Page 51 of 192 FirstFirst ... 2641484950515253546176101151 ... LastLast

• Hopeful Princess <3

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Dodge City Its a great old 1930's movie staring the amazing duo of Errol Flynn and Olivia de Havilland. Its a great western about a man named Wade Hatton who is a cattle driver who becomes the sherif of Dodge City to stomp out the criminal Jeff Surret and his gang and of course to fall in love with Abbie Irving.
    I thought it was absolutely amazing and the scenes between Errol and Olivia were so cute!

• Disneyland PAP

Haven't had any quality time to spare to watch any movies at home the last couple of weeks. Had my first chance yesterday.

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier - Dunno why, but I had a hankering of original crew Star Trek while working on my computer and decided on this chestnut to play in the background. I've grown to enjoy this turkey of a movie, mainly for the camp fire scenes. Tho' the parts that are truly a mess occasionally draw my attention…like a car accident scene, you know.

Star Trek (2009) - At 10pm as I was yawning heavily and knowing it was time for bed, I scratched an itch called Star Trek that I'd been telling myself the past month or so that it's been a long while since I last saw it. I popped it in just to get a little 10-15 minute taste before going to bed, and guess what? The movie's opening scenes woke me up. Went to be after midnight and paid for it this morning. The snooze button is my friend, but I also didn't get outta bed until an hour after my alarm first went off.

• Animation Domination

Twilight-New Moon- Man, was this torture and boring! The sequel was worst than the first movie. The only thing that was different was that Bella falls in love with Jacob instead of Edward. Vampires and Werewolfs fighting each other, oh come on.
    "You are watching FOX"

• "Always On The Move..."

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    On DVD, I also watched:
    Swiss Family Robinson - I got a hold of the Vault Disney edition for $9.99. Fun movie. The Swiss Family really does need to move back into the treehouse in Disneyland. It's too bad the Vault Disney line didn't go past 4 movies.
    My riding academy supplied all the animals for SWF. In fact I helped break the zebra (named Squeaky) to ride for the film. I also used to ride the ostrich (Jughead) in wild animal races. My little connection to Disney history. Just FYI, Jughead's skeleton is now on display at UC Davis.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I think the last movie I saw was.... Spaceballs I think. It was on AMC a couple weeks ago, followed by Blazing Saddles.

• Animation Domination

The Princess and the Frog- Still has the magic after watching it for a second time. I really enjoy watching this film it ranks with Tarzan, Pochantas, Mulan and Hercules.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I think the last movie I saw was.... Spaceballs I think. It was on AMC a couple weeks ago, followed by Blazing Saddles.
    Spaceballs... The Micechat Post!

• Infinitized!

Tonight, on DVD I watched:
    Sherlock Holmes - Picked up the Blu-Ray/DVD combo a couple of days ago. Great movie! Saw it in the theater last Christmas, but was a little sleepy while watching it so I couldn't concentrate on all the little details. Enjoyed it a whole lot more with this 2nd viewing.

• Goofy

spaceballs on amc. that movie is awesome to watch and over again.

• Disneyland PAP

Kick-*** - I discovered the comic book last year (or was it two years ago now?) after all the hype surrounding the first issue. I ended up taking the bait and getting a special reprint of the first two issues and after reading it, was completely blown away by the danger, the humor, the graphic violence, and the humor! It took a couple of years (yeah, I think it was two years ago, wow-that long!), but when the eighth and final issue finally came out a few months ago, it was a worthwhile adventure. Tonight, I watch the film version of the comic book with my comic book buddies and was just as satisfied with it, tho' less shocked about the content since I already knew the tone of the story (in fact, imo the comic book shows MUCH more violence than the film does). About 80% of the original comic book story remains; the 20% that was developed for the film didn't make it better than the book, it just made it better mostly for the film's final battle and for Nicholas Cage's character. He was hilariously great in it, btw, but the absolute scene-stealer is the innocent-looking little girl super-hero with the moves of a super-ninja and the mouth of a Marine. Loved Loved Loved this movie. Now, I'm gonna re-read the comic books again as I await the Blu-ray lol.

• time to go

How to Train Your Dragon in IMAX 3D was yesterday's matinee. (I first saw in on Monday, but thanks to construction crews down the street, the theater lost power for 2 hours, so I didn't get to see the last 15 minutes. AARRGGHH! Thanks to AMC for giving all of us both a re-admit coupon PLUS a full refund for our tickets. Sweet!)

Solid story, excellent DP work by Deakins, good characterization, and amazing flying sequences in IMAX 3D. (Definitely worth the added $$ for the flying sequences alone.) I'm just afraid that seeing this film twice in one week (well, almost) will put me off for Sorcerer's Apprentice, later this summer. I doubt I'll be able to keep Hiccup out of my mind every time Dave (the Apprentice) opens his mouth. Jay Baruchel has a very distinctive voice.

Alice in Wonderland in 3D was today's matinee. I love Burton's films. I love Depp in Burton's films. I loved the sets, visuals, costumes, lighting, mood, tone... but I didn't quite connect to the story. It was... interesting. Not exactly the way I would have told the story, but it worked well enough.

Sometimes having a dream state intrude on reality and unfold in front of your eyes is satisfying enough. This was definitely one of those times.
    "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• Circle of Ancients

The Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King (Blu Ray)

My least favorite of the 3 movies turns out to be the best movie on Blu Ray. The movie looks absolutely fantastic on Blu. The battle in Pellenor fields, the Paths of the Dead, the Nazgul flying over Minas Tirith, Shelobs Lair (OMG!!!).

• Minion

Last night (Thursday the 15th) I went and saw a 10PM showing of Kick-A**. It had it's ups, and it's downs, but I thought it was still pretty good. I've never read the Comic Books but would be interested in reading them now that I saw the movie. Best part of the night though was the trailer for The Expendables. The whole theater really popped for this trailer. It has one great All-Star Cast of Movie Veterans like Stallone, Rourke, Willis, Jet Li, Schwarzenegger, Lundgren, and also features Austin, Statham, Randy Coture and so many more great Action Stars. For those of you who aren't going to see Kick-A**, then YouTube this trailer. This has the possibility of being one of the biggest action movies, and probably one of Stallone's best works as Actor and Director since the Rocky and Rambo movies (with the exception of the last and current Rocky and Rambo movies because I thought those sucked in my opinion)
    Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

• keh!

Kick-A**

absolutely loved it! so twisted it's great! : )

• Circle of Ancients

The Evil Dead

I haven't seen this in probably 20 years, if not more. Still a great cheesy horror movie.