Page 48 of 191 FirstFirst ... 233845464748495051587398148 ... LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Dead Snow

Nazi Zombies FTW!!! If you don't like campy, bloody, awesome zombie movies don't bother. If you do ... it's worth it.

• Disneyland PAP

Clash of the Titans 3D - After hearing some last minute info that the 3D was poorly done, my friends and I watched this last night and thought the 3D was fine, tho' that all that spectacular. The film itself was as decent and entertaining enough as I expected, perhaps a tad more so. I liked GI Joe enough and thought this was as good as that. My friends thought it was better than GI Joe. I give it a solid B-.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Clash of the Titans-I was very disappointed. I didn't find it engaging at all. Our entire group of seven was very let down by the movie.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid-My youngest son loves the books and has been waiting for this one. I was pleasantly surprised. It was a really cute movie.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    Clash of the Titans 3D - After hearing some last minute info that the 3D was poorly done, my friends and I watched this last night and thought the 3D was fine, tho' that all that spectacular. The film itself was as decent and entertaining enough as I expected, perhaps a tad more so. I liked GI Joe enough and thought this was as good as that. My friends thought it was better than GI Joe. I give it a solid B-.

I thought G.I.Joe was complete garbage. I hope 'Clash' is better.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I thought G.I.Joe was complete garbage. I hope 'Clash' is better.
    YMMV of course, but my friends definitely thought Clash was better than Joe. But I think Joe had hotter women in it! I think I've only seen the original Clash a couple of times long, long ago. I know it's not a great flick either, but I am getting the itch to check it out again just for kicks.

Bionic Showdown - I dunno how this old flick popped into my head, but I decided to look it up on YouTube to watch. Halfway through it now. I grew up watching both bionic series as a kid along with Wonder Woman and The Incredible Hulk back in the day. This reunion movie has some fun moments with Steve and Jaime dancing around their love life. And I never realized Bill Conti did the score for this. But I also did remember a young Sandra Bullock as the Bionic Girl in. How cool is that!

• MiceChat Moderator

ASTRO BOY -- I'm a fan of the character and this movie had some decent moments and performances (mostly from the British cast), but I think I know why it failed at the box office. It's too "saturday morning cartoon". It wasn't anything exciting or amazing visually. It was just... there. And as always, Nicholas Cage manages to stick out like a sore thumb and make things really awkward. I had higher hopes for this one.

• future rockstar/imagineer

How to Train Your Dragon I was actually really surprised by this movie! It was really good, and the 3d was very well done.

• Circle of Ancients

Up In The Air

I really enjoyed it more than I thought it would. I figured out the "twist" pretty early though. Had some great moments with Clooney and Anna Kendrick (who is kinda hot).

• Circle of Ancients

An Education

Thought it was good, not great. Very good performance by Carey Mulligan (who is also kinda hot) though.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    An Education

Thought it was good, not great. Very good performance by Carey Mulligan (who is also kinda hot) though.

This was nominated for Best Picture right? Is it something that qualifies?

• Infinitized!

Tonight at the theater:

Hot Tub Time Machine - For those of you that like the 80s, I highly recommend this movie. Saw it tonight. Hilarious. Not really a spoiler but I got a good laugh at the scene where Lou is on the yacht at the end: the Vancouver 2010 athletes village is behind him. They must've shot it last summer as there was still one construction crane there. The ski hill also looked vaguely familiar and then I realized it was Fernie in southeast BC. The guy that played the young version of John Cusack is a local guy. Some 80s actors make cameos like Crispin Glover and Chevy Chase. I worked on a ski hill this winter and got a kick out of all the ski hill jokes. So grab a can of Chernobly Energy Drink and jump into the hot tub. Go see it!

• Animation Domination

Clash of the Titans 2010-

It was way better than the original movie. Some things from the remake were change and others were not. Overall I really liked the changes that they made in the remake version. Great action, story and romance.
    Look for Bubo the robot Owl that came out in the 1981 film and made a cameo in the 2010 film.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    This was nominated for Best Picture right? Is it something that qualifies?
    I don't think it was the "best" movie of the year, but I'm having a hard time trying to think of what else could have been nominated in it's place. Carey Mulligan deserved the nomination she got though, I'll give it that. It was entertaining and was a good story. It's worth the rental. Also, a performance in the movie I hadn't heard much about, but was VERY good was Alfred Molina.

I've seen all of the "Best Picture" nominees now with the exception of Precious (which I really have no desire to see). The only one that I've seen that I would say didn't deserve the nominations was The Blind Side which I would have replaced with probably Star Trek.

Brothers

A movie that the previews didn't really show what the movie was REALLY about. From the previews it looked like a movie where Tobey McGuire goes crazy, and he does, but for maybe 10-15 minutes of the entire movie. The movie is REALLY about the effects of war on those that come home. A good movie nonetheless.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Tonight at the theater:

Hot Tub Time Machine - For those of you that like the 80s, I highly recommend this movie. Saw it tonight.
    I saw it on Saturday.
    Very funny. "The Hangover"-style humor, so prudes should stick to the dragon movie. Rob Corddry is great in this.

Trailer concern: Did I just see every funny scene in "MacGruber"? Some of those I bet would have been real funny seeing them during the movie for the first time. But if I've seen them all, then I won't bother.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• ...is busy, please hold.

Jesus Christ Superstar! The music was amazing
    Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
    Think of it as a third arm that magically
    shoots bullets!