Page 5 of 189 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105 ... LastLast

• 1 man can make a difernce

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Quote Originally Posted by Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Bo View Post
    Me too!!!

And Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Bo does NOT dance!!!

You saw it? WITHOUT ME?
    Tisk tisk tisk

In class, "Shoot the Piano Player," by Francois Truffaut in 1960. Pretty good New Wave film. Had one topless woman in it, pre-dating the American rating system.

• Goofy

I just came back from the movie theatres and I saw a christmas carol in 3d. The movie was well done and awesome especially the effects and the graphics too. and some parts of the movie was kinda creepy. overall this movie was brilliantly well done. the 3d itself was beautiful. it made you feel like you were part in that movie.

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

I saw 'A Christmas Carol' last night.

It was a good one.

• Banned User

Just saw "Astro Boy" again with friends from work. They loved it. 6 thumbs up. BTW, Osamu Tezuka, the Japanese artist who created Astro Boy way back in the 1950's, absolutely idolized Walt Disney. He reportedly watched Snow White and Pinocchio something like 80 times each. He finally met Walt at the 1964 World's Fair, and Walt told him he'd seen the Astro Boy TV series and liked it. Tezuka was walking on air, LOL. He later sketched a picture of Walt with a bright halo around his head. Now that's the kind of fan I totally identify with!
    Last edited by Magenta Panther; 11-09-2009 at 09:31 AM.

• My prices are INSANE!

Watched Capricorn One on Turner Classic Movies today.

Love that film. Completely forgot that Telly Savalas was in it.
    Who loves ya baby...
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• Disneyland PAP

Watchmen: Director's Cut - Had a comic book friend over yesterday to finally get him to see this. He loved it, and it was good for me to see it again before I get the expanded Ultimate Cut next week.

The Little Mermaid - I was listening to Disney film music in the car Saturday morning, and it inspired me to re-watch this, Beauty and the Beast, and Aladdin again. This is the first time I've seen this DVD played on my HDTV/PS3 set up. I can imagine how much better it will look with it's finally released on Blu-ray. But even so, I got lost in the movie and Ariel's big blue eyes and really enjoyed seeing it again after a few years sitting on my shelf. Next time: Beauty and the Beast!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Saw WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE.

...and I still don't know where they are. Nor do I even care. The movie was just too dark and brooding for its own good. Pitty.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Yesterday, in film appreciation class, Alfred Hitchcock's "Rear Window". We're supposed to write a review focusing on Hitchcock's voyeurism theme.

• Circle of Ancients

Full Metal Jacket

In honor of Veterans day. It'd been awhile since I've seen it, still an absolutely AMAZING movie.

Although, this is one movie that has an AMAZING first half and then a not so great second half. The confrontation between Vincent D'Onofrio and R. Lee Ermey is great from the first scene of the movie. It's hard to match that emotion of the movie and the 2nd half doesn't really pull it off, until the last scene IMO.
    Last edited by sir clinksalot; 11-11-2009 at 04:24 PM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Yah I love the first half of that movie too!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Disneyland PAP

Beauty and the Beast - Special Edition - I popped this DVD in the other night and completely forgot it had the "Human Again" scene added it until after I saw the "Special Edition" in the title sequence. Watching it right after The Little Mermaid, I was really struck by how much more realistic Belle's character design is compared to Ariel's. But it was great to see it again after so many years.

Up - I invited some of the office girls to my place tonight (I have more girl friends at the office than guy friends) to watch this. Two of them had never seen it before, and I warned them they'd be needing the Kleenex I'd laid in front of them on the coffee table. They were sad at all the right moments, but they never teared up as bad as some of the other girls. They loved the movie tho'. And they were just as annoyed by Russell as I was when I first saw it in theatres, lol!

• Animation Domination

Batman/Superman: Public Enemies- The movie was great for a comic book that was made to an animated movie. Some parts were left out from the comic book series. The movie was filled with action just like the comic book. It proves that Batman and Superman can take down any villain or teams of villains.
    "You are watching FOX"

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Yesterday I got to see 'The Fantastic Mr. Fox', and it is. Wes Anderson continues to amaze with his unique vision and humor. It's a wondorous- looking film, one that reminds you of a movie you saw as a kid but didn't really. And as I've known since before he got blown to bits on the NBC series, 'Sisters' - Clooney is a real fox.

Tonight I got to see an advance screening of Disney's first release of 2010, Touchstone Pictures' 'When in Rome'. Cute, fluffy romantic-comedy with Kristen 'Veronica Mars' Bell & Josh 'Las Vegas' Duhamel. Beautiful Italian settings, lovely co-stars, a supporting cast of TV stars of past & present, an Oscar winner, a 'Napoleon Dynamite' mind-bender moment and a real tiny car that looks like Luigi from Pixar's 'Cars'. Be sure to sit through the main end credits. If the studio is lucky it could do half as well as 'The Proposal' did this year.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Minion

Saw A Christmas Carol... ummm I love this story, it's classic for a reason. I don't feel like the movie really embraced the story for what it is. The technology has some odd things going for it as well. It never seems like the characters are actually looking at eachother, it's very unsettling. They often look cross eyed.
    Spoiler
    Also, I thought adding what amounts to a chase scene with the last spirit felt completely unneeded. The movie isn't about that, at that point in the story, it's about Scrooge and his needing to see his possible horrible end, in order to finally get the lesson of the story. Instead, he's shrunk down and chased through the streets so we can have "an action sequence". It made the film LONGER at the sacrafice of the emotional climax of the story.

I was disappointed.

Page 5 of 189 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105 ... LastLast