Page 53 of 190 FirstFirst ... 32843505152535455566378103153 ... LastLast

• Goofy

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

the perfect game. what a good decent movie it is.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL -- I own this movie because it was on sale on bluray. And being the major Indiana Jones nutjob that I am, I wanted all the bonus material. But anyway... this is probably my 4th or 5th viewing of the film and... pretending it's not a real Indiana Jones movie helped. A lot. It was less annoying to a degree, but you still wake up and go "UGH" quite frequently. I think this film needed perhaps one more draft with the screenplay and it would have been fine.

THE FOX AND THE HOUND -- When I was a kid, I used to spend every summer watching every Disney animated film I owned in chronological order. I don't have the luxury of summer anymore so I'm going to have to pick random time periods. And since watching WAKING SLEEPING BEAUTY and the time period was immediately following Fox and the Hound and Black Cauldron, I thought I would visit this decade and watch every Disney animated film in chronological order beginning with 1981's Fox and the Hound.

This is probably my 2nd viewing... I bought it on VHS years ago, watched it once, didn't care for it and never thought about it again. Now I have it on basic DVD that I bought years ago and never re-visited.. until now. The film is still disjointed and not very impressive to me. The adorable scenes are indeed adorable and the climax is certainly fun to watch, but everything else... total filler and I didn't care for any of it. I thought they could have certainly fleshed out the friendship way more than they did and spent more time with that. Anyway, that's that.

THE GOODS: LIVE HARD, SELL HARD - I was expecting not to like this. The movie tanked, reviews were horrible, but man... I was grinning the whole way through. What's not to like? Honestly... what's not to like! You got Jeremy Piven playing the usual douchebag we all love. We got Ken Jeong, David Koechner, Ed Helms, Ving Rhames, Craig Robinson... ALAN THICKE for crying out loud. This was one entertaining flick about selling cars in Temecula.

It also... has one of my favorite Will Ferrell moments ever. Really fun rental, very politically INcorrect... so if you're into that kind of off-wall random humor, you just may like this.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    It also... has one of my favorite Will Ferrell moments ever.
    I'm gonna guess it's the scene where he jumps out of the plane dressed as Abe Lincoln.

• Circle of Ancients

Terminator Salvation

This was my 2nd viewing of the movie and I think I actually liked it a little better the 2nd time around. It answers some series related questions (where John Connor's scar came from, how he met Reese, etc.) but also poses a couple more. Why did Reese not tell Sarah Connor about Marcus Wright. Would have been a pretty important thing to tell her to tell John so they wouldn't try and kill him. Or even T2 or T3 Terminator could have told him.

But overall, a good movie.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    I'm gonna guess it's the scene where he jumps out of the plane dressed as Abe Lincoln.
    Haha yes.

• Circle of Ancients

THE GOODS: LIVE HARD, SELL HARD - I was expecting not to like this. The movie tanked, reviews were horrible, but man... I was grinning the whole way through. What's not to like? Honestly... what's not to like! You got Jeremy Piven playing the usual douchebag we all love. We got Ken Jeong, David Koechner, Ed Helms, Ving Rhames, Craig Robinson... ALAN THICKE for crying out loud. This was one entertaining flick about selling cars in Temecula.

It also... has one of my favorite Will Ferrell moments ever. Really fun rental, very politically INcorrect... so if you're into that kind of off-wall random humor, you just may like this.
    Just added it to my Netflix.

• Minion

Nightmare On Elm Street: thought it was great. Thought Jackie Earle Haley was awesome as Freddy Krueger and really made it his own. But nobody will ever beat Robert Englund
    Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

• Infinitized!

Went to the theater and saw Oceans again. At 1 hour and 40 minutes, the movie goes by fast. When the credits start to roll, you actually want to see some more footage. One thing I noticed with this 2nd viewing, the producers seemed to stay away from colorful tropical reefs. The movie has a greyish tinge to it throughout in all the underwater shots. Anybody else notice this?

After watching this, I feel bad when going on the news websites and reading about the oil spill that is happening in the gulf of Mexico. I hope they can contain it soon and get the mess cleaned up.

• keh!

Exit Through The Gift Shop

i really enjoyed it, good movie! : )

i laughed when they showed Disneyland's Banksy incident, hahaha.

