantastic Mr. Fox and Gran Torino. really enjoyed both! Gran Torino was sad but a satisfying film. Fantastic Mr. Fox was just all around entertaining! i enjoyed it more than i thought i would. great films!

• "Always On The Move..."

Alice in Wonderland Thought it was visually stunning and really enjoyed it. The only problem I had with it was the CGI enlargement of The Hatter's eyes. The proportionately too large eyes really creeped me out. But I'll be buying a copy of this the moment it comes out on Blu-Ray.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6