• Disneyland PAP

INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL -- I own this movie because it was on sale on bluray. And being the major Indiana Jones nutjob that I am, I wanted all the bonus material. But anyway... this is probably my 4th or 5th viewing of the film and... pretending it's not a real Indiana Jones movie helped. A lot. It was less annoying to a degree, but you still wake up and go "UGH" quite frequently. I think this film needed perhaps one more draft with the screenplay and it would have been fine.
    I saw this over the weekend too. For me the film's biggest plus is Harrison Ford. He simply doesn't skip a beat playing being Indiana Jones. I love re-watching this just to see him play the man with the whip, regardless of the WTF moments. His reaction to seeing "Mary" again always makes me LOL. With all I've read about Lucas's fixation on crystal skulls tho' I'm not sure any more drafts would've taken out the silliest parts of the script. But I gotta tell ya, my brain suddenly opened up to explanation of the crystal skull race more this time than any other. So the "dramatic" ending actually was more palatable. I didn't fight the ending like I always did, I went with it because I accepted their explanation this time, if that makes sense.

Never Say Never Again - I tried to watch this again, only got about 40 minutes through before I had enough and replaced it with the next episode to see on my Wonder Woman Season One set.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    I saw this over the weekend too. For me the film's biggest plus is Harrison Ford. He simply doesn't skip a beat playing being Indiana Jones. I love re-watching this just to see him play the man with the whip, regardless of the WTF moments. His reaction to seeing "Mary" again always makes me LOL. With all I've read about Lucas's fixation on crystal skulls tho' I'm not sure any more drafts would've taken out the silliest parts of the script. But I gotta tell ya, my brain suddenly opened up to explanation of the crystal skull race more this time than any other. So the "dramatic" ending actually was more palatable. I didn't fight the ending like I always did, I went with it because I accepted their explanation this time, if that makes sense.

More drafts would have found better ways to tell something or explore. For example, the character of Mac was terrible. There was no real pay off and Indy just sticks with him for no better reason, nor does he ever question his allegiance... AGAIN. I don't believe that character would have done what he did at the end either.

And the "dramatic" ending still wasn't enough. Nothing is explained and nothing makes sense. Going in for the 3rd, 4th, whatever time, you can ignore it all but and just watch, but it's still not enjoyable ENOUGH as a stand-alone film. Not enough pay-off.

I wonder how many people who've seen this as their first Indiana Jones movie is actually a fan of Indiana Jones now?

• Animation Domination

Push-
    Just checked out this movie at first when I saw the previews I thought it was going to be stupid. Then I watched the movie and thought it was really good. Push really had some twisted moments in the movie, but the ending was the best one.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Animation Domination

Crazy Heart- Jeff Bridges did a really good job with Bad Blake.
    The movie mainly shows that alcoholics can change and it doesn't matter what age they are. Also I never knew that Jeff Bridges can sing. Jeff Bridges got his first Oscar for Best Actor and I agree that he should have won.

The Blind Side- The story started out slow and then it pick up. I found this to be a family friendly movie. This story was about rags to riches. I'm not a big fan of football movies, but this one goes up their with Rudy and Waterboy. Sandra Bullock winning Best Actress was kind of overrating her performance wasn’t that good.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Disneyland PAP

More drafts would have found better ways to tell something or explore. For example, the character of Mac was terrible. There was no real pay off and Indy just sticks with him for no better reason, nor does he ever question his allegiance... AGAIN. I don't believe that character would have done what he did at the end either.

And the "dramatic" ending still wasn't enough. Nothing is explained and nothing makes sense. Going in for the 3rd, 4th, whatever time, you can ignore it all but and just watch, but it's still not enjoyable ENOUGH as a stand-alone film. Not enough pay-off.

I wonder how many people who've seen this as their first Indiana Jones movie is actually a fan of Indiana Jones now?
    More drafts might've found better ways to explain things better, but methinks George Lucas still would've fought to keep all the stuff you and I find unpalatable.

I present exhibit A, Blue Sky Disney's summary of a script he says was commissioned by Lucas in 1995 called Indiana Jones and the Saucer Men from Mars, from whence things crystal skull-y first appear and the fridge scene was born (tho' with a different "life-saving" solution).

Blue Sky Disney: Indiana Jones And What Came Before (Part One)...

• Infinitized!

Tonight on DVD I watched:
    Iron Man - had to refresh my mind for #2 this week. Looking forward to it. Tempted to watch Incredible Hulk tomorrow night.